[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Margarita Poll

DMD

The Margarita Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. A Margarita is

• Masculine - it has tequila for god's sake
    • Neutral - just a drink
    • Feminine - Fruit flavored and slushy - chick drink

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Margarita/rocks is a drink and is perfectly suitable to drink. Salt on the rim or not.

Frozen margarita is a girl's drink because you use a straw. No self respecting man drinks through a straw.

As for the glass it's in I had a guy the other night start whispering to me when he was ordering his drink, like even he didn't want to hear what he was saying...

"Can I have a Cosmo, but can you not put it in a gay glass?" (NTTAWWT)

"Ah, sure, what type of glass would you like?"

"Don't care, as long as it doesn't look like I'm on Sex and the City."

"Um, I've never seen the show, a little girlie for me, but if they drink 'em from a martini glass, then I can have the bartender put it in something else for you?"

"That would be great, anything but those other glasses."

"OK, I'll be right back."

Dude left me a big tip when he was done with his 4 non-gay-glass cosmos. That was a new one for me.

You're on a FANTASY FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD.

That's right there with frisbee golf and learning Klingon on the "useful" scale. :wacko:

:D

Wow. Talk about responding to some pointless sh!t. I don't know which is more wasteful ...you responding to my post or me writing it to begin with.

Margarita/rocks is a drink and is perfectly suitable to drink. Salt on the rim or not.

Frozen margarita is a girl's drink because you use a straw. No self respecting man drinks through a straw.

As for the glass it's in I had a guy the other night start whispering to me when he was ordering his drink, like even he didn't want to hear what he was saying...

"Can I have a Cosmo, but can you not put it in a gay glass?" (NTTAWWT)

"Ah, sure, what type of glass would you like?"

"Don't care, as long as it doesn't look like I'm on Sex and the City."

"Um, I've never seen the show, a little girlie for me, but if they drink 'em from a martini glass, then I can have the bartender put it in something else for you?"

"That would be great, anything but those other glasses."

"OK, I'll be right back."

Dude left me a big tip when he was done with his 4 non-gay-glass cosmos. That was a new one for me.

:wacko: He still may have had to explain the pink drink but the glass change helped

I could give a flip what people think. If I want a fruity drink, I'm ordering it with extra umbrellas.

+1. i've ordered a drink where one of the ingredients was orange sherbet. :wacko:

there was a place in college that had $1.50 margaritas. the joke was that it only took me 75 cents to get drunk.

Bullpoopy. A well done steak tastes like poopy. A frozen margarita tastes great.

Not everyone has to have a cocktail made from the top shelf and drink it with their pinkie sticking up. :wacko:

At what point did I mention you should use top shelf in a margarita? There's plenty of decent stuff out there. Now, of course, we sell the hell out of margaritas made with top shelf booze. Then again, we had a table order nothing but Grey Goose and Red Bull one night. It's your money.

That said, if you use rot gut, it's going to be a nasty drink. I typically use Sauza Blanco which is pretty much middle of the road. We also use Degallado Gold, which is pretty damned good for the money. Hornitos was mentioned earlier and I think is a fine choice. Well, it was a finer choice about 15 years ago when it didn't cost as much.

None the less, a well made margarita tastes great. A blended one tastes watered down. Bier's point about stretching your drink is totally valid. Though I'd simply suggest that you order a proper margarita and a glass of water on the side. Then you can actually enjoy a non-watered down drink while you're drinking it and drink water when you want water.

Once again, to each his own. It's just those that enjoy blended margaritas simply need to understand that they prefer an inferior drink. It's basically like saying you prefer Natty Light to something actually made from what beer is supposed to be made from and not cut with water. That's fine, and convenient for you because it's cheaper. But the fact remains, you prefer imitation beer to the real thing.

:wacko:

Quick little story - A bartender in Cozumel talked me into ordering some strange tropical drink and it came in one of those stupid plastic yards. It had this huge straw jutting out of it and the first thing I thought was "no self respecting man drinks through a straw" so I took the straw out and tried to drink it. The whole drink came flying out and went all over me.

