[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T-Wolves hammer Lakers

Ursa Majoris

Woo-hoo! Everything fell into place tonight, despite Cassell having to leave after just one minute. Great defense, especially rotating the centers on Shaq, and a mere 8 turnovers, three of those when it didn't matter any more. Terrific concentration throughout, Malone suspended for Game 3, Lakers very frustrated.

Game on!

Huh, I hadn't heard that Malone was suspended for game three. Does an ejection automatically carry a one game suspension with it? The Lakers will put the series away after winning games 3 and 4. MINN definately gave the Lakers a reality check and sent a message that they are going to have to fight to win the series, MINN didn't win the regular season west title for nothin.

"Malone was whistled for a flagrant foul 2, which drew an immediate ejection and could earn him an untimely suspension for Tuesday's Game 3."

Good game last night!! Looks like another good series. I just have this feeling that the Wolves will not go down without a fight. The regular season series went to the Wolves 3-1. With Cassell being limited, the Wolves will need their bench to step up. No predictions, but this will go 7 games.

Malone apparently will not be suspended - no link, but that's what the newspaper talk is.

As for Games 3 and 4, I'm not so sure the Lakers will win them both. Wally S is giving the Wolves an extra shooting option, Martin stepped up huge in the absence of Sam, and the center rotation on Shaq worked great.

Down Goes Frazia:

.... it probably didn't have bearing on the outcome.... but I gotta say the officiating @ the end when the Wolves were do'in the hackishaq was horrible. Madsen was hang'in all over O'Neil like a frigg'in X-mas ornament & the ref wouldn't make the call. Typical NBA officiating for sure. :D 

Agreed. That was friggin' mind-boggling. It's like the ref was just saying to himself, "Nah, I don't like that rule that says I have to call fouls when they occur."

And, as Flip Saunders mentioned, it is a bit curious that KG had 2 total fouls called in the first two games and accumulated 6 in Game 3 alone. I realize the refs in Minneapolis may have been too lenient, but for there to be that much "hometown officiating" at either venue is ridiculous. I think all any coach can ask for is consistency.

I also agree with what Phil Jackson said -- Game 3 was weird. Actually, the series to this point is really strange. Game 1 shows L.A. totally out-classing Minnesota. Game 2 has Saunders out-coaching Jackson and the Wolves completely changing the Lakers' game. And now we've seen a Game 3 where the T-Wolves didn't feel like playing defense. The Lakers didn't seem all that interested, but still pulled out a stress-free victory.

I have to admit my Minnesota-in-six prediction yesterday seems unlikely after seeing how out of sorts they were at Staples, but I'm sure both teams will turn things upside-down again. shrug

I would rather not complain about the officiating, but the NBA does itself no good with officiating overall. The mutterings in dark corners about TV ratings, etc, won't stop until the same rules are applied to all players at all times in all venues. The "star system" is ridiculous - even the announcers admit it exists, and it shouldn't.

Does anyone know if the NBA review officiating post-game like the NFL does? Or is it the NBA that's the issue?

T-Wolves in playoffs when Danny Crawford isn't officiating: 9-2

T-Wolves in playoffs when Danny Crawford is officiating: 0-4

Hmmm.

Ursa Majoris:

I would rather not complain about the officiating, but the NBA does itself no good with officiating overall.  The mutterings in dark corners about TV ratings, etc, won't stop until the same rules are applied to all players at all times in all venues.  The "star system" is ridiculous - even the announcers admit it exists, and it shouldn't. 

Does anyone know if the NBA review officiating post-game like the NFL does?  Or is it the NBA that's the issue?

Hmmm.

Only question here is whether Crawford is only one doing it wrong or right. doah

Ursa Majoris:

I would rather not complain about the officiating, but the NBA does itself no good with officiating overall.  The mutterings in dark corners about TV ratings, etc, won't stop until the same rules are applied to all players at all times in all venues.  The "star system" is ridiculous - even the announcers admit it exists, and it shouldn't. 

Does anyone know if the NBA review officiating post-game like the NFL does?  Or is it the NBA that's the issue?

Hmmm.

bawling bawling bawling lol

are you implying the two'lves would have won that game last night if not for crawford? the lakers were in control of that game pretty much from start to finish. if you want to point a finger, maybe you should point it at a certain MVP who disappeared in the second half. thinking

I'm surprised that people complain about the officiating at all anymore. IT'S THE NBA!, the officiating is always bad, the stars always get calls, always have, always will. You can't have star players always fouling out of games too often, and being hampered by the officials. People watch the games to see the stars perform. People aren't really watching for the outcome of the game, they already know it (even if they trick themselves into forgetting). Other than true Wolves fans, which I can respect, everyone else knows the Lakers are going to win. The Lakers vs Spurs was the real NBA finals, just like last year, and the year before, and the year before that. So poor officiating, star treatment, it gives the announcers something to talk about.

Azazello1313:

by the way, that same "star system" you're crying about is the very reason KG wasn't suspended for game 7 against sacramento.  without that "star system", your pups would be playing golf right now.

