[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last night's game

NAUgrad

The only thing that jumped out at me last night was the Eagles o-line. Everyone except for the center is injured. They had better be able to get both guards and tackles healthy soon otherwise this could be a long season. Going into game one with an injury plagued o-line is a bad way to start the season. No repetition and not having the time to gel could mean an extremely tough start. Any thoughts on if that o-line is ready to start practicing together soon?

Edited by NAUgrad

The only thing that jumped out at me last night was the Eagles o-line. Everyone except for the center is injured. They had better be able to get both guards and tackles healthy soon otherwise this could be a long season. Going into game one with an injury plagued o-line is a bad way to start the season. No repetition and not having the time to gel could mean an extremely tough start. Any thoughts on if that o-line is ready to start practicing together soon?

As far as I can tell, they will not have played a single training camp or preseason snap (practice or game) together as a unit by the time the regular season starts. I just saw they're giving Jon Runyan a call when he is cleared to resume playing next week. It's not looking particularly good for an extremely talented group, at least at the start of the season. They and the Seahawks will be taking the biggest hits when the Huddle's o-line rankings are updated after this weekend's games.

2V

Stacy Andrews and Jason Peters are both practicing, but were held out for precautionary measures.

Todd Herremanns has a stress fracture in his foot, which is worrisome, but is expected back at the end of preseason. He has been the starting guard for 2+ seasons, so while you'd love to have him in the entire preseason, he should be able to pick things up quickly.

The only real concern is Shaun Andrews, who flew to LA earlier this week to have his ailing back examined. Most here feel he may be done...he reinjured it doing some light running, so he he plans to block 250-pound defensive linemen is beyond me. Max-Jean Gilles, who played well last year in Andrew's absence, would likely fill that role again this season.

Stacy Andrews and Jason Peters are both practicing, but were held out for precautionary measures.

Todd Herremanns has a stress fracture in his foot, which is worrisome, but is expected back at the end of preseason. He has been the starting guard for 2+ seasons, so while you'd love to have him in the entire preseason, he should be able to pick things up quickly.

The only real concern is Shaun Andrews, who flew to LA earlier this week to have his ailing back examined. Most here feel he may be done...he reinjured it doing some light running, so he he plans to block 250-pound defensive linemen is beyond me. Max-Jean Gilles, who played well last year in Andrew's absence, would likely fill that role again this season.

Andrews is at RT tackle this year so Giles will only be on the field for Herremans.

Feeling more like Runyan ends up the starter at RT next to Stacy Andrews at RG. If Herremans foot is bad I would have to guess Giles plays LG but I don't remember who started at LG last night. Peters better get his fat a$$ ready to play too or Buffalo fans may be right. LOL

FWIW- the D looked like crap 2. We already knew replacing Dawkins and Bradley was gonna be tough, plus Cole didn't play but Mays looked pretty bad IMO in coverage. Assante is completely over-rated as well. Burnt again last night.

FWIW- the D looked like crap 2. We already knew replacing Dawkins and Bradley was gonna be tough, plus Cole didn't play but Mays looked pretty bad IMO in coverage. Assante is completely over-rated as well. Burnt again last night.

Even though it was a preseason game I was surprised how bad the D looked. I can only hope they play that bad against the Skins.

Even though it was a preseason game I was surprised how bad the D looked. I can only hope they play that bad against the Skins.

As long as the Skins don't have Peyton and Wayne we should still win :wacko:

As far as I can tell, they will not have played a single training camp or preseason snap (practice or game) together as a unit by the time the regular season starts. I just saw they're giving Jon Runyan a call when he is cleared to resume playing next week. It's not looking particularly good for an extremely talented group, at least at the start of the season. They and the Seahawks will be taking the biggest hits when the Huddle's o-line rankings are updated after this weekend's games.

2V

Stacy Andrews and Jason Peters are both set to start Thursday night.. Shawn Andrews practiced yesterday for the first time since opening day of camp, and stated he feels much better after the cortizone injections last week, and says he is back on track with the goal of playing in the opener 3 weeks from now.