[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre in 2009

Jackass

Just read the blog on this site that details reason why Favre is going to be ranked too low this year. (This is in contrast to the 'players movement' section which states the complete opposite of this opinion) Without providing too much content to our non-paying forum participants, the argument is pretty compelling - he's back in the offense he knows, he's got AP and an underrated receiver corps, Doc Andrews is giving him the green light, and the schedule looks pretty favorable:

In order of appearance the Vikings will face: Cleveland, Detroit, San Francisco, Green Bay, St. Louis, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, BYE, Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, Arizona, Cincinnati, Carolina and Chicago. Aside from a tough couple weeks in the middle, Favre’s schedule is an asset not a liability.

I realize there are a lot of Favre haters on here, but are people possibly going to undervalue him, because they hate him and are sick of him?

I would have to agree. He probably is a good sleeper and may turn out good fantasy numbers for his draft position. As the article stated, he does have a lot of talent around him, but I did hear him say something in an interview something to the effect that he doesn't need to make a ton of throws each game or carry the team probably because of AD. I will see if I can find that statement.

He still throws the ball hard:

Favre had surgery to repair a torn biceps tendon in May and revealed Tuesday that he has a tear in his rotator cuff. But Favre’s teammates said he still has plenty of velocity on his throws.

“The dude’s throwing missiles out there,” defensive end Jared Allen said.

“It’s hot, it’s hot,” wide receiver Bobby Wade said.

“Every ball is a fastball,” tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. “I’m not sure if it’s his ‘fast’ ball yet. I’m scared to see his ‘fast’ ball, but it seems like they’re on a string.”

Edited by Outshined

I would have to agree. He probably is a good sleeper and may turn out good fantasy numbers for his draft position. As the article stated, he does have a lot of talent around him, but I did hear him say something in an interview something to the effect that he doesn't need to make a ton of throws each game or carry the team probably because of AD. I will see if I can find that statement.

He still throws the ball hard:

Really? The man who leads the NFL in career INT's and single-handedly INT'd away the Jets season last year is now supposed to be a game manager? So why upset team chemistry for this dolt? Also, for $12 million this year, you better throw for 30 and 4,000.

Sorry all...I don't see him having any fantasy relevance aside from a QB2 and a bye-week filler EARLY in the season. He won't even finish the season on the field...mark my words.

Edited by The Wolf

Not just the threads. He's virtually everywhere.

Really? The man who leads the NFL in career INT's and single-handedly INT'd away the Jets season last year is now supposed to be a game manager? So why upset team chemistry for this dolt? Also, for $12 million this year, you better throw for 30 and 4,000.

Sorry all...I don't see him having any fantasy relevance aside from a QB2 and a bye-week filler EARLY in the season. He won't even finish the season on the field...mark my words.

Not just the Jets...

Favres record the last 5 weeks the last 4 years.

05 1 TD 10 picks

06 4 TDs 8 picks

07 6 TD's 7 picks

08 2 TDs 9 picks

13 TD's and 34 interceptions at crunch time.

Edited by Randall

Not just the Jets...

05 1 TD 10 picks

06 4 TDs 8 picks

07 6 TD's 7 picks

08 2 TDs 9 picks

WOW. I wonder how many people here knew that. I sure didn't. Those are worse numbers than Romo!!!!

Not just the Jets...

05 1 TD 10 picks

06 4 TDs 8 picks

07 6 TD's 7 picks

08 2 TDs 9 picks

Not the numbers I want in my $12 million "game manager."

Not just the Jets...

05 1 TD 10 picks

06 4 TDs 8 picks

07 6 TD's 7 picks

08 2 TDs 9 picks

so you are saying he is due for a good final 5 game run :wacko:

I think Favre is a stud :D , and if I lived in Minnesota I’d be stoked about it and go out and buy my kid a Favre Jersey. Why all the haters? This is good news for AP, and the WR’s.

I agree. I mean, if you are in a league that rewards offensive players for tackles following turnovers, :wacko:

I agree. I mean, if you are in a league that rewards offensive players for tackles following turnovers, :wacko:

We'll see... in the meantime I'm sure your opinion of what constitutes a real HOF player will be ruled by the moment, or rather stats you calim will repeat when teams change... hindsight is always 20/20/but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy/speak of mutually assured destruction/nice story, tell it to Readers Digest.

We'll see... in the meantime I'm sure your opinion of what constitutes a real HOF player will be ruled by the moment, or rather stats you calim will repeat when teams change... hindsight is always 20/20/but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy/speak of mutually assured destruction/nice story, tell it to Readers Digest.

