[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 most annoying types of Facebookers

whomper

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the worst is Mafia wars.
I'd have to say the IQ test is the most annoying. "<Random user> scored <random number> and is your smartest friend. Are you smarter?" Refresh the page and you then get "<Different random user> scored <lower random number> and is your smartest friend. Are you smarter?" Wha? Did my first friend die? Or is he no longer my friend.

Then I take a ridiculously easy "IQ" test only to find out I need to give them my cell phone number and sign up for a 9.99/month entertainment plan. I'll pass.

i do not like the leading sympathy-baiters ... they post something like "feeling blue today ..." or "skies are gray in my world ..." or some crap like that just begging you to then have to ask what is wrong, leading you into a conversation you probably don't want to be in.

and, if no one responds to the bait, i then get worried that the person will get depressed becaused they have no friends (but i still don't respond).

any chick that is sympathy-baiting is big-time high maintenance for sure. if you see any of your ex's or chicks you wanted from your past sympathy-baiting, be thankful you are free of them!

It appears everyone on Facebook leads a much more exciting life than I do. I really can't post, "Watching WSOP rerun and eating a quart of Banana Split Turkey Hill ice cream tonight while contemplating where all my hair is going" and feel good about myself.

But that's just me.

It appears everyone on Facebook leads a much more exciting life than I do. I really can't post, "Watching WSOP rerun and eating a quart of Banana Split Turkey Hill ice cream tonight while contemplating where all my hair is going" and feel good about myself.

But that's just me.

:wacko:

You won't be disappointed...seriously.

I say that with the most respect that a FB lurker can muster.

I have never hidden my admiration for huddler sisters. ahem Darins sis ahem :wacko:

The Bad Grammarian. "So sad about Fara Fauset but Im so gladd its friday yippe". Yes, I know the punctuation rules are different in the digital world. And, no, no one likes a spelling-Nazi schoolmarm.

Does Yukon have a facebook account?

The Chronic Inviter. "Support my cause. Sign my petition. Play Mafia Wars with me. Which 'Star Trek' character are you? Here are the 'Top 5 cars I have personally owned.' Here are '25 Things About Me.' Here's a drink. What drink are you? We're related! I took the 'What President Are You?' quiz and found out I'm Millard Fillmore! What president are you?"

My ever loving sister to a T. She's the one that pushed me in a Facebook account. As rare as I log on, I then have see all the lovely things she sent me. And the quizzes....don't even get me started on that.

Isn't The Huddle reeeeally just Facebook for people who don't know each other and have an admitted common interest, rather than Facebook's target audience of people who sorta/usedta know each other with undetermined common interests? Back when post-counts mattered, this place clucked like a hen house .... :wacko:

I'll ask her when she wakes up.

How about all you dummies that were doing the Dos Equis guy things...as if that isn't the biggest rip off of the Chuck Norris stuff!

There is this chick in my friends list that is absolutely a "many status updates a day" type of person and about the most bitter person I think I haven't known (she would email me after mass emailings from a mutual friend). And she wonders why she doesn't get multiple dates, etc...geesh.

I will say, I do like Facebook. I don't necessarily want to sit down and talk to someone I knew in high school for an hour, but I genuinely am interested in a snapshot of how they are doing.

How about all you dummies that were doing the Dos Equis guy things...as if that isn't the biggest rip off of the Chuck Norris stuff!

There is this chick in my friends list that is absolutely a "many status updates a day" type of person and about the most bitter person I think I haven't known (she would email me after mass emailings from a mutual friend). And she wonders why she doesn't get multiple dates, etc...geesh.

I will say, I do like Facebook. I don't necessarily want to sit down and talk to someone I knew in high school for an hour, but I genuinely am interested in a snapshot of how they are doing.

+1 on all counts. I've even got a version of the chick you mentioned as a "friend". We went to HS together and reading her dozen or so updates a day is so damned depressing.

"Never love someone who only likes you"

"...is hoping today is the day it all goes right"

"...hanging in there."

"...is glad there's a few people in her life who really care."

On and freaking on.

+1 on all counts. I've even got a version of the chick you mentioned as a "friend". We went to HS together and reading her dozen or so updates a day is so damned depressing.

"...hanging in there."

On and freaking on.

My 17 year-old niece posts a lot of stuff like that; I'm not sure if she is begging for sympathy or if she is actually depressed. I fear it is the latter. One of her best friends was killed about six weeks ago in a car wreck and she is taking it really hard.

What I find most annoying are the people who update their status three to four times a day to talk about how much they love their spouses. Yes, we get that you love your "little smoochykins", now give it a rest.

My 17 year-old niece posts a lot of stuff like that; I'm not sure if she is begging for sympathy or if she is actually depressed. I fear it is the latter. One of her best friends was killed about six weeks ago in a car wreck and she is taking it really hard.

And one has to wonder how effective this is at dealing with the issue. Certainly just sucking it up and fighting through may not be the answer, but I'm afraid people will think doing this sort of thing is a meaningful replacement for actual dialog about the tragedy. Just lobbing things like that out there. I'm sorry to hear about your niece's loss.

"Never love someone who only likes you"

"...hanging in there."

On and freaking on.

Here's today's status..

...I have made it this far and all that I am going through, will only make me stronger...right?? There is light at the end of the tunnel...??