[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush, where do you see him?

rajncajn

I agree with you Rajn that Bush is being lost in the PT craze. Earlier in the summer I was able to start off from a 9 or 10 spot in a 10 team league mock and go WR-WR and the come back with PT and/or Ronnnie Brown/Kevin Smith/DMC/Grant, etc. Now PT is going incredibly early. Will he be worth an early 2nd rounder when all is said and done? Possibly, however, there is no question that he went from a nice little late 3rd-early 4th round value pick to being more of a risky pick in hopes that he does explode this year. Hate when that happens. I have no problem spending a late 2nd-early 3rd on PT but in 2 recent real drafts that I've been a part of he's gone with the 17th overall pick in both of them. Bush was taken at the 39th spot in one of those drafts. Again he could be worth a pick that high but it's no longer the value it was earlier in the summer. I feared his value would creep up but I wasn't thinking it would go that high, at least this year any way.

Here's the thing with Reggie, he'll be ranked lower on some sheets for fear of not playing a whole season but in regard to the games he does play he could very well rank in the Top 5 RBs and be a first round selection for the value he holds during those games.

Reggie used to be the epitomy of a high risk/high reward draft pick when he was being picked in the middle-late part of round 1. At this point, he's a great value pick as he's been falling into the 4th round and sometimes even a bit later. At that point you're drafting him as your 2nd and sometimes 3rd RB and for the games he does play, he'll be an absolute steal as he'll perform as a #1.

+1 - But I frown on both he and Pierre, which I know one of those guys will be worth their pick and the other flat or not worth the pick. I just don't know which. :wacko:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when the Huddle Ladder PS draft took place and I was thinking about taking Bush with my next pick...

..then whoops, he was hurt that practice.....and then he was fine...

...now he's hampered again....methinks I will avoid him this year...

Can somebody please confirm if in fact Reggie's knee has been swelling a lot during training camp and in the pre-season? I've also read reports that he's limping a lot.

The guy is just over rated period. Sure he has good value in PPR leagues but the question is where should he be drafted? PT offers much more upside IMO and is the complete package in that offense. For some reason everyone is a ssuming Bush will snag all of the receiving yardage but don't forget that PT is a very capable receiveras well. Like I've said many times before Bush is a glorified 3rd down/change of pace back. He hasn't even been all that explosive in his career. Where are all the big plays? Where are all the TD's? Instead of worrying where Bush will be drafted, I'm hoping PT falls into my lap in the 3rd round. :wacko:

Can somebody please confirm if in fact Reggie's knee has been swelling a lot during training camp and in the pre-season? I've also read reports that he's limping a lot.

The guy is just over rated period. Sure he has good value in PPR leagues but the question is where should he be drafted? PT offers much more upside IMO and is the complete package in that offense. For some reason everyone is a ssuming Bush will snag all of the receiving yardage but don't forget that PT is a very capable receiveras well. Like I've said many times before Bush is a glorified 3rd down/change of pace back. He hasn't even been all that explosive in his career. Where are all the big plays? Where are all the TD's? Instead of worrying where Bush will be drafted, I'm hoping PT falls into my lap in the 3rd round. :wacko:

The knee has been swelling somewhat and here is a link to his latest scrape.

He sure gets banged up a lot.

He is PPR fantasy gold IF he could stay healthy. I just don't see that happening.

So rajn are you saying PT is being overvalued now going late 2nd to very early 3rd in PPR leagues? Making him a low end # 1 in 12 team leagues (top 10-12 RB overall by seasons end point wise) or a VERY high end # 2.

Seems like that is your opinion. Being a Saints insider your opinion matters to me in this situation.

Just curious.

meanwhile the Houston Texans are laughing all the way to the bank

Mario Williams has definitely been the better pick for what the Texans needed....

my whole thing was....is I thought LenDale White was going to be the better pro than Bush.....so while I was never high on Bush to begin with, I was still off on my prediction...

Me, personally see PT have a stellar year. MB will be the Duece replacement but PT will get 60 to 70% of the carries. The thing that makes PT so nice is he has GREAT hands and great speed. I think Bush will be spending a tad more time on the side lines.

Just my two cents.

So rajn are you saying PT is being overvalued now going late 2nd to very early 3rd in PPR leagues? Making him a low end # 1 in 12 team leagues (top 10-12 RB overall by seasons end point wise) or a VERY high end # 2.

Seems like that is your opinion. Being a Saints insider your opinion matters to me in this situation.

