[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Berthiaume is the best sportscenter anchor

Down Goes Frazia

we all watch the show & all have our favs over the years, but right now Steve Berthiaume tops my list. thumbs_u

Every time I hear him call a HR in a baseball highlight it cracks me up.

coach "Say hello to my 'lil friend." - ala Pacino in Scarface, I believe ? shrug

So sick of Stu Scott & the boo-yeah crap. :D Any others you like ? Steve Levy would be a close 2nd. on my list especially calling hockey highlights.

Down Goes Frazia:

forgot to give props to the Seattle connection in Bristol. Linda Cohn & maybe the funniest anchor ever Kenny Mayne. take_a_b    Don't see him too often anymore on sportcenter, but the special pieces he does from time to time are hilarious. lol

He's tall

Sorry, but can't agree with you on Linda Cohn thumbs_d . I switch the channel or turn the tube off whenever she shows up.

Cordo:

Down Goes Frazia:

forgot to give props to the Seattle connection in Bristol. Linda Cohn & maybe the funniest anchor ever Kenny Mayne.    take_a_b  Don't see him too often anymore on sportcenter, but the special pieces he does from time to time are hilarious.    lol   

He's tall

Sorry, but can't agree with you on Linda Cohn thumbs_d . I switch the channel or turn the tube off whenever she shows up. just mentioning she was from Seattle..... the props were to Mayne. thumbs_u

you are correct on the Scarface reference.

I thought the Olberman/Patrick combo was great when they were together for SC on Sunday nights. KO made a big mistake by leaving. Trying to be funny on MSNBC ain't happenin'.

Stu Scott is on right now and I was contemplating posting a thread about how overrated he is as a broadcaster. I've only been broadcasting for about a year now and I hold myself to higher standards of the English language than he does.

Steve Berthiaume (?) is definitely near the top, almost completely due to his excellent "Scarface" Tony Montana impersonation. It never gets old. What makes it even funnier is when my wife is watching SC with me and he says it -- she follows it with her own impersonation, which sounds a lot more like Andy Kaufman than Al Pacino. lol lol The first time was an honest attempt, but now she just does it for my amusement.

I think my overall personal favorite anchor is John Anderson. I like his clever, subtle sense of humor. It's priceless when me makes light jokes at the expense of the athletes he's interviewing and they don't even pick up on it. He's a natural.

Kenny Mayne is the man. Outrageously funny. jester

I enjoy John Anderson and Suzy Kolber as well. thumbs_u

I don't have strong feelings either way about Stu Scott or Linda Cohn. shrug

The one who I can't stand anymore is Dan Patrick. His attitude annoys the **** out of me. thumbs_d

Sorry to say I can't stand Kenny Mayne. What a waste of space.

Don't like Linda Cohn either.

Stu Scott has gotten overblown, but you have to admit "cool as the other side of the pillow" is as good as it gets. Besides, gotta show love for my Tar Heel brethren.

Rich Eisen always play a good straight man to whomever.

Patrick and Olberman were definately the dynamic duo.

Squeegiebo:

The one who I can't stand anymore is Dan Patrick.  His attitude annoys the **** out of me.      thumbs_d 

I'm split on DP. Agree that the on-screen TV attitude is annoying as he!! thumbs_d , but love the radio show with Dibs and Showkiller thumbs_u . My co-workers can count on a daily laughing fit coming from my cubicle sometime between noon and 3pm.

Someone above mentioned Olberman -- anyone watch "Countdown" on MSNBC ? Olberman's somewhat satirical view of the daily news, with odd pieces and sometimes off the wall interviews. If you're a KO fan, check it out sometime.

I had to revisit this thread after watching Berthiaume on SportsCenter yesterday.

He tried using the "Scarface" quote as Andy Roddick blasted an ace by some guy in the French open. Obviously, he had to try say it MUCH faster than he usually does and he didn't even finish it before the tennis ball had flown off the screen.

I have a feeling you would have to see it to find the humor, but it was hilarious. lol

Swiss Cheezhead:

I had to revisit this thread after watching Berthiaume on SportsCenter yesterday.

He tried using the "Scarface" quote as Andy Roddick blasted an ace by some guy in the French open. Obviously, he had to try say it MUCH faster than he usually does and he didn't even finish it before the tennis ball had flown off the screen.

I have a feeling you would have to see it to find the humor, but it was hilarious.    lol 

saw it thumbs_u .... agreed hilarious. lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VoteQuimby
Squeegiebo:

The one who I can't stand anymore is Dan Patrick.  His attitude annoys the **** out of me.      thumbs_d 

I have to agree. He acts like he is asking the tough questions but comes off as an ***. Not a fan. thumbs_d

I like Steve Berthiaume and of course NEIL!! Neil is my favorite. I can not stand Stuart Scott. He annoys me to no end. I turn down the sound when he is on. I don't need to listen to his voice. I can see the highlights for myself.