[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting SOFA Draft

The Wolf

...follow along to see how The Huddle is doing! We post the other SOFA drafts in the main forum so thought we should do the same with this. Plus, the draft has taken several unusual twists and turns, so great conversation/thought/opinion is what The Huddle is all about, right?

Follow along at the following link:

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2009/...=45898&O=17

Edited by The Wolf

Interesting? I am not sure what nut case would pass on Turner and Deangelo :wacko:

For drafts that began before the Panthers played the Giants this past weekend, DWill was somehow falling...I traded up to take him at 2.06 in The BCS League. However, that game, coupled with Stewart's lingering injury, has vaulted DWill back into the first round. And IMO, he never should have been out of that round to begin with...

Tony Gonzalez at 2.12 followed immediately by Aaron Rodgers at 3.01 as the first TE & QB off the board? Wow. :wacko:

That owner was "lambasted" at his own site and also in the comment section of another sites blog(Link)...

to paraphrase how he responded at his board(BB posted the link in the IDP Forum thread)....He said he has Gonzo as his #1 TE in a tier all alone...He said he took Rodgers to diversify his fantasy teams because he already had Brady and Brees on multiple teams and then also said he has rodgers ranked/projected very closely to both Brady and Brees..he also said that when you are picking at the ends that there are times that you have to reach for a player if you really want them (I agree with him about that) .that was pretty much the jist of how he defended those picks.

Edited by keggerz

he also said that when you are picking at the ends that there are times that you have to reach for a player if you really want them (I agree with him about that)

Agreed...I drew the #12 slot in my office league and hate to reach but know I will have to if I want certain players.

posted this in the IDP forum but figured there are some that don't venture that way, yet might still be interested.

the draft is over: Rosters Link

This is how the huddle team ended up:

Carson Palmer, Shaun Hill....

Reggie Bush, Willie Parker, Ahmad Bradshaw, Leon Washington, Bernard Scott

Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith(Car), TJ Housh, Chris Henry, Bryant Johnson, Bobby Engram

Greg Olsen, Randy McMiichael

Trent Cole, Robert Mathis, Andre Carter

Barrett Ruud, DJ Williams, Justin Durant, Nick Barnett, Akeem Jordan, Will Witherspoon

Richard Marshall, Chris Hope, Jermaine Phillips

:wacko:

If anyone has any questions as to draft strategy or why a certain player over another just ask.

Edited by keggerz

:wacko:

If anyone has any questions as to draft strategy or why a certain player over another just ask.

I do have a question. I've noticed The Huddle patrons and contributors making sure they have a good WR corps to then focus in RBs.

Now, having the utmost respect for you guys, I was forced to start looking into this... I have noticed that the RB pool is actually deeper than the WR but it has a lot more uncertainties. I can see making sure you have some if the elite WRs but passing on Turner, Gore, DWill, MBIII, and R. Grant for a 2nd WR is a bit tough to understand. Now you were drafting last and a WR run was foreseeable. But still, maybe Ochocinco, V Jax, B Marshall, E. Royal, A Gonzalez would have sound better than R Bush.

R Wayne, M Turner (or one of the others), Housh, V. Jax (or one of the others)

Instead of

R Wayne, S Smith, Housh, RBush

IMHO the point difference between a Turner like and R Bush is bigger than a S Smith and a V Jax like :D

Thanks for you input!

I do have a question. I've noticed The Huddle patrons and contributors making sure they have a good WR corps to then focus in RBs.

Now, having the utmost respect for you guys, I was forced to start looking into this... I have noticed that the RB pool is actually deeper than the WR but it has a lot more uncertainties. I can see making sure you have some if the elite WRs but passing on Turner, Gore, DWill, MBIII, and R. Grant for a 2nd WR is a bit tough to understand. Now you were drafting last and a WR run was foreseeable. But still, maybe Ochocinco, V Jax, B Marshall, E. Royal, A Gonzalez would have sound better than R Bush.