When did this thread become a discussion on whether Favre is a HOFer? We're talking about Favre in 2009. If this is the way you want the discussion to go, here's my take on that: he's a no-brainer HOFer. First ballot.

Now, back to the topic at hand...I and most people are not living in the past, my friend...he is no where near close to "a stud" as you mention. At best, he's a QB2. That's not a stud.

When did this thread become a discussion on whether Favre is a HOFer? We're talking about Favre in 2009. If this is the way you want the discussion to go, here's my take on that: he's a no-brainer HOFer. First ballot.

Now, back to the topic at hand...I and most people are not living in the past, my friend...he is no where near close to "a stud" as you mention. At best, he's a QB2. That's not a stud.

Who said he was even top 10? My point is he knows football, he has a great backfield and will contribute to making the playoffs which is all any QB cares about. Your hindsight stat predictions are obvious. This is good if you're a Vikings fan... that's my point. Favre is good for football.

Who said he was even top 10? My point is he knows football, he has a great backfield and will contribute to making the playoffs which is all any QB cares about. Your hindsight stat predictions are obvious. This is good if you're a Vikings fan... that's my point. Favre is good for football.

If Trent Dilfer can win football games and a SB, then an injured Favre can too.

He faded last year, but in the first 8 games was putting up near as good numbers as TT's Golden Boy ARodg.

An injured Favre is still better than TJ or SR.

If he can cut back on INT's....BIG IF...he can manage the game. You don't play 16 years and hold a handlful of records without doing some of that.

The Favre Haters who pose as GB fans just can't handle seeing him in a Purple Jersey. if he can play and help them win, go for it. If he fails, bummer, they are no worse than they were last year.

Go Brett...prove them wrong. Nobody gave Flutie or Vinny T. this much crap for un-retiring.

GO VIKES.

:confused: HUH??? Care to show me some of these predictions I supposedly made?

Favre is no longer good for football. He is a circus, a traveling show. He's the prima ballerina and the diva singer all rolled into one. He's good for the news media. Heck, the man is not even good for his own team. I've not read one article where his new teammates were gushing to have him.

I have him just inside my top 20 QB's and would easily consider him as a QB2 if I needed him for a bye week fill in early...

too bad someone will draft him as a QB1 in my local, because he's not worth it there....but has great value as a QB2...

:confused: HUH??? Care to show me some of these predictions I supposedly made?

Favre is no longer good for football. He is a circus, a traveling show. He's the prima ballerina and the diva singer all rolled into one. He's good for the news media. Heck, the man is not even good for his own team. I've not read one article where his new teammates were gushing to have him.

I hate you so much ...excuse me Mr. Favre, can you explain to this arm-chair QB that football is about winning games? I fart in your general direction Wolf... I hate you so much. :wacko:

Edited by Thews40

I hate you so much ...excuse me Mr. Favre, can you explain to this arm-chair QB that football is about winning games? I fart in your general direction Wolf... I hate you so much. :wacko:

Hate me all you want my friend (I don't hate you) but the fact remains that you've brought forth no credible evidence at all regarding any projections I've supposedly made.

You disagree with my saying he is a freak show and at best a QB2? That's cool. I can live with that. But when you're done farting in my general direction, peel yourself off His jock and answer this: who on the Vikings is saying they are happy Favre is there? What players? The fans may be in a frenzy but show me something other than typical player-speak where His teammates are truly excited that He is there.

You can't show me because it is not there. This whole charade will rip that team apart. You may not want to hear it, but it is true. Sorry to burst your bubble.

P.S...there's no such thing as the tooth fairy either.

Edited by The Wolf

I think Favre is a stud :wacko: , and if I lived in Minnesota I’d be stoked about it and go out and buy my kid a Favre Jersey. Why all the haters? This is good news for AP, and the WR’s.

You said he was a stud. That's Top 10. Heck...it's top 5!

Favre=stud. Vikings=happy. You=forced-fed stat BS. Again... Favre=Stud.

1. Favre has not been a stud for a few years now. We obviously agree to disagree.

2. Show me where the Vikings are happy he is there. I've asked several times and still haven't seen anything.

3. Show me where I force-fed stats. I've asked several times and still haven't seen anything.

4. Favre has not been a stud for a few years now. We obviously agree to disagree.

:wacko:

Favre = Stud???

Looks like you drank the grape kool-aid!

I didn't say FF=stud this year, what I'm saying is the haters that put Favre in the "he should have retired category." Vikes=happy.. any Vikes fans pissed about this??????????????