Just curious.

I think he's being overvalued in comparison to Bush. I can see him being a low end #2, but by season's end I think PT owners will be wishing they'd taken Bush instead.

meanwhile the Houston Texans are laughing all the way to the bank

Yeah, all those playoff appearances he's helped them get. I'm sure they're laughing hard.

Me, personally see PT have a stellar year. MB will be the Duece replacement but PT will get 60 to 70% of the carries. The thing that makes PT so nice is he has GREAT hands and great speed. I think Bush will be spending a tad more time on the side lines.

Just my two cents.

60-40 is about what I'm thinking as far as carries as well. But as good as PT may be as a receiver, he's still not in the same class a Bush.

Other than he doesn't get injured every third game.

You act as if Pierre Thomas is the model for dependability... You do realize that he wore down and sat out of a contest last year right? Pierre is a better runner, but isn't in the same universe as Bush in the passing game. Oh, and Bush is impossible to take down in the open field.

You act as if Pierre Thomas is the model for dependability... You do realize that he wore down and sat out of a contest last year right? Pierre is a better runner, but isn't in the same universe as Bush in the passing game. Oh, and Bush is impossible to take down in the open field.

I'm not trying to paint PT as some glorified Berry Sanders. I'm just saying Bush is WAY over rated and hasn't even come close to his projections.

All in all, I think PT is a better over all player than Bush, but that of course is just my opinion.....shared among others whilst laugh at by some.

I'm not trying to paint PT as some glorified Berry Sanders. I'm just saying Bush is WAY over rated and hasn't even come close to his projections.

All in all, I think PT is a better over all player than Bush, but that of course is just my opinion.....shared among others whilst laugh at by some.

How can one be overrated when he's not going til the 3rd round?

Other than he doesn't get injured every third game.

Really?

Bush has played in 79.2% of his NFL games(12.7 games)...PT has played in 84.3% of his NFL games(13.5 games)...so yeah PT is an entire .8 games more "durable" then reggie bush....

also for his career Bush has averaged 82.9 yards/game, 5.6 receptions/game and .6 TDs/game...PT averaged 60.6 yards/game, 2.1 receptions/game and .8 TDs/game LAST YEAR(you dont want me to add in PTs previous years stats)

so now take those numbers and lets do some math

Bush: 82.9 x 12.7 games=1052.83 yards, 71 receptions 7.6 TDs

PT: 60.6 x 13.4 games=818.10 yards, 28 receptions 10.8 TDs

now I just know people are gonna say but PT is gonna carry the load....to that I ask how many carries do you really think he will get on average per game?

Edited by keggerz

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/...ailback_mi.html

The Saints don't exactly have a tailback controversy on their hands, but you might want to think twice before you use that high draft pick on Pierre Thomas in your fantasy league.
The fourth-year pro hasn't supplanted Thomas or Reggie Bush on the depth chart. The Saints gave him the starting nod and the lion's share of the carries Saturday night so they could get a better evaluation of him.

Clearly, he solidified his spot on the roster -- and he has probably earned the chance to rotate into the backfield on a regular basis once the regular season starts.

The Saints are intent on improving their running game this season, and it's fine with them if it takes a committee to do that.

I went to public school. :wacko: so math scares me.:D

Luckily, neither of these guys fell to me in my main local draft last night so I didn't have to debate on which to take. PThomas went at 4.4 and Bush went at 4.7.

a hyperbole on my part, fo sho!!; I remember MW getting booed by fans during his debut not to mention the enormous criticism of that decision to take him over Bush; hindsight is always 20-20, of course. Hoping for a playoff appearance for the Texans....and for my Cowboys to actually win a playoff game :wacko:

Really?

Bush has played in 79.2% of his NFL games(12.7 games)...PT has played in 84.3% of his NFL games(13.5 games)...so yeah PT is an entire .8 games more "durable" then reggie bush....

also for his career Bush has averaged 82.9 yards/game, 5.6 receptions/game and .6 TDs/game...PT averaged 60.6 yards/game, 2.1 receptions/game and .8 TDs/game LAST YEAR(you dont want me to add in PTs previous years stats)

Bush: 82.9 x 12.7 games=1052.83 yards, 71 receptions 7.6 TDs

PT: 60.6 x 13.4 games=818.10 yards, 28 receptions 10.8 TDs

now I just know people are gonna say but PT is gonna carry the load....to that I ask how many carries do you really think he will get on average per game?

:wacko: your username should be "STATS". :D