R Wayne, M Turner (or one of the others), Housh, V. Jax (or one of the others)

Instead of

R Wayne, S Smith, Housh, RBush

IMHO the point difference between a Turner like and R Bush is bigger than a S Smith and a V Jax like :wacko:

Thanks for you input!

First I should say that I have had a penchant for going WR/WR for years so having that familiarity helps in understanding what to expect as the draft unfolds.....also for me you hit it when you said the RB pool was DEEP but with many uncertainties...I did a quick small study that I posted HERE and it showed that over the past 3 years 50% of 1st round RBs miss multiple games...missing an average of 2.7 games.....the other thing to remember is that this is a PPR league....last yr thru 6 weeks Reggie Bush was the #1 RB in PPG at close to 25 PPG and the next closest was almost a full 5 PPG less....sure there are injury concerns with Reggie but as the data shows that risks exists in the first round RB too....i am also on record as to having said I am not high at all on Turner this year....

I am going to be lazy and use DMDs projections:

Turner 1480 rushing yards 15 TDs 8 catches 50 yards=251 fantasy points(and fwiw I think those numbers are a bit high)

Bush 490 rushing, 3 TDs, 67 catches 580 3 TDs=216 fantasy points(and I think that Bush has much more upside then that)

Wayne 90/1290 9=273 fantasy points

Smitty 85/1380 7=265 fantasy points

Housh 82/1110 9=247 fantasy points

VJax 50/740 5=154

so your team of: Wayne, Turner, Vjax, Housh=925 fantasy points

my team of: Wayne, Smitty, Housh, Bush=1001 fantasy points

AND I am more bullish on Smitty and Bush then DMD is and more bullish on Housh for more catches but probably around the same yards...and I already said I am bearish on Turner.

Also, I dont know if you play in IDP leagues but I made it a point to secure top talent at LB and DL to help offset some of the risk that I took at RB...also since it is an IDP league we start a total of 15 players(only 2 RBs)which means the RB position only accounts for 13% of the starters....in a normal non idp league where you start 9(1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1D) the RB accounts for almost 1/4 of your starters.

Edited by keggerz

one of the teams(drafting 4th) started out RB RB WR WR(AP, DWill, Colston, Desean Jackson)

gonna save showing the stats and just calculate what their points would be and post them:

AP 333

DWill 242

Colston 262

DJax 207

total: 1044

Thanks for your reply kegz,

I have played IDP but currently not :wacko: not enough time. And btw your idp side of the draft is pretty sick :D

Carter, Andre WAS DE

Cole, Trent PHI DE (P)

Mathis, Robert IND DE (P)

Barnett, Nick GBP LB (P)

Durant, Justin JAC LB

Jordan, Akeem PHI LB

Ruud, Barrett TBB LB

Williams, DJ DEN LB (P)

Witherspoon, Will STL LB

Marshall, Richard CAR CB

Hope, Chris TEN S

Phillips, Jermaine TBB S

While I understand and respect your stance, I'm a little more conservative (Maybe why I have only won one League in the last 2 years, lol). But I am starting to look at drafts outside the box and your input certainly helps me understand trends and strategies a lot better.

Thanks again, :D

Thanks for your reply kegz,

I have played IDP but currently not :wacko: not enough time. And btw your idp side of the draft is pretty sick :D

Carter, Andre WAS DE

Cole, Trent PHI DE (P)

Mathis, Robert IND DE (P)

Barnett, Nick GBP LB (P)

Durant, Justin JAC LB

Jordan, Akeem PHI LB

Ruud, Barrett TBB LB

Williams, DJ DEN LB (P)

Witherspoon, Will STL LB

Marshall, Richard CAR CB

Hope, Chris TEN S

Phillips, Jermaine TBB S

While I understand and respect your stance, I'm a little more conservative (Maybe why I have only won one League in the last 2 years, lol). But I am starting to look at drafts outside the box and your input certainly helps me understand trends and strategies a lot better.

Thanks again, :D

np and thanks for the IDP compliment...as far as the IDP side goes I got many of the guys I REALLY wanted so if they dont do well I only have myself to blame but only time will tell