[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson's Ranking

I am curious to find out if anyone knows why the Huddle ranks Vincent Jackson so low (38). I know it is a matter of opinion, but most other sites and magazines have VJ ranked in the top 20, mostly around 16. I have seen him as low as 12. I am cuious as to why the discrepency. He is a big WR with speed. One site even compared him to a young TO (appropriate with all of the DUI's I guess). In a Keeper league (no draft yet), I have been offered VJ for Derrick Ward straight up. I like Ward and would not mind keeping him, but his situation in Tampa could go either way. VJ appears to be the WR1 in San Diego and one of Rivers favorite targets. After what VJ did to Asomugha last year, he has me intrigued. Any ideas?

I am curious to find out if anyone knows why the Huddle ranks Vincent Jackson so low (38). I know it is a matter of opinion, but most other sites and magazines have VJ ranked in the top 20, mostly around 16. I have seen him as low as 12. I am cuious as to why the discrepency. He is a big WR with speed. One site even compared him to a young TO (appropriate with all of the DUI's I guess). In a Keeper league (no draft yet), I have been offered VJ for Derrick Ward straight up. I like Ward and would not mind keeping him, but his situation in Tampa could go either way. VJ appears to be the WR1 in San Diego and one of Rivers favorite targets. After what VJ did to Asomugha last year, he has me intrigued. Any ideas?

Do you question the other sites why they have him so high?

Also, when did TO get a DUI?

Do you question the other sites why they have him so high?

Also, when did TO get a DUI?

VJ has had two DUI's in the past two years. The second coming in early January. He has appealed the decision and is trying to postpone the trial until after the season. There have also been rumors that he could be suspended by the league for 1 or 2 games if he is found guilty. All that is from early August. I have not been able to find any updates since then. So I am probably answering my own question.

As for questioning the other sites, since most sites have him top 20 except for Huddle, the crowd logic seems to be that he is going to have an above average season. It is also his contract year. So the better he plays, the more money he makes. That always seems to be motivation. So I wondering why the Huddle has him at 38 versus why everyone else has him around 17?

As for TO and DUI's. Dont really know. From your comment, I can infer that he has not. I was trying to find a comparison between the two. Owens has a negative reputation as a cancer. Right or wrong. I was wondering if VJ has the same reputation from the multiple DUI's.

The problem with SD is that it seems like they have more healthy weapons than in a long time. You've got the top TE, two top pass catching RBs, and several WRs. I believe Chris Chambers is healthier this year and that it's a contract year for him. Malcom Floyd will see more time on the field for sure. The QB has been focusing on his short game to the RBs this off-season.

Thank you for the reply. This is probably why the Huddle has him at 38 versus 17(ish). It all comes down to how LT is valued, maybe Gates as well. Since the Huddle is high on LT, it seems that they believe he will at least match or beat last year's numbers. If he does, then the value of VJ should decrease. Since Gates was hurt much of last year and had a down year compared to his other years, he should take catches way from VJ as well. But if LT is truly done or continues to digress and Gates' off year was due more to declining abilities then to injuries, then VJ should be a top 15 WR. Lots of if's. Toss in Chambers and Floyd and you have a mess. I will stick with Derrick Ward. He may be in a 2 or 3 headed monster, but with the money he is getting, he should see carries. What he does with those carries remains to be seen.

Thanks for the info.

we posted at the same time, so maybe you missed my comment about distribution. If Rivers has the same year, a good year, I don't see how VJ could get more targets and he'll probably get less.

We did post at the same time and i caught most of the comments. Thank you. I competely forgot about distribution. Last year in San Diego, everyone either was hurt or simply not catching the ball. So VJ became one of Rivers' main options. VJ helped Rivers have a great year and vice versa. I think most sites are assuming that Rivers equals last year. Rivers threw down field allot last year. Sproles also broke a few for long gains. There appears to be allot of weapons in San Diego that all need touches. If LT is a top 10 RB, he will get <>60% of the touches (carries and receptions). That leaves 40% for Gates, VJ, Sproles, Chambers, etc. Is that enough to propel VJ into the top WR 15? I guess we will have to wait and see.