[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Y.E. Yang

Big F'n Dave

We had some money going back and forth on the bar on every shot at my club today. Little f'er won me some money today! :wacko:

Gotta love how he he went out and took it on the back nine today.

Edited by BillyBalata

So does he still have to do Tiger's laundry afterward, even though he won?

Yeah but Tiger will fry up some chicken to have afterwards. win/win.

:wacko:

Nice that someone finally did what dumbass Mickelson typically choked trying to do. Speaking of choke wtph happened to Harrington? Must be related to Joey.

Yeah but Tiger will fry up some chicken to have afterwards. win/win.

:wacko:

Nice that someone finally did what dumbass Mickelson typically choked trying to do. Speaking of choke wtph happened to Harrington? Must be related to Joey.

He just had one screw up hole, otherwise he would have been right in it.

I love ESPN, but man... I am getting sick of them. Was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday afternoon into the evening and all they could talk about was TIGER and how he was blowing it, and to stay tuned for interviews with TIGER about losing the event. What the he||? How about interviewing the guy who WON? I am not a Tiger fan, mainly due to his ego, and it's crap like this that further feeds that. :wacko:

I love ESPN, but man... I am getting sick of them. Was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday afternoon into the evening and all they could talk about was TIGER and how he was blowing it, and to stay tuned for interviews with TIGER about losing the event. What the he||? How about interviewing the guy who WON? I am not a Tiger fan, mainly due to his ego, and it's crap like this that further feeds that. :wacko:

Apparently ESPN must think that Tiger plays for the Red Sox or the Yankees.

Well, say what you will, but I'd rather listen to someone tell how they lost IN ENGLISH, rather than listen to talk about how they won in South Korean, through a translator. Does not make for good TV. Takes too long and is off-putting.

Well, say what you will, but I'd rather listen to someone tell how they lost IN ENGLISH, rather than listen to talk about how they won in South Korean, through a translator. Does not make for good TV. Takes too long and is off-putting.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. They would have interviewed Tiger on his loss no matter who won.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. They would have interviewed Tiger on his loss no matter who won.

Maybe, maybe not.

I think the networks do need to be cognizant of what their viewers want to see or at least will sit through.

I, for one, do not like listening or watching when they have to use translators. Didn't like it when Cabrera won the US Open (or was it the Masters). And I like Cabrera a lot.

Maybe, maybe not.

I think the networks do need to be cognizant of what their viewers want to see or at least will sit through.

I, for one, do not like listening or watching when they have to use translators. Didn't like it when Cabrera won the US Open (or was it the Masters). And I like Cabrera a lot.

+1. I have zero interest in listening to someone win a U.S. tournament and then speak a foreign language. The guy lives in Southlake, Texas. Learn the language.

+1. I have zero interest in listening to someone win a U.S. tournament and then speak a foreign language. The guy lives in Southlake, Texas. Learn the language.

Give the dude a break. He has lived here for one year - he may be trying to learn the language but is not yet comfortable speaking the language. I used to have the same knee jerk reaction to that they should speak the language.

If you worked for a multinational company and took a job overseas would you be able to have a fluent conversation in German one year after moving to Germany? I think it is a lot tougher than you think.

Give the dude a break. He has lived here for one year - he may be trying to learn the language but is not yet comfortable speaking the language. I used to have the same knee jerk reaction to that they should speak the language.

If you worked for a multinational company and took a job overseas would you be able to have a fluent conversation in German one year after moving to Germany? I think it is a lot tougher than you think.

Good info here.

Golf is an international sport you bunch of dummies. I don't get all bent out of shape in this regard...sure, if someone moves to the US and plans to have a career, etc. here then yeah, I feel like they should learn the language. I work for an Austrian company and if I ever had the opportunity to move there and work, I'd learn the language...but I probably wouldn't be real proficient at it in a years time.

Good info here.

Golf is an international sport you bunch of dummies. I don't get all bent out of shape in this regard...sure, if someone moves to the US and plans to have a career, etc. here then yeah, I feel like they should learn the language. I work for an Austrian company and if I ever had the opportunity to move there and work, I'd learn the language...but I probably wouldn't be real proficient at it in a years time.

Easy stallion.

