[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need help in a keeper lg

jarhead

if you wouldn't mind, please give a good reason why you would keep the player you choose.......

Kevin Smith (Det-RB)

Larry Johnson (KC - RB)

Julius Jones (Sea - RB)

Dominic Rhodes (Buf )

Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)

Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)

Lorenzo Booker (Phi - RB)

DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

Deion Branch (Sea - WR)

Donnie Avery (StL - WR)

Chris Chambers (SD - WR)

Laveranues Coles (Cin - WR)

Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)

Tyler Thigpen (KC - QB)

I'm leaning towards Gonzalez, Addai, or Desean Jackson

What do U think????

What Big Country said....also, what round did you pick all these in....for example

If you got kevin smith in like round 8 or lower last year like most people, then I think he is a no-brainer.

Joseph Addai is always hurt, and despite how good reports are of him this off-season, Donald Brown is the man in Indy, they're already on a 60-40 timeshare, and before week 8 Brown will be carrying the load I think.

While Jackson is a nice receiver, it all depends on what type of league you're in(ppr-no,standard-depends what round you got him), as there are plenty of capable wideouts.

Gonzalez don't even think about it, odds are you picked him in the 4-6 round range last year, where this year there are plenty of decent tight ends who you can bargain with and still receive better value in that round range for running backs/wideouts

Hope this helps

What Big Country said....also, what round did you pick all these in....for example

If you got kevin smith in like round 8 or lower last year like most people, then I think he is a no-brainer.

Joseph Addai is always hurt, and despite how good reports are of him this off-season, Donald Brown is the man in Indy, they're already on a 60-40 timeshare, and before week 8 Brown will be carrying the load I think.

While Jackson is a nice receiver, it all depends on what type of league you're in(ppr-no,standard-depends what round you got him), as there are plenty of capable wideouts.

Gonzalez don't even think about it, odds are you picked him in the 4-6 round range last year, where this year there are plenty of decent tight ends who you can bargain with and still receive better value in that round range for running backs/wideouts

Hope this helps

Bolded part only relevant if he gives up said pick to keep the player. Add that to the questions jarhead.. any cost associated with keeping a player?

Answers to all of the above affect the advice

Yeah I didn't even take that into account since usually in most keeper leagues, 99% of the ones I've heard of atleast, you have to swap that pick with the player you choose to keep. good point though

More leagues are fixed number of keepers as it is simpler. Once you add in swapping out picks for keepers or x number of rounds above where they were drafted, it complicates things and peoples heads start to hurt.

Edited by Big Country

oops sorry i forgot that info........

I have the 1st pick in the draft

This is a QB favored scoring system being we get 1 pt per comp

toss up between Peyton or Brees

Brees was #1 scorer in our lg last year......then Cutler, Warner and then P.Manning

Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 4 points at 400 yards

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point

Reception Yards 20 yards per point

Receptions 1

all TD's 6 pts

• 2 weeks later...
Bolded part only relevant if he gives up said pick to keep the player. Add that to the questions jarhead.. any cost associated with keeping a player?

Answers to all of the above affect the advice

No.....I alson have the 1st pick in the DRAFT

just found out,,,,,,,that changes EVERYTHING!!!!