So the moral of the story is yes, no self-respecting man should drink out of a straw unless said straw is specifically engineered for said glass. :D

I was a bartender at a Mexican restaurant for a time. Our top margarita was made with Cuervo 1800 and instead of putting Triple-sec in it, we served it with a shot of Grand Marnier. One day I had a group of rednecks come in and ask that instead of the shot of Grand Marnier, could they have a shot of Jack Daniels. Of course I obliged and I watched with amusement as they downed the shots and then drank the margaritas. :wacko:

:wacko:

Quick little story - A bartender in Cozumel talked me into ordering some strange tropical drink and it came in one of those stupid plastic yards. It had this huge straw jutting out of it and the first thing I thought was "no self respecting man drinks through a straw" so I took the straw out and tried to drink it. The whole drink came flying out and went all over me.

So the moral of the story is yes, no self-respecting man should drink out of a straw unless said straw is specifically engineered for said glass. :D

At what point did I mention you should use top shelf in a margarita? There's plenty of decent stuff out there. Now, of course, we sell the hell out of margaritas made with top shelf booze. Then again, we had a table order nothing but Grey Goose and Red Bull one night. It's your money.

[brakes screeching]

OK hold it right there. We all know you are the expert on all things... well all things... but this is "bullpoopy". As far as vodkas go, if you're going to drink it with Red Bull, more than likely you're out for the night and have the goal of getting torn up. And maybe it's just be, but I'm not gonna go putting swill alcohol into my drinks if I'm having an abundance. Yeah, it's my money, and for it I'll spend the extra dollar or whatever to ensure I'm not hung over the next day.

[brakes screeching]

OK hold it right there. We all know you are the expert on all things... well all things... but this is "bullpoopy". As far as vodkas go, if you're going to drink it with Red Bull, more than likely you're out for the night and have the goal of getting torn up. And maybe it's just be, but I'm not gonna go putting swill alcohol into my drinks if I'm having an abundance. Yeah, it's my money, and for it I'll spend the extra dollar or whatever to ensure I'm not hung over the next day.

Note to self: Apparently there are no grades between premium and total swill.

Smirnoff, Finlandia, hell Stoly apparently do not exist.

I've got my bottle of patron Silver for shots.

I've got the big bottle of Cuervo Gold for margaritas.... as well as the Grand Marnier for cadillacs.

I've got the bottle of Absolut for my friends to drink.

I've got the bottle of grey goose for my wife when I want to help the mood. :wacko:

And thank to the housewarming party this past weekend, I now also have a hugh bottle of Captain Morgan, the largst bottle of Gentleman jack I have ever seen and a bottle of Crown Royal, not to mention a ton of leftover beer and mike's hard lemonades and pear ciders for the ladies.

So... anyone up for a party?

:wacko::D

I can assure you that, if polled, a staggering majority of bartenders would agree with my assessment.

Needless to say, they should go ahead and keep that opinion to themselves when someone orders one but...

Edited by detlef

I can assure you that, if polled, a staggering majority of bartenders would agree with my assessment.

See, the thing is, I don't really care what bartenders think. I drink the occasional frozen margarita because I enjoy it Det. I don't not have one b/c bartenders or restaraunt owners or anyone else thinks it's a faux paux (sp.) They taste good, I enjoy them and they get you buzzed.

It's simple really.

:D I knew there was a reason I never ordered those. Think it was Cozumel I came close too, Senor Frogs, right at the end of the pier our cruise ship was docked.

And, this might be the exception that proves the rule. If you'd have just ordered a beer in the first place, none of that would ever have happened. :wacko:

I blew out my flip-flop

Stepped on a pop-top

Cut my heel had to cruise on back home

But theres booze in the blender

And soon it will render

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Nothing wrong with a marg(frozen or otherwise) particularly if you're on a beach somewhere warm overlooking the sea...

I blew out my flip-flop

Stepped on a pop-top

Cut my heel had to cruise on back home

But theres booze in the blender

And soon it will render

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Nothing wrong with a marg(frozen or otherwise) particularly if you're on a beach somewhere warm overlooking the sea...

Love me some Buffett. Just saw him in Indy last Tuesday.