[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Heavy League 6pt touchdown, 1 QB + QB as flex

laxpro14

I have a draft coming up in a league that allows a QB as a flex starter. The scoring system for QB's are 6pt. for a touchdown, 1pt. for every 25 yards, plus QB's get bonus 2pt. at 200, 225, 250, 275, and 300. So this league favors quarterbacks to the extreme. It's a 12 man snake draft and I'm picking last. I want to go QB/QB but I realize at some point that strategy might not work out. I'm hoping to get Rivers/Rodgers or maybe Mcnabb if one of the other two aren't available. I want to know where the cutoff is. The scoring system for RB and WR are pretty standard. My worry is if the only QB's available are Romo, Schaub or Matt Ryan, I think it doesn't make sense to double up or even draft one of them at that point if there are elite RB's still available. I'm looking for some ideas.

How has the scoring shaken out the last few seasons?

That set up seems very QB friendly such that it throws traditional valuesway out of whack. It may well be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't as far as going QB/QB at the end of the first. I would think the top 6 or so is my cutoff for going QB/QB, as if they are gone, the RBs there are very high value guys and you can focus on getting the higher risk/reward type QBs later on while loading up on stud backs and receivers initially.

Basically I've been stung 2 years in a row for having waiver wire QB's in this league and RB's like Maroney, Gore, and Ryan Grant who didn't live up to their potential. Last year the guy who won had Brees, and Peyton on the bench. It wasn't even fair how much QB's were scoring. It's mostly the same guys though and they're gonna know what's up this year. I was starting Thigpen, but that's not going to happen this year. I think the cutoff is right at 6. If I dont land any of the guys I mentioned earlier I'll go after some sleeper's in the middle-late rounds and probably end up dumping them for a waiver wire backup again.

Are league is very similar to yours...If you can get a top 5 Qb you are usually pretty strong....I have pick 4 and AP is going 1 so I'll take Brady or Brees at 4 and if both are gone I'll probable grab MJD over Manning and come back with Palmer or Rivers...