[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unsubstantiated Rumor -- Favre to the Vikings

matt770

Per Jay Glazer, Fox Sports.

:wacko:

When I say nearly everyone I talked to on the team is convinced he's coming, that is not an exaggeration. People from all walks of life within the organization talk about it as if it's no secret, almost an afterthought.

"I'm telling you it's already done," said one Viking. "Right after the Indy game (first preseason game). I don't think anyone here doesn't think that."

I believe this to be all hype and media driven.

Right after Favre said he was staying retired, several players, Jared Allen being one, stated once camp started, it's over, he won't be welcome here after that. Childress is on record as saying the exact same thing.

3 days ago the Vikes had their first pre-season game and Sage starts the game 7 for 7. He finishes his portion of the game completing 10 of 13.

I see no reason for the team to be rethinking things all of the sudden.

I believe this to be all hype and media driven.

Exactly...

This isn’t going to go away

August 17th, 2009 – 8:35 AM by Judd Zulgad First off, let’s be very clear that what you are about to read is speculation. It’s not a news report, it’s one man’s opinion about something many of you likely grew tired of reading about months ago. Secondly, I actually gave thought to not even putting this on the blog but figured you were going to hear about it at some point today and decided it made no sense to withhold it from Access Vikings.

Thus, here we go (again). Jay Glazer of the Fox Sports website speculates, predicts, forecasts in his Glaze Across America reports that Brett Favre will be joining the Vikings in the next few weeks, or at least attempt to join the team in that time frame. (That cup of coffee that just got spit out belonged to Sage Rosenfels. Tarvaris Jackson simply rolled his eyes.)

No, this isn’t a joke, although Glazer is basing his information on a feeling he had after having conversations with those involved with the Vikings during his stop in Mankato a few weeks back.

Here’s what Glazer wrote: “Granted, my camp stop occurred before Sage Rosenfels lit up the Colts in the preseason opener to the tune of 10-of-13 passing for 91 yards. And if Rosenfels can continue like this, he could squash this prediction as the preseason continues.

“But until I see it more consistently, I’m absolutely convinced. Why? For starters, because everyone else on the Vikings seems to be convinced of the same thing. I mean damn near everybody! During my two days in Mankato, nearly everyone I talked to within the team talked about Favre joining not as an ‘if’ but rather a ‘when.’

“This is not one of those ‘FOXSports.com has learned …’ scoops. Instead, it’s a picture that has been painted for me and a prediction I’m making after spending my time with Zygi Wilf’s squad. My prediction couldn’t be more emphatic.”

What’s interesting is why the heck did it take Glazer so long to make this “prediction”? If you’re this sure of it, why not throw it out right away?

So to summarize, Glazer thinks Favre is going to play for the Vikings this season. There is no hard evidence this will happen but get used to this type of speculation. It’s going to continue until Favre either does play for the Vikings in 2009 or until the 2009 season ends with someone else at quarterback.

:wacko:

Didn't Rosenfels put up 10 pts and 91 yds on 10 for 13 passing in 1 quarter this past weekend - plus showed he is a vast improvement over Jackson? Unless he regresses, it seems like that is exactly what MIN is looking for at QB. Why screw the whole thing up with bringing in Favre?

Jay Glazer can give it a rest already.

Strike 1 was when he said that the Vikes should sign Vick and that the Vikes are looking at the wrong QB when they were looking at Favre.

Strike 2 is Glazed over now says that the Vikes are still looking at Favre and he will be a Viking this season.

Childress said that he wasn't going to consider him anymore after he said that he was going to stay retired. I heard Jared Allen speak on the radio that if he's not in camp, than he won't we welcomed after everyone else was in camp preparing for the season.

Favre is retired and Elvis is dead. Deal with it.

There's a point of no return and the Vikes are past that point.

Edited by MikesVikes

Glazer is in the Packers' back pocket and was on a golf outing last year right before the Favre/Lion's story broke.

He's probably trying to dredge up more attention for himself. He's also been known to be the biggest source of Favre Fodder.

Have you noticed that Favre hasn't put any of this out there? It is the media's fault. Maybe people need to look at the whole scenerio since last year...media seems to be the biggest cause for all the rumor, hoopla, and distraction. Maybe the media was the real cause of GB's downfall last year and not the Favre-Circus as quoted by Glazer's Fox colleague Marvez.

**The Pack looked good in their first Pre-Season game. That is a good sign even though it was the Browns. Let's see what they do against a legitimate NFL team.

As much as I'd like to see Favre play again, I think he needs to stay retired.

Report: Favre on plane heading to Minnesota

Views

Comments

* Posted by:

Dominic Bonvissuto

* 11:09 AM ET 08.18

Brett-favre

Brett Favre :: AP

The Minnesota Vikings' flirtation with Brett Favre is not over. From WISN.com:

According to the Hattiesburg Laurel Regional Airport, a plane with a Vikings logo on the tail left Mississippi within the hour and was headed to Minneapolis.

The administrative office at the airport told WISN 12 News that Brett and Deanna Favre were on the plane.

Favre had announced three weeks ago that he was staying retired, but there was a lot of speculation that it might not really be the end.

• Report: Brett, Deanna Favre Get On Vikings Plane (WISN.com)

:D sounds like a done deal. hahaha, you all got glazed.

:wacko: He hasn't signed yet... :D

I really don't know what to think. I haven't decided until I see him play. I don't think he will be mediocre, it will either be lights out or he will take this team down.

I really don't know what to think. I haven't decided until I see him play. I don't think he will be mediocre, it will either be lights out or he will take this team down.

True. He could fail the physical and then look to drag this out and sign mid-season or something. :D

I predict he throws more picks than TDs, ends his career in embarrassment, and Childress gets canned by season's end.