[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what do i do at pick 11 out of 12

takoboy

our league is a 12 man keeper league. starting 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d.

scoring - passing td's 4 pts, interceptions/fumbles negative 2 pts, 1 pt every 25 yards w/ 3 point bonus at 300. 1 pt every 5 completions

rushing/receiving td's are 6 pts, 1 pt every 10 yds rushing/receiving w/ a 2 point bonus at 100 yds. all recepitons count for 0.5 pts

you could keep 3 guys at the most and they had to be picked after the 3rd round in 2008.

i'm keeping roddy white (7th round in 2008, 5th in 2009), greg jennings (5th in 2008, 3rd in 2009) and donnie avery (15th in 2008, 13th in 2009)

w/ who the other owners have as keepers, it looks like andre johnson, fitzgerald, moss, calvin johnson, and maybe reggie wayne will be drafted. also, AD, MJD, LT, Sjax, and Gore could be drafted before me as well.

what in the world should i do with my 11th and 14th picks.

what's left - westbrook, portis, MBIII, Pierre Thomas, Brees, Brady, Colston, Welker, Boldin

don't really care for portis and barber. i really like pierre thomas and 14th is really early but i feel he could produce like a 1st rounder in that O.

any tips? thanks in advance

Edited by takoboy

I'd be tempted to take Boldin and wrap up your WR needs. Follow with Brees or Brady (that order) and bam, QB is done too. Take several RBs throughout the draft.

thanks for your reply. that's a great idea. regarding boldin, little concerned not about him but about warner, not too sure if that hip's any where close to being 100%. w/ brady back in the fold, welker's TD's should go back up and he'll always be a ppr monster.

after hearing your reply, got me to thinking, would be great to have one person each from the top passing offenses, Saints, Cards, Pats, Pack. so i'd be happy w/ Jennings, and two out of boldin, brees, brady, welker.

I'd take Westbrook or Portis, then Welker or Boldin. The Eagles and Wash both lean heavily on these RBs, when they're healthy. If you take Westbrook, make sure you handcuff him. If #12 takes both WRs then you can take the other RB, or the QB. Personally, I hate 12 team leagues, because there simply is not enough talent in the NFL to support 12 fantasy teams.

funny, I think the opposite. I prefer 16-team leagues cuz then it starts to become a challenge.

Get Portis and then if Boldin, Colston or Welker is still there then I'd grab them in that order. I know you like Pierre best but he'll share with Reggie Bush. Portis doesn't really share very much at all. Westbrook is very risky and MB3 also shares more than Portis. Hope that helps. Good Luck and quick vote mine. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292199

Personally, I hate 12 team leagues, because there simply is not enough talent in the NFL to support 12 fantasy teams.

Wow.. simply wow. Cause FF is a lot more fun when everyone has a stud at every position.

I'm with Opie. I actually like a challenge. For me a 12-14 team league with relatively deep starting lineup requirements is awesome. You have to dig in the draft for talent, scour the waiver wire for potential, study matchups for lineup decisions and actually have to look at making mutually beneficial trades to truly improve.

Wow.. simply wow. Cause FF is a lot more fun when everyone has a stud at every position.

I'm with Opie. I actually like a challenge. For me a 12-14 team league with relatively deep starting lineup requirements is awesome. You have to dig in the draft for talent, scour the waiver wire for potential, study matchups for lineup decisions and actually have to look at making mutually beneficial trades to truly improve.

16 teams is even more fun ...

you got nothing better than avery? guy is dealing with a stress fracture and bulger is hurt as well. no other options?

thanks for all the replies guys. yeah avery's a pretty terrible keeper, but imho to give up a 13th for him is okay. my other choices were tony g for a 4th or cutler for a 6th. cutler fora 6th would've been a steal, if he didn't cry his way out of a pretty good fantasy situation in denver.