[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

long term value

ajfalcone

hey fellas drafting tonight start up dynasty league, draft is serpintine. picking number 3 in ppr 6 points td run/ thrown....1 point every 10 run.....1 point every 20 thrown....1 point every catch... so who has the most long term value at 3 spot? forte or Chris johnson. assuming peterson and mjd are gone. Sjax already 26 and banged up, Lt to old for dynasty, turner not ppr value. please help as Im actually considering fitz at #3 and that is just ludicrious.

hey fellas drafting tonight start up dynasty league, draft is serpintine. picking number 3 in ppr 6 points td run/ thrown....1 point every 10 run.....1 point every 20 thrown....1 point every catch... so who has the most long term value at 3 spot? forte or Chris johnson. assuming peterson and mjd are gone. Sjax already 26 and banged up, Lt to old for dynasty, turner not ppr value. please help as Im actually considering fitz at #3 and that is just ludicrious.

Yeah that is a little ridiculous. I'd go with MJD or Forte.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292199

Forte and Chris Johnson are two logical players to consider there.

For me, I take Chris Johnson, despite the fact that Forte outperformed him considerably in PPR leagues last year.

The way I look at it is that CJ is by far the more talented and athletic runner, his ypc is absolutely ridiculous at 4.9, he's serviceable from a receptions standpoint with 43 last year, and he's on a team that is deeply committed to the run. From a dynasty standpoint add in the fact that Lendale White is in the final year of his contract and if he leaves, that could mean an increased work load for CJ and more goal line touches in 2010.

Forte was an absolute stud last year, but 3.9 ypc scares me a bit, as do the two new variables added to the Bears offense...Jay Cutler and a healthy Kevin Jones who could take some of his carries. My fear is that Forte's success last year in the passing game was in good part due to the fact that the Bears QBs couldn't get the ball downfield consistently, opening off a ton of drop off passes to Forte (which he did a lot with).

Both are going to be very solid picks at 3, and if it was re-draft I'd have a hard time passing on Forte (though I did it in another ppr league I'm in to pick up Andre Johnson just because I believe the top end WR depth is thinner than the top end RB depth this year).

Best of Luck!

WashD

thx for the insight!!! Honestly im not looking at who will out perform who next year. im looking at long term who has the most potential and talent. I feel Chris Johnson is the better talent but need some fellow huddlers to back me up on these thoughts. I really dont want to screw up #1 pick

Forte and Chris Johnson are two logical players to consider there.

For me, I take Chris Johnson, despite the fact that Forte outperformed him considerably in PPR leagues last year.

The way I look at it is that CJ is by far the more talented and athletic runner, his ypc is absolutely ridiculous at 4.9, he's serviceable from a receptions standpoint with 43 last year, and he's on a team that is deeply committed to the run. From a dynasty standpoint add in the fact that Lendale White is in the final year of his contract and if he leaves, that could mean an increased work load for CJ and more goal line touches in 2010.

Forte was an absolute stud last year, but 3.9 ypc scares me a bit, as do the two new variables added to the Bears offense...Jay Cutler and a healthy Kevin Jones who could take some of his carries. My fear is that Forte's success last year in the passing game was in good part due to the fact that the Bears QBs couldn't get the ball downfield consistently, opening off a ton of drop off passes to Forte (which he did a lot with).

Both are going to be very solid picks at 3, and if it was re-draft I'd have a hard time passing on Forte (though I did it in another ppr league I'm in to pick up Andre Johnson just because I believe the top end WR depth is thinner than the top end RB depth this year).

Best of Luck!

WashD

I hear what you're saying but let's not forget that CJ is undersized at under 200 lbs when soaking wet. That frame will not be able to sustain a full workload. CJ could not do to Merriman what MJD did and Forte could possibly do also. He's super athletic but when it comes to picking up the blitz he'll get run over. I doubt Lendale will be leaving unless CJ packs on about 30lbs or so.

I doubt Lendale will be leaving unless CJ packs on about 30lbs or so.

Totally fair point about CJ's size and ability to be a consistent goal line performer. I do think the Titans will face some hard choices when it comes to free agency next year with at least Bulluck, KVB, Mawae, Kearse, Crumpler, Harper, Ball, Brown, Hall, Vickerson, White, Amano, Scaife, Tulloch, Hentrich, Nickey all up for new contracts. While they may want to keep White, if he has a good season, the market price may be too much for them to keep. Which probably means a lower tier big body RB comes in to help balance the workload for CJ in 2010.

All supposition of course

WashD