[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Y.E. Yang

Big F'n Dave

Only took 20 minutes to get this page to load. Fix this crap already.

I understand the difficulty of learning a foreign language. But I don't want to watch an interview through a translator. That's just my opinion. It's like watching a movie in subtitles. It's not my thing.

Yang did live in New Zealand for a stretch. Don't they speak English there?

+1. I have zero interest in listening to someone win a U.S. tournament and then speak a foreign language. The guy lives in Southlake, Texas. Learn the language.

What an arrogant monster truck aficionado by this statement. Does Tiger speak Arabic when he wins Dubai? Do you speak every language wherever you travel for business or leisure? Did the LPGA succeed in mandating English for a tour that is dominated by Asian players? Do you live in a vacuum?

Some of the guys I'd like to see compete for the win in the majors would be:

Camilo Villegas

Anthony Kim

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Rory McIlroy

Certainly some others as well.....

Let youth be served, I guess.

Yep... those guys are all within that group of 20, for sure. I guess it's a hard sport to be consistent in... heck, even Tiger isn't stellar every time he plays. It just seems like nobody else really challenges him on a regular basis. Everybody that we both mentioned is good for a couple of stellar tournaments each year, but they also have just as many where they disappear, miss the cut, etc. Casey, Ogilvy, Westwood, Watney, and O'Hair would be a few more to add to the list.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. They would have interviewed Tiger on his loss no matter who won.

And, they should. The guy is the greatest golfer to ever walk the planet. Ego? He should have an ego. Name another athlete that dominates his sport that doesn't have an ego? But the guy handles himself with class at every turn. I agree with the translator comment too. Makes for bad TV. Like it or not, the media hangs onto Tiger's sack for a reason.

As much as I love Tiger and everything he stands for I loved watching Mr. Ying Yang hang around all day and provide the knockout blow with the chip-in eagle and then the hybrid 3 shot on the 18th. One of the best moments in sports viewing to me is the back nine in a hotly contested golf match. It's even better when Tiger is in the mix.

Edited by theprofessor

What an arrogant monster truck aficionado by this statement. Does Tiger speak Arabic when he wins Dubai? Do you speak every language wherever you travel for business or leisure? Did the LPGA succeed in mandating English for a tour that is dominated by Asian players? Do you live in a vacuum?

Umm...Tiger doesn't live in Dubai.

Yep... those guys are all within that group of 20, for sure. I guess it's a hard sport to be consistent in... heck, even Tiger isn't stellar every time he plays. It just seems like nobody else really challenges him on a regular basis. Everybody that we both mentioned is good for a couple of stellar tournaments each year, but they also have just as many where they disappear, miss the cut, etc. Casey, Ogilvy, Westwood, Watney, and O'Hair would be a few more to add to the list.

I saw a stat that Tiger has won 28% of his starts. Nicklaus was a far second at around 11%. Of course, Nicklaus won 18 majors and came in 2nd place in 19 others. TIger has won 14 and come in 2nd in 6 now. It really is incredible what he has done in his career. When the discussion turns towards the best golfers in the world, I wonder,...do ya think Nicklaus had stiffer competition during his career than what Tiger has had? By that I mean really good consistent players who always seemed to vie for a title...

Some of the guys I'd like to see compete for the win in the majors would be:

Camilo Villegas

Anthony Kim

Adam Scott

Dustin Johnson

Sergio Garcia

Rory McIlroy

Certainly some others as well.....

Let youth be served, I guess.

some of those aren't American names :wacko: