[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup finals

Down Goes Frazia

Well we're down to 2. Absolutely love the way both these teams are play'in right now...... should be a great series..... and hope it goes 7. thumbs_u

Although home ice is less of a factor than in other sports..... I think it may be key here. thinking Both home crowds are frigg'in rabid & having the last game in Tampa may be the difference.

the mojo that the Flames have go'in right now is work'in... but I think TB just has too much firepower.

I'll take the Lightning in 7.

Game 7 vs the Flyboys did more then just get them to the cup finals....they know what it takes to finish now...

my poor poor flyboys...i really thought that after i moved out of philly that someone was gonna win a championship there this yr and thought it was gonna be the Flyers...oh well

Is Philly D@MN CURSED with TB OR WHAT???

1st the Bucs now the Lighting frown

WT F does it matter where the city is ? shrug Tell that to the countless Canadians & European players on TB's roster..... or the 20,000+ that pack that arena every night. Gotta face the facts that with the financial problems that hockey has right now...... it would only be worse if teams like Tampa Bay & San Jose weren't around.

And don't frigg'in give me cold weather climate crap either :D ........ Winnipeg, Quebec & Hartford couldn't even keep their collective asses outta bankruptcy...... and the Penguins are sitt'in on that very fence as we speak.

TB steamrolled their way to where they are...... and sure as hell deserve to be there.

Down Goes Frazia:

And don't frigg'in give me cold weather climate crap either  :D  ........ Winnipeg, Quebec & Hartford couldn't even keep their collective asses outta bankruptcy...... and the Penguins are sitt'in on that very fence as we speak.

:rolleyes: Be proud of your local talent on that squad.

And watch your mouth about Hartford, or you'll forever have a nemesis in Fusion... angry

They lost their team because Karmanos is a ******... not because they didn't sell enough season tickets. Did Cleveland lose the Browns because the town couldn't support a football team??

AtomicCEO:

Down Goes Frazia:

And don't frigg'in give me cold weather climate crap either    :D    ........ Winnipeg, Quebec & Hartford couldn't even keep their collective asses outta bankruptcy...... and the Penguins are sitt'in on that very fence as we speak.

:rolleyes: Be proud of your local talent on that squad.

And watch your mouth about Hartford, or you'll forever have a nemesis in Fusion... angry

They lost their team because Karmanos is a ******... not because they didn't sell enough season tickets. Did Cleveland lose the Browns because the town couldn't support a football team??

Look Atomic...... all I'm say'in is that for the players & fans in TB it don't mean a rat's-ass where they are. When hockey expanded to the southern states.... starting with Gretzsky in LA..... it frigg'in saved the league because the aforementioned cities couldn't keep their squads... no matter what the reason. I suppose you'd rather have a cold weather team like the Columbus Bluejackets in the finals. :D

As far as dis'n the Whalers..... for someone that has racked up 6000+ posts give'n crap to others..... you're live'n in a fragile glass house there. wink

Besides aren't we all your biatches in fusion anyway ? :P :rolleyes:

Down Goes Frazia:

Look Atomic...... all I'm say'in is that for the players & fans in TB it don't mean a rat's-ass where they are. When hockey expanded to the southern states.... starting with Gretzsky in LA..... it frigg'in saved the league because the aforementioned cities couldn't keep their squads... no matter what the reason. I suppose you'd rather have a cold weather team like the Columbus Bluejackets in the finals.    :D   

As far as dis'n the Whalers..... for someone that has racked up 6000+ posts give'n crap to others..... you're live'n in a fragile glass house there.    wink   

Besides aren't we all your biatches in fusion anyway ?    :P        :rolleyes: 

I hate the Yankees, and I hate Florida and California hockey. Take it as you will.

I usually root for the underdog who has earned his success over the guys with the money. This should be important to you since you are my ***** in Fusion... and you will be the underdog with no money... :D

$200 tickets, $6 beers, talentless goons that can do nothing but slash, hold and punch, constant audio and visual bombardment during breaks in the action. Yep, the game certainly has improved in the last 20 years. I'll take a game in the old Winnepeg Arena without luxury boxes and electronic screens surrounding the rink telling me when to cheer anytime.

Originally posted by MrEdway:

talentless goons

Lecavalier, St. Louis, Richards, Stillman

Iginla, Conroy, Donovan, Kiprusoff.... blah, blah blah. :D

The game has changed with the times.... as has every sport. Gotta deal with it like it or not.

I bet those folks up in Winnipeg would love to be buy'in $6 beers & watch'in replays on a 100ft. plasma scoreboard come tuesday night. thinking

Furd:

Calgary v Tampa Bay. 

