[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panther schedule

Largent

watching Dwill carve up the Giants in the 1st Q tonight made me take a closer look at entire schedule. Frirst glance, not as bad as I've read everywhere IMO. SOS can be misleading at times given the changes in team D's year to year. Weeks 6-10 look good.

PHI - ok, not bad/not great but does Portis/Barber get knocked down 4 times each season? Dawkins runs support will be missed, as well as JJ

@ATL- not bad

@DAL - so-so, lots of qb pressure

BYE

WAS - see Westbrook last season.

@TB - not the same

BUF - not bad

@ARI - not bad

@NO - nice

ATL - see above

MIA - so-so, under-rated.

@NYJ - Jenkins still playing by now?

TB - see above

@NE - cold - ground game, not bad

MIN - not good

@NYG - looked good tonight.

Any thoughts? I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking him. I'm in a 10 team keeper and based on who's being kept my options in the 3rd slot are

LT/Sjax/Gore/Slaton and Dwill at RB, WR's Moss/Fitz and Brees/Brady. Non PPR....

The o-line is stud-like and intact from last year + Delhomme is not going to win games himself + elite talent = top 5

Edited by Largent

his schedule is really not that bad....

the Eagles run D is going to be average.....it's the pass D that will be the strength here...

the skins should shut him down as could the Patriots....

but also remember that it is still pre-season....take what you see with a grain of salt..

I don't get the lack of enthusiasm for DWill at all. We were all questioning the lack of opportunity for him a the last few seasons and he finally gets the chance and explodes. Seems many of us should be patting ourselves on the back for being right about him rather than trying to figure out why he won't produce this season.

At let us not forget Week 16 last year at NYG in a game both teams had to have he scored 4 freaking TD's against that awesome DF.

Also he actually scored 20 TD's in only 12 games last year he did nothing the 1st 4 weeks.

His ADP is between 8 and 11 and I think that is nuts.

I would consider him around the 4-5 slot.

I know the reason most are down on him is Stewart taking away touches but Stewart always seems to be hurt.

a lot of people, including experts, don't want to be "that guy" that takes a high pick on the FFMVP that came from nowhere last year. It's understandable....looking at the facts as we know them : Fox loves his vets. The o-line is top 2 or 3. He's 24 and was a top pick just 3yrs ago.

Watching him play remind me of the LT from 2003-2006. Stewart will play a complemtary role until he gets himself 100% healthy....wont be this year.

His ADP is between 8 and 11 and I think that is nuts.

In the BOTH "The BcS League," (draft started last week) I'm (Knights) sitting at #2.08 and 2.06 is on the clock. DWill was still there! I traded up to snag him and set my backfield with Forte and DWill. This is an IDP league, but to that point, NO IDP's had been taken...It's uncanny how this guy is falling and I do not understand it at all.

1.01 1. THEEOhiostate Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Thu Aug 6 4:52:01 p.m. ET 2009

1.02 2. Nittanies Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Thu Aug 6 10:50:30 p.m. ET 2009

1.03 3. Dallas Sooners Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB Fri Aug 7 12:35:45 p.m. ET 2009

1.04 4. budlitebrad Jackson, Steven STL RB Fri Aug 7 1:34:31 p.m. ET 2009

1.05 5. Knights Forte, Matt CHI RB Fri Aug 7 1:34:31 p.m. ET 2009

1.06 6. BongHorns Turner, Michael ATL RB Fri Aug 7 9:29:32 p.m. ET 2009

1.07 7. Maize and Blue Johnson, Chris TEN RB Mon Aug 10 10:59:34 a.m. ET 2009

1.08 8. Stoops Troops Gore, Frank SFO RB Mon Aug 10 11:58:14 a.m. ET 2009

1.09 9. The Great Cheese Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Aug 10 2:38:17 p.m. ET 2009

1.10 10. Geaux Tigers Moss, Randy NEP WR Mon Aug 10 2:38:17 p.m. ET 2009

1.11 11. BOZooka Bobs Johnson, Andre HOU WR Mon Aug 10 2:40:28 p.m. ET 2009

1.12 12. cincy slammers Johnson, Calvin DET WR Mon Aug 10 3:14:16 p.m. ET 2009

2.01 13. cincy slammers Portis, Clinton WAS RB Mon Aug 10 3:17:33 p.m. ET 2009

2.02 14. BOZooka Bobs Brady, Tom NEP QB Mon Aug 10 3:26:27 p.m. ET 2009

2.03 15. Geaux Tigers Brees, Drew NOS QB Mon Aug 10 4:58:53 p.m. ET 2009

2.04 16. The Great Cheese Wayne, Reggie IND WR Mon Aug 10 5:12:57 p.m. ET 2009

2.05 17. Stoops Troops Barber, Marion DAL RB Mon Aug 10 6:03:14 p.m. ET 2009

2.06 18. Knights Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB Tue Aug 11 9:20:56 a.m. ET 2009

After watching him play last night, I moved him up.

He looks real good and very explosive. Like he could take it to the house on every play.

If he falls outside the top 7 I think it is crazy IMO. PPR or not. He looks that good.

And again Stewart is hurt. PLUS didn't Stewart have 10 TD's last season and DWill was still great?

Even if Stewart is good DWill can still be great.

Fortunately, for the J Stewart argument, the Panthers are running the ball over 30 times/game. As long as both Williams & Stewart is healthy, Williams will get 60% of those carries (15+/game). If you had to pick one RB to get hurt first, most of you would assume Stewart would miss the most games due to injury. The scare for Williams is if Stewart stays healthy, then you may have reached when you coulda had LT, Moss etc.

And again Stewart is hurt. PLUS didn't Stewart have 10 TD's last season and DWill was still great?

Yeah but the other side of that is it's dumb to chase last year and it's extremely unlikely for any RB to repeat what he did or even come close. Plus everything just clicked last year and if Wms is truly so great why did it take this long to break out? Sure wasn't Foster's amazing production. Also Delhomme looks like poop and people will be playing to stuff the run big time.

Not saying how much I do or don't like Wms this year, just that that's why I think people are hesitant. He's done it only one year when he had several others he couldn't.

1. Who is chasing last year? If I were I'd say top 3. I said top 7.

2. Disagree totally on DWill's lack of production in years past. The HC didn't give the guy a shot until last year. That is the deal there. Not that DWill got the shot and failed. At least that's my take.

Fortunately, for the J Stewart argument, the Panthers are running the ball over 30 times/game.

That is what happens when you have a QB that sucks. I would fear a Steve Smith beatdown at some point in the season if Delhomme continues to play like he did in the 2nd half of the season last year including that fiacole in the playoffs.