My observation was simply that the viewing public may not want to watch an interview done through translators - not that the guy hasn't learned the language yet. And as such, we probably get more Tiger, albeit in defeat, then of Yang, in victory.

Easy stallion.

My observation was simply that the viewing public may not want to watch an interview done through translators - not that the guy hasn't learned the language yet. And as such, we probably get more Tiger, albeit in defeat, then of Yang, in victory.

:wacko: Stallion!

Oh, I agree with what you typed, my thoughts were more directed at Double Agent's line of thinking...

Like I said, I do agree if you move to a country and plan to live there, you should learn the language.

Like I said, I do agree if you move to a country and plan to live there, you should learn the language.

And has been pointed out... it is a hell of a lot easier to tell someone to do this than to actually do it yourself. My guess is that the guy is trying to learn English and can speak it decemtly enough that he doesn't need a translator to go around with him during his day to day life; but to give an interview to a live audience of millions is beyond his capacity for the moment.

My guess is that if he had put the time into learning enough English so that he could have been interviewed only in English, he wouldn't have been in the position to get interviewed at all (since he would have had to cut back from practicing his golf game).

I don't think the eagle chip sealed it, but it certainly got Tiger's attention. Tiger's failure to make up at least one shot on 17 put him in a must-birdie position on 18, and then Yang's approach on 18 sealed the deal. Up until the eagle, though, I think most of us (including Tiger) were thinking that we had seen this too many times in the past... somebody stays close to him for 12-15 holes, only for Tiger to make a clutch putt or two down the stretch to win it. All of the sudden, after that eagle, Tiger realized he was going to have to make a putt or two just to have a CHANCE to win it. He was in a position that he's not all that comfortable with, considering he hadn't made a putt of considerable length in about a round and a half.

That's the biggest difference, in comparing this weekend to the past... Tiger simply couldn't get a putt to fall. He was actually playing fairly well from tee to green on Saturday AND Sunday. Actually, he wasn't even putting poorly, to be honest. Using anybody elses barometer of good vs. poor putting, he was probably putting better than average. We're just so used to seeing him as money inside of ten feet... when that doesn't happen, and he misses a few in the 5-10 foot range, it's like watching the twilight zone. Just doesn't happen very often.

I was happy for Yang... it's nice to see SOMEBODY not fold under the pressure of playing with Woods. I admit that I was slightly disappointed that he can't speak enough English to do an interview, but I'm guessing that will come with time. He's actually a late bloomer in the golf world... 37 years old and didn't take up golf until 18/19 years old. Like someone else mentioned... although he lives in TX, he just moved to the U.S. recently.

I found it somewhat refreshing to see Tiger's reaction after he had lost... looked like he was trying hard to smile, but it was about as fake a smile as you could possibly imagine. He was obviously pissed/frustrated.

Can't help but feel bad for Harrington... blew it last week, while playing with Tiger. This week, he's right in the mix, looking at possibly being part of a three-way tie for the lead, until he takes an 8 on a par-three (including two H2O penalties). Looked like an amateur on that hole, after going forever without so much as a bogey. Classy guy, though, he still acknowledged the crowd's applause very respectfully, after he made his putt to "save" an eight, even though he had to be sick inside. Tough way to take yourself out of a tournament, I would imagine.

Interesting year... Tiger still managed to win five events already, I believe, including a couple of pretty big ones. Just happens that none were majors. The parity on the PGA is nice in that there are a bunch of guys who can win on any given week. Still, though, I wouldn't mind somebody from the Harrington/Mickelson/Garcia/Goosen/Furyk/Perry/etc. group compete with Tiger more consistently. It seems like it's Tiger and everybody else right now... there is no clear group of golfers that you can put your finger on as #2-5... there are about 15-20 guys who could make a case for being in the top five in the world, but they're all very hit-and-miss.

Still, though, I wouldn't mind somebody from the Harrington/Mickelson/Garcia/Goosen/Furyk/Perry/etc. group compete with Tiger more consistently. It seems like it's Tiger and everybody else right now... there is no clear group of golfers that you can put your finger on as #2-5... there are about 15-20 guys who could make a case for being in the top five in the world, but they're all very hit-and-miss.

Some of the guys I'd like to see compete for the win in the majors would be:

Camilo Villegas

Anthony Kim

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Rory McIlroy

Certainly some others as well.....

Let youth be served, I guess.