[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I Igrant or What?

Scorcher

As an unemployed person I was surfing channels and watching my 13th show of "Law and Order Whatever", and on this episode there was a man with Parkinson's who was on trial for impregnating women in comas to get the fetuses for stem cell research to cure his disease. At the end of the show the man sued for custody of the expectant child to get the umbilical cord for the stem cells. My question is " Can stem cell research be done from the cells in umbilical cords?" If so , why can't research go that way, and what would be the problem? I hope I haven't offended anyone with this question. It was either this or "Rate my Team."

Some one with more knowledge than me please reply, what would be the moral issue with doing stem cell research through umbilical cords?

As I understand it, umbilical stem cell are less elastic/maleable than ovum stem cells and are more difficult to work with.

As I understand it, umbilical stem cell are less elastic/maleable than ovum stem cells and are more difficult to work with.

My last post was"Someone with more knowledge than me." :D

I tried to use big words...:wacko:

Them unbiblical stem cells are unmalable once they leave the womb and become big pains in the azz, stealing cigs from mom's purse, going thru dad's dirty magazines, wearing their collars flipped up. Definitely unusable for scientific research.