I was going to anticipate you and mention that KG was sometimes a beneficiary of the "star system", but instead decided to toss up a softball for you to hit out the park, 'cos I'm generous like that. :rolleyes:

I posted this, not because of anything specifically to do with the T-Wolves, but because of the officiating I've seen this season, and before, both on TV and live. It's pretty clear that some officials have their favorites, and some will allow certain players to get away with much more than others. There are a couple I'm always pleased to see because they tend to favor the T-Wolves, so it's not a one-way street.

However, if there is corruption in sport at all, the NBA is the most likely candidate to find it.

0.4 seconds for the Lakers Fisher to catch, turn and shoot against San Antonio? Yeah, right. Try it yourself with a stopwatch. :D

Originally posted by Ursa Majoris:

0.4 seconds for the Lakers Fisher to catch, turn and shoot against San Antonio? Yeah, right. Try it yourself with a stopwatch. :D

that ain't the refs there, Ursa. It's the guy running the clock....... and because that game was in SA....... the Spurs have nothing to b*tch about. Now if that had happened in LA..... we'd have a whole other can of worms.

Down Goes Frazia:

that ain't the refs there, Ursa. It's the guy running the clock....... and because that game was in SA....... the Spurs have nothing to b*tch about. Now if that had happened in LA..... we'd have a whole other can of worms.

I think you'll find one of the referees uses a wireless device on his belt to start the clock in those situations, but I may be wrong. In any case, it was the Lakers, man..... :rolleyes: shrug

0.4 seconds, my ass.

Ursa Majoris:

Down Goes Frazia:

I think you'll find one of the referees uses a wireless device on his belt to start the clock in those situations, but I may be wrong. In any case, it was the Lakers, man..... :D shrug

0.4 seconds, my ass.

Don't think so, but I may be wrong too. Ref waves his hand...... fat guy @ the scorers table fat fingers the button on the clock..... all in .04. :rolleyes:

Down Goes Frazia:

Ursa Majoris:

Down Goes Frazia:

I think you'll find one of the referees uses a wireless device on his belt to start the clock in those situations, but I may be wrong. In any case, it was the Lakers, man..... :D shrug

0.4 seconds, my ass.

Don't think so, but I may be wrong too. Ref waves his hand...... fat guy @ the scorers table fat fingers the button on the clock..... all in .04. :rolleyes:Ursa is right...one of the officils actually starts it remote.

borge007:

Down Goes Frazia:

long day for Kobe today........ just saw him enter the court room.

I say he goes OFF tonight for 35.

Lakers 98

wolves 78

He might if he hadn't "gone off" last summer!

loco

coach well he had 31. shrug ....and absolutely dominated.

not to mention 19 & 19 from the diesel. smash

the wolves are toast.

The Lakers have too much talent. Unless the Wolves can pull off a miracle, LA is on its way to another title.

Minnesota was a #1 seed because of KG, Spree and Cassell. I think they scored 60-70% of the teams points. ( I don't know the exact figure) With Cassell out, this team has done nothing. Cassell takes pressure off of KG and Spree. Derek Martin is not doing the job. I am not making excuses - it is the truth. No Cassell - No Finals, unless there is a miracle.

RFFL Chump:

Down Goes Frazia:

Ursa Majoris:

Down Goes Frazia:

0.4 seconds, my ass.

Don't think so, but I may be wrong too. Ref waves his hand...... fat guy @ the scorers table fat fingers the button on the clock..... all in .04. :rolleyes:
Ursa is right...one of the officils actually starts it remote. You're all wrong and I have said it before...it's actually a rule in the NBA and maybe even college BB.

.3 or less and all you are allowed to do is tip it in off an inbounds pass. .4 to .7, you are allowed to make a move but not dribble..make the move and shoot, if it goes in, it counts. .7 then you are allowed to bounce/dribble the ball once and then shoot.

Only after .7 then the clock comes into play. This may not make sense to anyone, but the rule is in place to totally eliminate any controversy of who starts, and when they start the clock.

It doesn't friggin matter who or when they start the clock if it is less then .7. Certain moves are allowed and not allowed to eliminate any confusion of who starts the clock when.

I can certainly understand and respect the loyalty of the Wolves fans... but anyone who truly thought the Wolves were beating the Lakers (and I don't think there were many) were truly kidding themselves. Please don't overreact when/if the Lakers don't bring their best game into Game 5, and the Wolves win. It'll be over Monday night in LA. Seriously, its the NBA. The better team wins. It's not about home court, its about being better, and being motivated. The better, motivated team seemingly always wins. The reason there aren't more sweeps, is because its difficult to stay motivated, when you know you can win if you "bring it".

(you may read this twice, there seems to be two threads going, I'll copy & Paste, in case you miss one)

LegFuJohnson:

I can certainly understand and respect the loyalty of the Wolves fans... but anyone who truly thought the Wolves were beating the Lakers (and I don't think there were many) were truly kidding themselves.  Please don't overreact when/if the Lakers don't bring their best game into Game 5, and the Wolves win.  It'll be over Monday night in LA.  Seriously, its the NBA.  The better team wins.  It's not about home court, its about being better, and being motivated.  The better, motivated team seemingly always wins.  The reason there aren't more sweeps, is because its difficult to stay motivated, when you know you can win if you "bring it". 

(you may read this twice, there seems to be two threads going, I'll copy & Paste, in case you miss one)

Word. cool_thu