[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need advice: #1 pick with a keeper league

mackdawg2020

I am in a 10 team league where we have keepers from last season. We're a standard scoring league where QBs get 4 pts for every TD and RB/WR get 6 pts for each TD. Our draft follows the snake format (1-10, 10-1, etc.)

I'm the # 1 pick and have Adrian Petersen as my keeper from last year (he will fill my 3rd round pick). The following players are already TAKEN from other teams as this year's keepers: Ronnie Brown, Michael Turner, M Jones-Drew, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Marion Barber, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte and Steve Slaton.

WHO SHOULD I PICK? I'm leaning towards either LT, Steven Jackson (both players are potential risks) or Larry Fitgerald.

Would love the community's thoughts on what to do here.

Thanks!

I think Fitzgerald is the clear cut choice here. He is a top tier WR, maybe number 1 in the game. HE will put up great numbers as he always does and he his risk is limited. LT is getting old and an injury risk. SJAx I am high on, but I just think Fitzgerald is a better option. However if you are one of those guys that freaks out knowing he will not have a stud #2 RB (cause by time ou draft again, all studs will be gone and you will be looking at Benson), I would think S Jax would be the route.

lineup requirements?

1 QB (4 pts for passing TD, 6 pts for rushing TD, 1 pt for every 25 yards passing, 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing)

1 RB (1 pt for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 6 pts for TD)

2 WR (1 pt for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 6 pts for TD)

1 Flex (RB or WR) - (1 pt for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, 6 pts for TD)

1 TE (1 pt for every 10 yards receiving, 6 pts for TD)

1 K

1 Defense

Appreciate your input, Big Country!

Close call, but with only needing one RB, I think I go Fitz and then focus on BPA with the 2nd/3rd picks... Definitely one more WR then likely an RB/WR for the flex as QBs are too easy to come by in 10 team leagues, that it would be a waste to take one that early.

For next year do you only keep one player again...or does it bump up to 2? I say if it stays st 1 you roll the dice on LT because you will not need him for a keeper option with AP already holding down that spot. The first round is going to be a mix of all positions since people are going to be scrambling for the rest of the RB's that will be available. You will still be able to land a pretty big WR. You will get no where near the HUGE year that LT is going to have. Just my opinion.