[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Margarita Poll

DMD

The Margarita Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. A Margarita is

• Masculine - it has tequila for god's sake
    • Neutral - just a drink
    • Feminine - Fruit flavored and slushy - chick drink

What was the brand of maker you bought? I was looking at one at BJ's which is like your Costco probably. It was stainless and only $70. Drink what you want. The only unmanly thing you're guilty of is given a crap what anyone else thinks.

Was it this one?

Blender

We bought this one. We got it for around $135 at Sams Club.

The cool thing is that you can make snowcones too for the kids... and me... pretty versatile machine that shaves ice and blends drinks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the situation.

If I'm hanging at a resort pool/seaside beach, I'll drink frozen margaritas and daiquiris all day. What the hell do I care? Its vacation.

However, I wouldn't be caught dead in a bar with either.

I could give a flip what people think. If I want a fruity drink, I'm ordering it with extra umbrellas.

:wacko:

We have guys come up to the bar sometimes and sheepishly order drinks that are normally "girlie" drinks. Sometimes we bust their balls if they draw attention to it but it is all in good fun. We have a Martini bar that has all of these custom Martinis and one of them is a Mango Martini. I had a guy order it once that could barely look me in thge eye. I told him he put the Man in Mango Martini and he felt much better about himself.

And those who complain that the blended ice is diluting their beverage simply aren't drinking it fast enough.

This makes absolutely no sense. If the drink is not blended, then yes, drinking it quickly prevents you from drinking a diluted beverage. However, if you blend said ice with the other ingredients then your drink is officially diluted and there's no way to avoid it. Each sip you take includes both your cocktail and the blended ice.

Defending blended margaritas is like defending well done steaks. To each his own, of course, but you need to understand that you are arguing for a fundamentally flawed product.

This makes absolutely no sense. If the drink is not blended, then yes, drinking it quickly prevents you from drinking a diluted beverage. However, if you blend said ice with the other ingredients then your drink is officially diluted and there's no way to avoid it. Each sip you take includes both your cocktail and the blended ice.

Defending blended margaritas is like defending well done steaks. To each his own, of course, but you need to understand that you are arguing for a fundamentally flawed product.

A helicopter with an ejection seat is a fundamentally flawed product, and doesn't go nearly as well with fajitas.

I could give a flip what people think. If I want a fruity drink, I'm ordering it with extra umbrellas.

We went to a place that had buck margs one night and brought our OWN umbrellas.

The bartender came over and said "thanks guys, now EVERYBODY wants to know why you have umbrellas and nobody else got any." :wacko:

i disagree... you can't "uncook" a steak, while you can always add more tequilla.

i disagree... you can't "uncook" a steak, while you can always add more tequilla.

Why does that matter? My point is simply this. One can say they prefer a well done steak. And that's fine, of course, but basically they are saying they prefer their steak to be ruined.

It's the same with a blended margarita. You are willfully diluting your drink. Yes, unlike a well done steak, you can always make it stronger by adding more of everything but all that means is that you are fixing the mistake made by blending ice into it.

The fact that one is a somewhat fixable mistake and the other is not only matters if the person getting it didn't want it that way to begin with. Which, in both instances is not the case. The person ordering the well done steak wants his steak over cooked so doesn't care that he's stuck with it. Just as the person willfully diluting his cocktail with pureed ice doesn't care that he could ask the bartender to fix his "mistake".

Why does that matter? My point is simply this. One can say they prefer a well done steak. And that's fine, of course, but basically they are saying they prefer their steak to be ruined.

It's the same with a blended margarita. You are willfully diluting your drink. Yes, unlike a well done steak, you can always make it stronger by adding more of everything but all that means is that you are fixing the mistake made by blending ice into it.

The fact that one is a somewhat fixable mistake and the other is not only matters if the person getting it didn't want it that way to begin with. Which, in both instances is not the case. The person ordering the well done steak wants his steak over cooked so doesn't care that he's stuck with it. Just as the person willfully diluting his cocktail with pureed ice doesn't care that he could ask the bartender to fix his "mistake".

Detlef, the mistake you are making is assuming that I *want* to taste the tequila. I don't. I want a tasty, frosty cold beverage to wash down my enchiladas with. Though, I readily agree that if I want to enjoy the taste of good liquor I'm not putting it in a blended drink. The entire appeal of the blended drink is that it camouflages the inferior flavor of cheap liquor.

i completely get it. another factor is portion size. is the person ordering a marg blended getting the same proportion of ingredients as the person ordering the same drink on the rocks? if so, the determining factor becomes how quickly the person drinking it on the rocks puts it down (ice melting).

or is that person getting the blended getting a little more tequilla (to assist melting the ice for blending)?

plus if you are making them at home you can add as much or little tequilla as you like.

:D

Wow. Talk about arguing some pointless sh!t. I don't know which is more wasteful you writing that much about it, or me reading what you wrote.

:wacko:

Wow. Talk about arguing some pointless sh!t. I don't know which is more wasteful you writing that much about it, or me reading what you wrote.

You're on a FANTASY FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD.

That's right there with frisbee golf and learning Klingon on the "useful" scale. :wacko:

Bullpoopy. A well done steak tastes like poopy. A frozen margarita tastes great.

Not everyone has to have a cocktail made from the top shelf and drink it with their pinkie sticking up. :wacko:

Bullpoopy. A well done steak tastes like poopy. A frozen margarita tastes great.

Not everyone has to have a cocktail made from the top shelf and drink it with their pinkie sticking up. :wacko:

My margaritas taste fantastic and the current TQ in my house is "Pepe Lopez."