[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ponyo

whomper

I cant figure out if this was great or too bizarre to enjoy. It is an animated film about a goldfish that befriends this little boy . The fish wants to be human. It has a real Alice in Wonderland feel to it. When all is said and done I enjoyed it. It is definetly not your typical animated disney movie so if you kid has a short attentiona span it may not be for them. The setting is in asia and it has a asia animation type of vibe.

I give it 2.5 stars. Certainly wasnt you garden variety animated kids flick.

Edited by whomper

Have you seen that director's other movies? Spirited Away? Howl's Moving Castle? I haven't seen them, but he's a pretty acclaimed animator. :wacko: It's a stretch for Disney, but a sly one, I'm thinking.

Havent seen those. It was definetly out of the box type of movie for disney as opposed to a cookie cutter sure fire home run animated film. It was interesting to watch my daughter watch a film like this. I only went with my 8 year old. My little one didnt want to go. My 8 year old hung in and said she liked it. Very interesting to say the least. Liam Neeson did the voice for the fishes Dad who was a very unique character

There's a pretty fervent population out there for this type of movie. I had a student this year with Asperger's Syndrome whose hyper focus area was Japanese anime. I started an anime club to help this student get more friends. We watched parts of Sprited Away. While I didn't get it, all the kids in the group had seen it and totally got it. These kids would sit around and discuss the subtle nuances of anime for as long as time would allow.

Looks too freaky for me.

although this is a movie kids are going to see I honestly could see people taking a few tokes and going to see this movie. I think it would be a great film to watch stoned. Just dont drive your kids :wacko: