[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR redraft league..is RB RB the way to go?

LogDog

Hi everyone,

We have a 10 owner redraft league. We start QB, RB RB, WR WR, TE, K, D

1pt/20yds passing, 1pt,10yds rush/rec, 1pt PPR.

I always have gone RB RB, but i'm wondering if this is the year to go a different direction. Possibly grabbing a top WR early.

Or maybe even grabbing Witten earlier than usual because we must start a TE.

I'm just looking for some advice/opinions. Thanks.

I'd rather have Gates but that's just me.

Where do you pick?

I'm not to sure about that ,,, Gates is so last week and Witten maybe so yesterday

grab a stud WR and wait until the later rounds 8 or early 9 depending on where your drafting and grab that young kid from Seattle ( Carlson )

even though it it a TE must league you still can only start one so it's best to load up with the positions you are starting 3 or 4 at.

believe me you will be happy you have the depth once bye weeks and injuries start to come around

I'm not to sure about that ,,, Gates is so last week and Witten maybe so yesterday

grab a stud WR and wait until the later rounds 8 or early 9 depending on where your drafting and grab that young kid from Seattle ( Carlson )

even though it it a TE must league you still can only start one so it's best to load up with the positions you are starting 3 or 4 at.

believe me you will be happy you have the depth once bye weeks and injuries start to come around

I was'nt implying that he should grab a TE early, just that I'd rather have Gates than Witten

Well, if you consider the top 20 players in the draft to be RBs, then you have the answer to your question.

Otherwise it might be prudent to wait until its your turn to pick before making the determination.

if you are drafting in the 9 or 10th spot and you are the first to grab a WR then I would wr/wr only if you can get Fitz, AJ and/or Moss. Otherwise I would go RB/WR or WR/RB. I think you can get Grant, K.Smith Brandon jacobs eg. in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I think those 3 WRs are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of less risk. I personally hoping to get the 10th pick in one of my drafts just to take Fitz and AJ. I think there is more upside in the lower RBs then WRs. this year. I just don't see a great breakout in the lower WRs this year. I know there will be a least 3 that will end up in the top 15 I just have a feel for which ones.

I always have gone RB RB, but i'm wondering if this is the year to go a different direction. Possibly grabbing a top WR early.

The year to stop going RB/RB was probably started about 1998 when Randy Moss came into the league.

Ever since he set foot in the NFL I think I have gone at least 50% of my drafts WR/WR. 25% have been WR/RB. 15% RB/WR and the other 10% RB/RB.

RB/RB is like a dinasour now a days.

I'm just looking for some advice/opinions. Thanks.

It's really hard to give advice without knowing your draft position or line up requirements and flex possibilities. But in most formats, getting 2 RBs with your first 3 picks is common. Getting 2 RBs in your first 4 picks almost always a good idea.

Here is a sample of what most people do in the first 3 rounds.

2 RB's, 1 WR

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR

1 RB, 2 WR's

1 QB, 2 RB's

Which of these 4 players would you be most concerned with not knowing the exact players only their concept ?

Answer : If they go with 1 RB and 2 WR's with their 1st 3 picks take note and watch them carefully. They have definitely figured out one of the secrets of the draft and are a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by Henry Muto

The year to stop going RB/RB was probably started about 1998 when Randy Moss came into the league.

Ever since he set foot in the NFL I think I have gone at least 50% of my drafts WR/WR. 25% have been WR/RB. 15% RB/WR and the other 10% RB/RB.

RB/RB is like a dinasour now a days.

I disagree...

one thing I never do is go into the draft saying "I'm going to draft this position 1st, that position 2nd...such and such position 3rd etc. etc."

I take what the draft gives me.....and if I see value at a certain spot early, then I take it....

I refuse to force anything unless it's a run on a certain position.....and if I can get a stud in almost every position, then yeah....

but whether you go RB or WR early, you'll most likely sacrifice a stud in both departments.....so I rather focus on getting a stud TE to go with them and that seems to be the difference maker...

I disagree...

one thing I never do is go into the draft saying "I'm going to draft this position 1st, that position 2nd...such and such position 3rd etc. etc."

I take what the draft gives me.....and if I see value at a certain spot early, then I take it....

I refuse to force anything unless it's a run on a certain position.....and if I can get a stud in almost every position, then yeah....

but whether you go RB or WR early, you'll most likely sacrifice a stud in both departments.....so I rather focus on getting a stud TE to go with them and that seems to be the difference maker...

on a serious note with regards to what I bolded above...I like to DICTATE the draft so if I feel like I am taking what the draft gives me then I feel like the draft is beating me.

on a serious note with regards to what I bolded above...I like to DICTATE the draft so if I feel like I am taking what the draft gives me then I feel like the draft is beating me.

that depends on how you look at it....

I see what everyone else is doing and based on that, I make my move...

if everyone is taking a run on a certain position and I don't see the player I really want, then I go elsewhere on the fly....

I tend to agree with Avernus, I like to see what the draft brings me and zag where others are zigging.

I haven't played in a 10 team league in 5 years but, as I recall, all the teams looked pretty stacked. With your line-up requirements of 2RB and 2WR I would take the BPA RB/WR through the 1st four rounds. Not knowing where you are drafting from it is hard to give you advice as to which positions to take.

I will add that I would not look for a QB/TE until after the fourth at the earliest. IMHO!

Just my 2cents. Good Luck!