[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre in 2009

Jackass

Favre=stud. Vikings=happy. You=forced-fed stat BS. Again... Favre=Stud.

2008=13th scoring qb

2007=8th scoring qb

200610th scoring qb

2005=14th scoring qb

2004=6th scoring qb

Remember, some of those years he had an elite Ahman Green, then A studly Ryan Grant, followed by Thomas Jones and Leon Washington at RB. During that time he's had way better guys to throw to ie Greg Jennings/Donald Driver/Javon Walker. Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin aren't that great. Even with Favre having great talent around him at a younger age, he wasn't elite. Elite is top 5 in my opinion. And he hasn't done that since 2004 which was a very, very long time ago. He's a solid QB2, but you're taking a huge gamble if you're going to rely on him as your stud QB1. It's not going to happen.

What pole are you.. you know, thinking you're being so smart about? What pole... the hindsight has 20/20? Damn... you rock so much.

Yea, you're right. He'll be the savior of the Vikings. He's the best QB in the league. He'll certainly be the first QB taken in every fantasy draft. What is he now... 100? :wacko:

I'm starting to think you're related to the guy.

RE: Having Babies and Scruff neck....come on TT Lovers. Get real.

I love how pricks on this board will alter quotes to degrade someone.

Apparently, it is okay to trash Favre and the Vikings for taking a chance. Yet, when someone comes out to criticize the Packers or GB Mgmt., the naysayers come out of the woodwork to bash them. So much for Free Speech.

Bash all you want, but when Green Bay doesn't win the NFC North the excuses will flow. One preseason game against the Browns will not make the 3-4 a Savior. ARodg will still need to learn how to win games from behind. But, oh, that will be the D/ST fault.

Favre has a ring and 16 years of records and a dynasty. Let's see where TT, MM, and ARodg come into the "Dynasty" word in GB. It doesn't look like it now.

As for Favre not being good for football. GB got rid of Favre due to a business decision, as you have all said. So, the Jets sign him and having a winning record and almost make the playoffs in how many years? He faded, but had he not...well that would have been egg on TT and MM. Why do you think they wouldn't trade him to Minn last year? If he'd beat them, they'd look more like the dumbasses they already are.

This year ticket sales are through the roof in MN as they were in NY last year. SO, how is this not good for the "Business" of football. TT and MM showed him the door for business....MN signed him for business. How is that different?

As for the players not saying they are "happy"? How many have come out to say they "aren't happy"?? When they start winning games that will change because winning is good for football. Then again, GB didn't know what that was like next year.

Prediction going into Week 4

MN 3-0 vs. GB 0-3

After that week it will be Min 4-0 and GB 0-4.

Yes. That will be the beginning of the end for TT and MM. As Wolf Said...."Mark my words".

Edited by Ed Hoyle

RE: Having Babies and Scruff neck....come on TT Lovers. Get real.

I love how pricks on this board will alter quotes to degrade someone.

Apparently, it is okay to trash Favre and the Vikings for taking a chance. Yet, when someone comes out to criticize the Packers or GB Mgmt., the naysayers come out of the woodwork to bash them. So much for Free Speech.

Bash all you want, but when Green Bay doesn't win the NFC North the excuses will flow. One preseason game against the Browns will not make the 3-4 a Savior. ARodg will still need to learn how to win games from behind. But, oh, that will be the D/ST fault.

Favre has a ring and 16 years of records and a dynasty. Let's see where TT, MM, and ARodg come into the "Dynasty" word in GB. It doesn't look like it now.

As for Favre not being good for football. GB got rid of Favre due to a business decision, as you have all said. So, the Jets sign him and having a winning record and almost make the playoffs in how many years? He faded, but had he not...well that would have been egg on TT and MM. Why do you think they wouldn't trade him to Minn last year? If he'd beat them, they'd look more like the dumbasses they already are.

This year ticket sales are through the roof in MN as they were in NY last year. SO, how is this not good for the "Business" of football. TT and MM showed him the door for business....MN signed him for business. How is that different?

As for the players not saying they are "happy"? How many have come out to say they "aren't happy"?? When they start winning games that will change because winning is good for football. Then again, GB didn't know what that was like next year.

Prediction going into Week 4

MN 3-0 vs. GB 0-3

After that week it will be Min 4-0 and GB 0-4.

Yes. That will be the beginning of the end for TT and MM. As Wolf Said...."Mark my words".

