[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LIVE SOFA Pro League Draft

WJW

yeah, it is back up for me too....how long is the pick timer?

Didn't have one, figuring we're "experts" we shouldn't need one. But the delay knocked a couple folks off and they haven't made it back yet. The hope is to finish tonight.

2V

Despite a couple hiccups with the live draft room, we knocked out the SOFA Ten draft this evening. The Huddle picked out of the 10 spot in the 10-team league. Link to the draft room is above, here's the team I came away with (WCOFF scoring):

QBs - Hasselbeck, Cutler

RBs - Gore, Rice, Addai, D. Brown, L. White, McGahee, Coffee

WRs - Moss, Bowe, Housh, Breaston, L. Robinson

TEs - Gates, Shiancoe

K - Kaeding

D/ST - Eagles

Despite a couple hiccups with the live draft room, we knocked out the SOFA Ten draft this evening. The Huddle picked out of the 10 spot in the 10-team league. Link to the draft room is above, here's the team I came away with (WCOFF scoring):

QBs - Hasselbeck, Cutler

TEs - Gates, Shiancoe

K - Kaeding

D/ST - Eagles

Nice job :wacko:

QBs - Hasselbeck, Cutler

TEs - Gates, Shiancoe

K - Kaeding

D/ST - Eagles

Hey J2V,

I would love to know your thought process on picking Gore over Turner in the first round. I'm just amazed that Turner dropped so far. I really think you came away with a great team. At first I was panicking a bit when you waited so long on a 2nd RB but now see your draft strategy.

Hey J2V,

I would love to know your thought process on picking Gore over Turner in the first round. I'm just amazed that Turner dropped so far. I really think you came away with a great team. At first I was panicking a bit when you waited so long on a 2nd RB but now see your draft strategy.

i wont speak for J2V but take a look at these projections:

Turner 1480 rushing yards 15 rush TDs, 8 catches 50 recv yards=148.00+90+8+.5=251 fantasy points

Gore 1230 rushing yards 8 rush TDs, 55 catches, 450 recv yards, 1 recv TD=123.0+48+55+45.0=271 fantasy points

then you have to ask yourself how much upside and downside do each have...to me Turner doesnt have much more upside then what you see projected and a downside could be 200 less yards...while Gore probably has upside in that he could see double digit TDs and a downside of maybe 100ish less in rushing yards....PPR really takes its toll on Turner, imo

i wont speak for J2V but take a look at these projections:

Turner 1480 rushing yards 15 rush TDs, 8 catches 50 recv yards=148.00+90+8+.5=251 fantasy points

Gore 1230 rushing yards 8 rush TDs, 55 catches, 450 recv yards, 1 recv TD=123.0+48+55+45.0=271 fantasy points

then you have to ask yourself how much upside and downside do each have...to me Turner doesnt have much more upside then what you see projected and a downside could be 200 less yards...while Gore probably has upside in that he could see double digit TDs and a downside of maybe 100ish less in rushing yards....PPR really takes its toll on Turner, imo

Great value in Rice and Cutler where you got them. Cutler in the 12th was very nice. A little curious about the Gore pick as well but this makes sense in a PPR. The handcuff with Rice was a nice move and a healthy Gates is the #1 TE. Overall nice job!

Edited by NAUgrad

Great value in Rice and Cutler where you got them. Cutler in the 12th was very nice. A little curious about the Gore pick as well but this makes sense in a PPR. The handcuff with Rice was a nice move and a healthy Gates is the #1 TE. Overall nice job!

J2V was doing the drafting, not me

Hey J2V,

I'm a little more down on Turner than most; a combination of the option of Gonzo at the goal line taking away some TDs and a tougher schedule didn't help, plus the fact that this is a PPR league. And I see some upside to Gore's offensive line, at least as a run-blocking unit. It's not the common move, I'm aware, but in a PPR I was happy to have Gore fall to me there.

2V

I really like Rice this year, and the pick of McGahee takes away plenty of risk. No team ran more than the Ravens last year (37 times per game), and if McClain is strictly a fullback this year (zero touches in the first preseason game despite a fourth-and-one and a first-and-goal from the three) that's easily enough to make Rice a worthy fantasy starter—and that's before you figure in three-plus catches per game as well.

I'm not super-high on Cutler, but where he went in this draft was too good of a value to pass up. Operating under the "last to take a QB1, first to take a QB2" plan I was hoping for a Hasselbeck/Palmer tandem, but Palmer got picked a couple spots before. Cutler isn't a bad fallback plan.

Overall I was pleased with the way this team shook down, especially starting three WRs and a flex. I should win consistently at 2/3 or 3/3 receiver spots and TE, play matchups with the QBs, and between Gore, White, the Colts backs and the Ravens backs find two worthy RB starters (and a flex, factoring in Breaston and Shiancoe, who I think is a borderline top-five tight end with Favre at the helm).

2V

I like gore/moss. not crazy about the bowe pick, but man, you pulled in some nice RB value later in the draft. like the QBs too for where you got them. should be a very good team.

It's taken me a little while to come around on Bowe's value this year, but it's clear the Chiefs will go out of their way to get him the ball so in a PPR he'll have value. The RB pool to me seems deeper than in past years, probably because of RBBC and with a little boost from PPR: you can get helpers later if you go with WRs earlier; you just need a little luck for the draft to fall your way (read: few or zero similar thinkers also looking to mine RBs in that range).