[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Directv Problems

jaxfactor

I can't figure this out. Every station is coming in clear as a bell except ESPN. Now when I go to the back room and turn on my other TV, which is hooked up to the same dish, it's fine. Could one of the cables be bad? Anyone ever have this problem. It's frustrating . :wacko:

I have the same problem, not getting ESPN or Comedy Central on just one box, resetting it does not help. Called customer service, they can't figure it out and scheduled a tech to come out.

You have to pay for that tech?

You have to pay for that tech?

If you have the DTV Monthly protection plan for $5.99 a month, then you don't have to pay squat for a tech to come out or for them to fix whatever is wrong. If you don't have the plan just call, add it and then call for a tech to come out.

Edited by irish

Yep couldn't agree more, we had a wind gust move our dish. I tried to fix it myself, wasn't a good idea. Well worth the 5 bucks a month.

But to answer your question, we had a similar issue and it had to do with the connectors we were using. Well that is what they told me anyway. They changed out a splice connector with something they had and we haven't had an issue since.

Yep couldn't agree more, we had a wind gust move our dish. I tried to fix it myself, wasn't a good idea. Well worth the 5 bucks a month.

But to answer your question, we had a similar issue and it had to do with the connectors we were using. Well that is what they told me anyway. They changed out a splice connector with something they had and we haven't had an issue since.

The connectors are actually where the most signal is lost. They should use good quality snap-on type connectors. Anybody using the old twist-on F connectors are losing signal and it can lead to ghosting and all kinds of problems. I've done the "limited" protection plan before with my cable company. I just sign up for the plan and then call the next day to have someone come out and look at our system. A month or two later, I'll call and cancel the plan.

The connectors are actually where the most signal is lost. They should use good quality snap-on type connectors. Anybody using the old twist-on F connectors are losing signal and it can lead to ghosting and all kinds of problems. I've done the "limited" protection plan before with my cable company. I just sign up for the plan and then call the next day to have someone come out and look at our system. A month or two later, I'll call and cancel the plan.

I believe with DirecTV you must sign up for their protection plan for 1 year...you can't sign up then cancel right away without being charged for the entire year anyway.

I just had to have my dish adjusted a week ago and the tech gal told me there'd be a $50 service call charge since I had not signed up for the protection plan and offered to sign me up for the protection plan to avoid the charge...I basically read her the riot act about being a valuable customer for 7 years now and why should I have to pay for a service call...blah...blah...blah...she then was able to request a "one time" fee waiver for me....although I have never paid for a service call and they have come out at least once a year for several years now. Just burns my hide to be "leasing" their equipment at $5/box or $10 for the HD box and then have something happen to an item I don't own anyway and then get charged to fix the equipment that I do not own. If you raise a stink you'll get the service for free...you can always remind them there is always cable of Dish Network as an option and there'd be no charges for you switching to them etc - they will get the picture (no pun intended).

KO'd