[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Desperate help needed tonight ....

theprofessor

We have a 10 team league but one owner dropped out 24 hours before our draft. I can't replace the guy so I wanted some suggestions from you guys on how I'd properly handle the H2H scheduling. We play a 13 game regular season. If we played H2H each team could have a bye during each of the first 9 weeks but how do we handle the remaining 4 weeks? Is there another schedule format that would work for 9 teams. Never faced this in 17 years of fantasy football. I need help right away as our draft is @ 10 am Saturday. Thanks!!!

Another method is to play against "league average". Replace the missing owner's score with the average score of the league for that week. Win if the team is over that and a loss if the team is under that.

That would be something I would have to input manually correct? I wouldn't imagine that fanball would support that schedule format?

We have a 10 team league but one owner dropped out 24 hours before our draft. I can't replace the guy so I wanted some suggestions from you guys

If not for a "legit" reasons, I suggest the other owners take him back behind the toolshed and kick the living #### out of him.

Other than that, either the weekly lg average as stated or just give each own a bye the week they would have played them.

It's amazing to me how hard it is to find a small group of quality owners for a league.

what about some sort of rotation of doubleheader ?. each week X amount of teams play a double header and it rotates to even things out

Edited by whomper

Here's the only thing I can think of that would work out to a relatively even schedule:

- 12-week regular season.

- Each week, three teams play double-headers... Example: For week 1, teams 1-3 would play teams 4-6 and 7-9. The next week, teams 4-6 would play the DH, etc.

- That's a total of 16 games each... every team plays the other eight teams twice each.

The only issue is that does leave an extra week or two for the playoffs. But, you could actually utilize that to your advantage, and do a post-season similar to what the ACC conference does for basketball, for example... Just seed all nine teams, based on the regular season results:

- Week 13: Seeds 8 vs. 9

- Week 14: Winner of above faces seed #1, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5.

- Week 15: Semifinals

- Week 16: Championship

Kind of a crazy idea, but it does work out evenly and utilizes all 16 weeks. Making the schedule might be a pain, but it can definitely be done. :wacko:

Guys, I can't tell you how great it is to have everyone step up like this right away to help. I appreciate it more than you know. My league has never encountered anything like this in the 17 years I have been doing it. This guy that pulled this shiaaat was the one guy that never really "fit" into this league. Always took too long to nominate a player, wasn't prepared, walked out on his bar bill (a big one!) two years ago and so this is a blessing as we were looking for a way to force him out anyway but to pull this when he did I wanted to beat the cr#p out of him. Thanks again for everyone who helped I am going to present Gopher's 12 week schedule and also the "all play" format. I already have the 10th owner comitted for next year!