Should be a barn-burner.  sleep 

Shouldn't you be hanging around the quilting forums? thumbs_d

Gonna be a great final. I'll go Tampa in 5. eek!

And Atomic, I got something special for you coming for my 7000th post. brow

Originally posted by xMRogers:

Was going to say Tampa in 7, but now that they are all sold out.

Sold out ? :confused: How could that be ? shrug

"Warm weather states are not good for the game."... yeah right. :D

These 2 cities are frigg'in stoked for the finals...... I think it will be a fantastic series.

I hope Tampa rolls. thumbs_u flag

Stupid jag-off Flyers got knocked out, so I'm happy with whatever happens. cool_thu

And quit talking about the Pens leaving! smash I don't want to think about life in this city with only the Pirates to entertain us during the Steelers' off-season. bawling

AtomicCEO

They lost their team because Karmanos is a ******... not because they didn't sell enough season tickets.  Did Cleveland lose the Browns because the town couldn't support a football team??

D*mned straight!

Down Goes Frazia:

Well we're down to 2. Absolutely love the way both these teams are play'in right now...... should be a great series..... and hope it goes 7.  thumbs_u   

Although home ice is less of a factor than in other sports..... I think it may be key here.    thinking  Both home crowds are frigg'in rabid & having the last game in Tampa may be the difference.

the mojo that the Flames have go'in right now is work'in... but I think TB just has too much firepower.

I'll take the Lightning in 7.

First of all, home ice/court/field really doesn't matter in any sport, but in hockey they just don't make a big deal about pretending. But it really should be a good series, although I don't know how many people are going to watch.

Now, here's the problem. I read somewhere that Jerome Iginla actually TOUCHED the Campbell trophy? Is that true? Did anyone see this? Doesn't he know anything about hockey? You don't touch that thing. I'll take the Lightning now.

Originally posted by LegFuJohnson:

Now, here's the problem. I read somewhere that Jerome Igilna (forgive the spelling) actually TOUCHED the Campbell trophy? Is that true? Did anyone see this? Doesn't he know anything about hockey? You don't touch that thing. I'll take the Lightning now.

Iginla not only touched it but after the brief ceremony he took it to the locker room. smash

He didn't present it to the crowd or his teammates or anything like that..... but nonetheless he skated off the ice with it.

Bad juju

EDITED to ADD - Steve Levy & Pang made mention of this very issue when it happened.

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by LegFuJohnson:

Now, here's the problem. I read somewhere that Jerome Igilna (forgive the spelling) actually TOUCHED the Campbell trophy? Is that true? Did anyone see this? Doesn't he know anything about hockey? You don't touch that thing. I'll take the Lightning now.

Iginla not only touched it but after the brief ceremony he took it to the locker room. smash

He didn't present it to the crowd or his teammates or anything like that..... but nonetheless he skated off the ice with it.

Bad juju

EDITED to ADD - Steve Levy & Pang made mention of this very issue when it happened.

well it sure didn't have any bad juju tonight..... Iginla was frigg'in awesome. eek!

Originally posted by Azazello1313:

what's this about not touching the campbell trophy? :confused:

supposedly bad luck to celebrate with the conference trophy. Most captains pose for a pic with it for the league..... but leave it on the ice as to represent un-finished business. The "Canadian" rule is not to even touch it & certainly not lift it & show it to the crowd. Iginla not only did that... but skated off the ice with it.

no worries last night....... he was outstanding.

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by Azazello1313:

what's this about not touching the campbell trophy? :confused:

supposedly bad luck to celebrate with the conference trophy. Most captains pose for a pic with it for the league..... but leave it on the ice as to represent un-finished business. The "Canadian" rule is not to even touch it & certainly not lift it & show it to the crowd. Iginla not only did that... but skated off the ice with it.

no worries last night....... he was outstanding.

my recollection is that the captian always holds it and poses for a pic with it, even if they hold it sort of like eli manning held the chargers jersey. the no-no is lifting it up over their head.

"canadian rule"? :D what nationality are joe sakic and steve yzerman?

In 1995, Stevie Y grabbed the Campbell and skated around with it - didn't do a Stanley Cup number, but pretty close. After getting swept by the Devils, it was the last time he did anything like that. In '97 he posed for a picture and then boogied into the locker room with it. The same in '98. Don't know if he even looked at it in '02!

But I never heard anything about not touching it.

i didn't see what iggy did with it. but if he was holding it up and skating around with it, i could definitely see why the commentators would say something about him doing more than most people do, or would.

but as far as some superstition about not even touching it? i've just never heard of such a thing, and apparently iginla, yzerman and sakic haven't either. shrug