[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Old Booze collection viewing tonight

whomper

I have a friend that knows a guy whose dad owned a liquor store in NYC for 50 years. The store has been closed for 20 years. The dad gave this guy a bunch of bottles that he had in his basement for years . 90% of them are unopened. The guy gave all of the bottles to a friend of mine and he told me to come by tonight and take whatever I want. I am pretty psyched to see what is there. Some of the bottles are 30 years old. I spoke with his wife and she said there was some scotch and some other mixer type stuff but she said there was a bunch of things.

The owner of the liquor store in town said depending on what it is it should be good still. She did say there was some wine too. Would unopened wine be good still ? I'll let you know tonight what was there.

I told her anything that was opened would not be good

Edited by whomper

FWIW...when we moved my Mom out of her house (circa 1985) she gave me some good booze. Some had corks, some were open, but the prize was a sealed bottle of ~1959 (yeah I'm guessing) Crown Royal! Sorry to say but the rot gut Royal you get today is just that...Rot Gut! This stuff was as smooth as a virgin's thighs but still had the punch that would get you in the same trouble! :wacko: My bud (cuz's hubby Larry, may he rest in peace) would play many hours of Pool with me. We'd do no more than 2 Shooters per session. That bottle lasted a few years. And its a memory I will never forget.

Bottom line, that crap they call Crown Royal today is crap. Go ahead and drink it w/ coke, it is nasty and doesn't deserve the name.

Well some of the stuff was mixers like white creme de menth etc but here is the list that they gave me that seemed interesting

Crawfords special reserve blended scotch whiskey

Barton Reserve kentucky whiskey

Mackintosh blended scotch whiskey

2 clan Mcgregor blended scotch whiskey

Jose' Pemartin sherry

Vat 69 blended scotch whiskey

Pinch- Mr Bostons blended whiskey This looked like a cool bottle

The one that seemed obscure like what pope had mentioned was this bottle called Lochan Ora. It was labelled as a liquor made from scotch whiskies and it was made by Chivas

Edited by whomper

FWIW...when we moved my Mom out of her house (circa 1985) she gave me some good booze. Some had corks, some were open, but the prize was a sealed bottle of ~1959 (yeah I'm guessing) Crown Royal! Sorry to say but the rot gut Royal you get today is just that...Rot Gut! This stuff was as smooth as a virgin's thighs but still had the punch that would get you in the same trouble! :D My bud (cuz's hubby Larry, may he rest in peace) would play many hours of Pool with me. We'd do no more than 2 Shooters per session. That bottle lasted a few years. And its a memory I will never forget.

Bottom line, that crap they call Crown Royal today is crap. Go ahead and drink it w/ coke, it is nasty and doesn't deserve the name.

I'm tellin Bunz you're braggin again :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
The one that seemed obscure like what pope had mentioned was this bottle called Lochan Ora. It was labelled as a liquor made from scotch whiskies and it was made by Chivas

http://www.artofdrink.com/2006/02/lochan-o...tch-liqueur.php

Cool! Anything that chivas itself doesn't have much info on certainly qualifies. Never heard of it.