[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess they will try to trade Tarvaris for a 2nd day draft pick in 2010. I think that there are plenty of other teams that are thin enough at QB that would give up a late pick for him.

I wonder what teams might be interested in Tarvaris as a backup (let's not kid ourselves - he isn't starter material):

Bengals? (We saw how bad they were without Carson)

Jaguars? (Garrard isn't lighting the world on fire these days)

Bills? (If QB2's name is Ryan Fitzpatrick, you get on this list)

After this fiasco, how can any Vikings fan actually retain a shred of respect for the team?

With the QB's they have, and with the rest of the team being as good as it is, I have plenty of respect for them pulling the trigger on this, and NOT worrying about the fallout IF things don't work out. I have more respect for them trying to take a shot for once rather than making some kind of BS stance. I'm sick of rooting for a 2nd rate mentality franchise that won't take the last step to try to WIN. It may not work out, but it might. And that's what it's all about, from a fan's perspective, I think.

With the QB's they have, and with the rest of the team being as good as it is, I have plenty of respect for them pulling the trigger on this, and NOT worrying about the fallout IF things don't work out. I have more respect for them trying to take a shot for once rather than making some kind of BS stance. I'm sick of rooting for a 2nd rate mentality franchise that won't take the last step to try to WIN. It may not work out, but it might. And that's what it's all about, from a fan's perspective, I think.

Is it worth lying to your players? Lying to the other 52 guys in the locker room isn't going to go over well. The potential for rifts between the team just went up big time. I also think Childress probably lost a few players with the favre antics. How can any player believe anything he or the management tells them?

+1

I like the aggression but I would rather they had thrown the farm to land Cutler. I hope they continue to be aggressive and grab a franchise QB next year early in the draft.

Childress's last gasp to save his job . . . roll his dice with an injured 39 year old that was a divisive force in the Jets locker room last year and doesnt know when to admit he cant make the right throws anymore.

He has a tear in his rotator cuff. Yep, I am sure that will do wonders for his deep throws to Berrian.

All the NFC North defenses go up a notch with two guaranteed INTs every matchup . . .

I would also take Sage now versus Favre now . . . but we will wait and see how the season goes . .

I hope they continue to be aggressive and grab a franchise QB next year early in the draft.

Didn't Favre sign a two year deal? If so, you're not allowed to draft a rookie qb early. You don't want to hurt Lord favre's ego.

Childress's last gasp to save his job . . . roll his dice with an injured 39 year old that was a divisive force in the Jets locker room last year and doesnt know when to admit he cant make the right throws anymore.

He has a tear in his rotator cuff. Yep, I am sure that will do wonders for his deep throws to Berrian.

All the NFC North defenses go up a notch with two guaranteed INTs every matchup . . .

I would also take Sage now versus Favre now . . . but we will wait and see how the season goes . .

His shoulder was fixed with off season surgery. As much as I dislike Favre, you are selling him short. I think he has a solid chance at leading the league in INT's, but throwing 32 isn't going to happen.

Is it worth lying to your players? Lying to the other 52 guys in the locker room isn't going to go over well. The potential for rifts between the team just went up big time. I also think Childress probably lost a few players with the favre antics. How can any player believe anything he or the management tells them?

I understand that concern, but seriously, how do you know for sure WHAT went on behind the scenes. There were players talking that they knew it was happening, and most probably halfway expected it. You don't know that he lied to anyone, and he really didn't say anything like Favre will never ever be here, or anything like that. He pretty much just said, we're good to go with what we have, which is what he would say.

I'd say down deep that most players on the team have respect for them pulling the trigger on this. It might make the team better, and that is probably more important to players than anything, don't you think?

Maybe we'll know more after the news conference.

Star Tribune Blog

Rosenfels, Jackson react to Favre signing

August 18th, 2009 – 4:29 PM by Judd Zulgad

How different were things at the Vikings’ first practice with Brett Favre today at Winter Park? Well, consider that in addition to all of the media members who showed up, I saw two Eden Prairie police officers and a media consultant the team employs was going around the field afterward monitoring interviews and trying to help players give the correct answers. Safe to say this is no ordinary day.

As we await the 5 p.m. Favre news conference, here is reaction from both Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson. So much for that quarterback battle.

Sage Rosenfels

Q. What were your feelings when you found out?

A. ”It’s something that wasn’t a total shock. Obviously this has been three months in the ongoing sort of thing. So for me personally this wasn’t what I was hoping for. I tried to get traded here and got traded here. But in my nine years this is the best football team I’ve ever been on. We have so much talent. If the team needs this year, when the team needs me this year, I’m going to be ready. I’m going to play playoff caliber football for this team if the team needs me. I’m going to keep working as if I was the anointed starter. So from that perspective my work ethic, my attitude is not going to change.”

Q. How tough was it to think this was done and now three weeks later that isn’t the case?

A. “It seemed like it [was over]. But obviously that wasn’t the case. So it obviously didn’t work out that way. But I was excited to get out there the other night and thought I played pretty well. I thought that I really have a good grasp for this offense, it’s sort of come naturally to me obviously the last few weeks. I think you guys have noticed that and so I’m just going to keep working. Keep working, stay ready, stay focused and be ready when this team needs me. Because there are so many good guys on this team, good players on this team that for some reason if the team needs me and I wasn’t ready it would be a disservice to all those guys and to myself. So, I’m going to get ready to play, as I said, playoff caliber football for this team if the team needs me.”

Q. Are you going to stay here or try to get out?

A. “I don’t know. I haven’t really thought about that. I’m just trying to get my ankle fixed right now. It’s feeling pretty good for the most part but just trying to get that right. I haven’t even really thought about that stuff.”

Tarvaris Jackson

Q. What was your reaction?

A. “I really don’t have a reaction. I’m just taking it day by day right now. I just came out here trying to get ready for the game Friday.”

Q. Were your blindsided by this?

A. ”We knew all along that this was a possibility. You can’t always believe what you hear especially on TV. There’s really not too much to say about it right now. Right now I’m just trying to get ready for this preseason game.

Q. There was a previous report that if Favre came here you would want out?

A. “I heard about that. I never said that. I never said anything like that at all.”