[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only 5 waiver moves all season

mhorn

I'm in a league that allows only 5 waiver wire transactions over the course of the entire season. I'm trying to come up with the best draft strategy for this type of set up. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST, 1 IDP and then we have 9 bench spots. My biggest question is, should I draft a back up K, D/ST and IDP or do I go for one of each of them and use one of my 5 waiver moves during their bye weeks if I really need to win that game?

You should probably draft 2 PKs: target your main PK that has an early Bye Week. Use PK2 for said bye, then drop him to cover your D or IDP bye.

This, though I would draft either a backup K or D, not neccessarily a K.

I think I'd rather have the RB/WR depth already on my roster rather than get a backup K, D and IDP to drop after my main one's bye.

Play musical backup K and D for sure (so try to target different bye weeks for your main K and D), as for IDP, can add them in to the musical chair mix as well I suppose. Granted, that is 2 of your waiver moves locked up there, but you aren't going to have to drop a RB or WR that you may need for depth to secure a backup.

This, though I would draft either a backup K or D, not neccessarily a K.

I think I'd rather have the RB/WR depth already on my roster rather than get a backup K, D and IDP to drop after my main one's bye.

Play musical backup K and D for sure (so try to target different bye weeks for your main K and D), as for IDP, can add them in to the musical chair mix as well I suppose. Granted, that is 2 of your waiver moves locked up there, but you aren't going to have to drop a RB or WR that you may need for depth to secure a backup.

I've done it in the past starting with the PK - as long as he's the first cut. Otherwise, you might run the temptation of dropping a RB/WR/QB to keep a hot D on the team longer than need be. So yeah, I start with a PK2 and race to cut him ASAP for another bye week piece.

I've done it in the past starting with the PK - as long as he's the first cut. Otherwise, you might run the temptation of dropping a RB/WR/QB to keep a hot D on the team longer than need be. So yeah, I start with a PK2 and race to cut him ASAP for another bye week piece.

Could the same not happen to a K coming out of the gates hot? just saying

Could the same not happen to a K coming out of the gates hot? just saying

BC - but what's a hot kicker +2 points per average?

I'm saying get the guy on your team that you know you want to dump for something better. Cutting a RB5 to make room for a PK2 doesn't seem smaht.