I hope to god you are fishing but I am guessing you are not. There are way too many idiots like you in Green Bay and around town that can't stop swinging from Favre's nutsack.

TT and McCarthy got rid of Favre for business? How do you ever come up with that? Yea let's dump the face of this franchise that everyone at that point absolutely loved. The last reason for dumping Favre was business. TT and McCarthy want to win. Winning is good business. TT knew that Favre was done and Rodgers at that point was the better QB. That and the constant retire/unretire is why Favre is gone.

The Jets almost made the playoffs because of many other reasons besides Favre - they made major moves before last season and those moves made them a better team. I watched a lot of those games last year and even at the beginning of the year I don't think Favre looked that good - they did win so you have to give him credit for that but I don't think Favre was anywhere near the reason for hose wins - he was the reason for losses late in the year.

Minn had a great chance at being 4-0 without Favre so that does not mean jack.

I love Brett Favre more than anything on the earth. I'm not a fan of a team, but a player. I will continue to spew my irrational thoughts on the packers/Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy. I wish Mooch was hired as a HC and Mike Sherman was the GM. I wish things never changed. I will Bill Schroder and Antonio Freeman were still playing WR with Edger Bennet and Dorsey Levins playing runningback. I still think Favre is the 96 era Brett Favre and that he can do no wrong, because I'm his love child. My Packers fanhood lived and died with Brett Favre, because he can do no wrong. Shame on Green Bay for putting 53 guys ahead of 1 guy. I hope they lose every game. I'm now a viking fan. Take that Ted. Take that Mike. Take that Aaron.

A summery of every Ed Hoyle post.

I love TT and MM above all else and grab my ankles and feel my sphincter pucker when TT takes the podium. I only wish it were me that he was speaking to and grabbing.

I will defend him with my life and hope that TT and MM bring back "Glory" to GB.

Quote from ButtPirateNinja as he dreams about TT.

I hope to god you are fishing but I am guessing you are not. There are way too many idiots like you in Green Bay and around town that can't stop swinging from Favre's nutsack.

TT and McCarthy got rid of Favre for business? How do you ever come up with that? Yea let's dump the face of this franchise that everyone at that point absolutely loved. The last reason for dumping Favre was business. TT and McCarthy want to win. Winning is good business. TT knew that Favre was done and Rodgers at that point was the better QB. That and the constant retire/unretire is why Favre is gone.

The Jets almost made the playoffs because of many other reasons besides Favre - they made major moves before last season and those moves made them a better team. I watched a lot of those games last year and even at the beginning of the year I don't think Favre looked that good - they did win so you have to give him credit for that but I don't think Favre was anywhere near the reason for hose wins - he was the reason for losses late in the year.

First paragraph, that should tell you something about fans in GB. Not everyone is a TT and MM disciple.

Second paragraph, winning isn't a business? They should have done more to keep Favre in GB. He was the face of the franchise as you say, so why not build a team around him and let him ride off into the sunset and this circus would be over. (Favre should have dropped the prima-donna act too and it could have worked.) Either way, they let him go and after a good 2007. Last year, Favre was putting up nearly the same #'s in NY as ARodg was in GB during the first half of the season...and with lesser WR's than ARodg. How does that make ARodg any better? Heck, if he was that "done" as you put it, then how come TT didn't have the balls to let Favre go to MN last year?

They go with an unknown and end up 6-10. They should have been 8-8 with the two games ARodg should have won. It took a year for him to earn the respect of his teammates. Favre had that. His numbers have faded towards the end of each year, but overall weren't the worst in the NFL. Leadership will help win games...inexperience will lose them. But, he wasn't innocent in it all either. The whole "Retire-Unretire" did get old. But, he didn't start doing that till TT got to town. Still wrong.

Third Paragraph, the Jets had a resurgence in their running game due to Favre making the opposing D/ST be honest. Favre has always had a way of getting average players to bring their game up. Not that he's the cause of it, but he has the leadership quality to do so. Many sports analysts have stated this. (Not sure if they will through the latest circus. Even I think it was handled poorly by Favre and the Vikings.)

Either way as for Favre 2009, he can't hurt the Vikings..unless he tries to do it all. If he does, hope to gosh Childress will chew his ass and put it on the bench. Holmgren did it a few times and it seemed to work. They can win with him at the helm. They needed someone to keep the opposing D/ST's honest. Injured or not, he should be able to do that.

I will cheer for both the Pack and Vikes. But, I do hope the Vikes take 2x from them just for TT and MM....just for spite.

Edited by Ed Hoyle