[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marty B, baby

Scooby's Hubby

Martellus Bennett IS a WR more than a TE. When Dallas uses the 2 TE system, which they often will do, anything can happen. How will you cover the 2 TE formation? Nickel seems the best, but do you go with big bodies to put on Witten and Bennet?, they will outrun them. Do you go with corners? Can't stop Barber or Felix. Dallas has majorly upgarded their speed on offense with Marty B and a healthy Felix. There was NO need for Jerry to find another receiver or even worry about the receiver corps. I am glad that finally, there is not a "Go-to Guy" on the Cowboys. Crazy enough, Marty B is only 22 years old with a rookie season under his belt.

How's that? What did he do?

In addition to every comment that came out of his mouth on Hard Knocks, he was also fined $22k last year by the NFL for a vulgar rap video he and some buddies made about the Cowboys and the NFL.

...and if you need further evidence, read his Twitter page.

He hasn't shot anyone (or himself) or been in dog fights, just your average run of the mill NFL thug who runs his mouth.

ETA: The video he got fined for was because of his insults towards blacks and gays. He made a second video about the Black Olympics. Article here.

Edited by kpholmes

In addition to every comment that came out of his mouth on Hard Knocks, he was also fined $22k last year by the NFL for a vulgar rap video he and some buddies made about the Cowboys and the NFL.

He hasn't shot anyone (or himself) or been in dog fights, just your average run of the mill NFL thug who runs his mouth.

Maybe 'wannabe thug' but he just tries to be cool and funny. Being 22 years old, he still has alot of growing up to do. I always remember (however barely remember, details and names a little foggy) that 21-25 (which was pre-work your ass of years) being a party. Of course, Scooby has put a stop to all of that. LOL

Martellus Bennett IS a WR more than a TE. When Dallas uses the 2 TE system, which they often will do, anything can happen. How will you cover the 2 TE formation? Nickel seems the best, but do you go with big bodies to put on Witten and Bennet?, they will outrun them. Do you go with corners? Can't stop Barber or Felix. Dallas has majorly upgarded their speed on offense with Marty B and a healthy Felix. There was NO need for Jerry to find another receiver or even worry about the receiver corps. I am glad that finally, there is not a "Go-to Guy" on the Cowboys. Crazy enough, Marty B is only 22 years old with a rookie season under his belt.

He better be fast because when he and Witten both go down field and leave the 5 lineman to block, Tony's not gonna have much time I'm afraid.

Not to mention a giant P.O.S.

:wacko: This coming from a DeSean Jackson/Marshawn Lynch fan.

ETA: The video he got fined for was because of his insults towards blacks and gays. He made a second video about the Black Olympics. Article here.

He's absolutely not a thug, but a 22 year old kid. Nothing that he's done has been mean spirited. Anyone who has been offended by anything he's done either

A. Has no sense of humor.

B. Has a stick of there ass.

C. Takes themself way too serious.

D. Has no idea what they're talking about with him.

If you actually check out his interviews, the guy is a good kid. Yes, he made a "vulger" rap video. I'm sure most people on here have at least an album or two with "vulger" lyrics in the cd/mp3 player. I'm not sure how he's a bad guy for the black olympics. It was a joke. Chris Rock makes black jokes and has made a career out of it. Marty B does it and some of you guys pull out the jump to conclusions board game.

Goofy? Yes.

Mean spirited? No

POS? Absolutely not.

Edited by piratesownninjas

:wacko: This coming from a DeSean Jackson fan.

He's absolutely not a thug, but a 22 year old kid. Nothing that he's done has been mean spirited. Anyone who has been offended by anything he's done either

A. Has no sense of humor.

B. Has a stick of there ass.

C. Takes themself way too serious.

D. Has no idea what they're talking about with him.

If you actually check out his interviews, the guy is a good kid. Yes, he made a "vulger" rap video. I'm sure most people on here have at least an album or two with "vulger" lyrics. I'm not sure how he's a bad guy for the black olympics. It was a joke. Chris Rock makes black jokes and has made a career out of it. Marty B does it and some of you guys pull out the jump to conclusions board game.

Goofy? Yes.

Mean spirited? No

POS? Absolutely not.

Maybe but from a fantasy perspective being behind Witten is a problem and I don't buy the "he's more a WR" argument.

Maybe but from a fantasy perspective being behind Witten is a problem and I don't buy the "he's more a WR" argument.

I was responding to someone who seems to know very little about Marty B calling him a POS. Not his fantasy production. I do think he'll get plenty of receptions to merit being a TE2 though. The guy has serious skills, and I do see them running a ton of two TE sets.

Why is it that, every August we're hearing about how Dallas has seemingly cornered the market on offensive weapons? So, is this guy better than TO? Because you're describing a big, tall, fast receiver. That sort of sounds like TO and enough teams managed to solve that riddle last year.

Just sayin'

I can tell you here in Dallas that he's sort of a media darling because he is pretty funny when they film him. He doesn't come across as a bad attitude guy at all. He seems much more "I'm going to have fun whether you like it or not" kind of guy. He's getting pretty popular here. He's the kind of guy to do practical jokes.

I can tell you here in Dallas that he's sort of a media darling because he is pretty funny when they film him. He doesn't come across as a bad attitude guy at all. He seems much more "I'm going to have fun whether you like it or not" kind of guy. He's getting pretty popular here. He's the kind of guy to do practical jokes.

Iphone money

Jerry Jone money

CapNCrunch.

The guy is awesome.

• 6 months later...

aha.. typical Cowboy fan thread. If you are curious on how to stop the 2 TE formation from the Cowboys, just go back to the Divisional playoff game against the Vikings. Good example... or we could play a game of madden and I can enlighten you there.

Edited by Ayestunod

aha.. typical Cowboy fan thread. If you are curious on how to stop the 2 TE formation from the Cowboys, just go back to the Divisional playoff game against the Vikings. Good example... or we could play a game of madden and I can enlighten you there.

Why don't you elaborate and actually tell people how Minny stopped the 2TE formation instead of just posting general comments.

It's your first day here, try not to dig yourself an early hole.

Why don't you elaborate and actually tell people how Minny stopped the 2TE formation instead of just posting general comments.

It's your first day here, try not to dig yourself an early hole.

Understandable. I can't show you footage but if something was nearly impossible to stop as you say, why didn't they do it that much? I recall Witten having around 10 recs but he does that out of any formation. I like Bennett but I was just stating that its not as easy as 1,2,3 and can be stopped... But considering Romo's pocket presence in the Vikings game, a 2 TE formation would be good... for extra blocking.

Edited by Ayestunod