[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 5th Pick?

Capt. Stanky

IMO, there's 4 clear cut top picks in standard leagues (Non-2QB). AP, MJD, Turner & Forte. Who would you take next. I just recently had this delima and I went with Fitz. Is that too early for the top WR? Possibly, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a RB. The 5th pick seems to be the toughest pick this year.

IMO, there's 4 clear cut top picks in standard leagues (Non-2QB). AP, MJD, Turner & Forte. Who would you take next. I just recently had this delima and I went with Fitz. Is that too early for the top WR? Possibly, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a RB. The 5th pick seems to be the toughest pick this year.

I would go with De' WIlliams. Why is everybody so reluctant to take him? He was only the best fantasy rb last season. No rb that had a year like De' WIll has ever been this disrespected and I don't get it. The numbers were no mirage he put up those points and he can do it again!

I'd probably go with LT there, but Fitz is fine to. Picking fifth, you should have some decent options for a solid RB1 in the 2nd round. Then, you are in a nice position to grab value WR & RBs and respond to QB and TE runs before the bones are picked clean. I think picking going WR/WR to start from the 5 spot puts you at some risk, but you did OK based on your other thread.

-Heroes

#1, I wouldn't say Forte and Turner are "clear cut" top 4 picks. #2, I don't know why everyone is souring on LT this year. I only hope this stays the course as I gladly take him at #5(already did in one league).

BINGO....LT will bounce back in a big way this year to prove all the nay-sayers wrong (that backs over 30 are "over the hill" !!

DWilliams. Stewart is not at his talent level, maybe he is, but he's hurt all the time. Fox loves Williams. They run a ton, the o-line is tops. He's entering his prime. Worst case he gets 15TDs...and he avg'd 5.4 ypc over his last 420 carries....he's good.

It depends on your starting line up (I assume 2RB and 2WR). I like either LT or D.Williams here. I know Carolina likes to run the ball and J.Stewart is already banged up with a sore achilles. D.Williams still gets 20-25 touches in this offense. LT will bounce back this year. I like LTs 6 games vs. Oak, KC, and Den. instead of William's vs. Atl, NO, and TB. I also like LT as a receiver. I have the 4th pick and I think that it will go A.Peterson, Turner, Forte... and I'm debating between LT and MJD. Good Luck.

I have the #4 pick in my main money local and I'm still looking at LT there. In a PPR, he has a decent schedule (OAK, DEN, KC twice each). LT ended up in the top 7 or so of RBs and had a groin and toe injury. Right now I'm drinking the Kool Aid. If those 4 you mention are gone, i definitely like LT over the Sjax/CJ/Slatons. They might have decent seasons but I think LT should out score them. GL.

I have the 5th pick in my league also, NON PPR....

Im leaning towards Sjax...

DeAngelos schedule scares me, LT's age scares me, and Jackson well hes the only thing the rams have. They finally dont have an idiot coaching that team, and I expect them to run ALOT....

But yea everyone at 5 has their potential to be real good or real bad...

DeAngelo coming off a great year, still young, great o-line, but terrible schedule

LT, good schedule, solid o-line, still very good talent, but getting up their in age...plus that team is more pass heavy now anyway...

Sjax, very good schedule, terrible oline, still young, great talent...

Gore, very good schedule, bad o-lin, still young, great talent...

I have the 5th pick in my league also, NON PPR....

Im leaning towards Sjax...

DeAngelos schedule scares me, LT's age scares me, and Jackson well hes the only thing the rams have. They finally dont have an idiot coaching that team, and I expect them to run ALOT....

But yea everyone at 5 has their potential to be real good or real bad...

DeAngelo coming off a great year, still young, great o-line, but terrible schedule

LT, good schedule, solid o-line, still very good talent, but getting up their in age...plus that team is more pass heavy now anyway...

Sjax, very good schedule, terrible oline, still young, great talent...

Gore, very good schedule, bad o-lin, still young, great talent...

I thought they were more pass happy DUE to LT not be effective last year?

Edited by LayLow

I'm not feelin' either MJD or SJax for the same reasons. First they both have bad OLs. Sure they're supposedly improved, but after last year, how could they not be better? Second, no passing game to speak of. I can't think of any WR on the Rams or Jags that I want on my team. With 8 in the box, how effective will these guys be? What do you guys think?

I'm not feelin' either MJD or SJax for the same reasons. First they both have bad OLs. Sure they're supposedly improved, but after last year, how could they not be better? Second, no passing game to speak of. I can't think of any WR on the Rams or Jags that I want on my team. With 8 in the box, how effective will these guys be? What do you guys think?

MJD and SJax will both catch passes but I agree with your points. LT would be my pick at 5th.

DWilliams. Stewart is not at his talent level, maybe he is, but he's hurt all the time. Fox loves Williams. They run a ton, the o-line is tops. He's entering his prime. Worst case he gets 15TDs...and he avg'd 5.4 ypc over his last 420 carries....he's good.

If Fox is in love with DWill, how's come he never handed over the proverbial reins to him until the END of YEAR 3 ? I'm telling you now, be very leary of DWill this year, with the BRUTAL schedule and the threat of Stewart lurking in the shadows....if HE ever gets healthy, FOX will have not love for him, but , INFATUATION !!!!!! :wacko:

At 5 it is to early to take a WR in my opinion. I have the #5 pick in one draft and I am looking at LT (even a down year he put up good #'s), Chris Johnson, or Gore (I do play in a PPR) I like these guys alot this year in the 2nd half of the draft with a WR in the 2nd and 3rd round. SJ has nothing else going on in that offense. Forte possible sharing with Jones and he is not a home run treat. Turner and Williams will be going from one the best rushing schedules to one of the worst this year. I expect at least a 10% drop in production if not more from last year.

So at 5 the only one that might make me think twice before taking LT or CJ is Forte. then go WR/WR also long as I can get a top 13 WR with the 2nd pick and hope for Grant or K.Smith in the 4th.

I had 5th in a 12 teamer...here is what it looked like

1. (5) LaDainian Tomlinson RB

2. (20) Calvin Johnson WR

3. (29) Pierre Thomas RB

4. (44) Donovan McNabb QB

5. (53) Jason Witten TE

6. (68) Santonio Holmes WR

7. (77) Ray Rice RB

8. (92) Donald Brown RB

9. (101) Donnie Avery WR

10. (116) Jerious Norwood RB

11. (125) Leon Washington RB