Sign in to follow this  
Bengal Mania

Junior's Back!? (Please, God, let it be so)

I know it's hard to remember that Ken Griffey Jr was the best player in the game 5 years ago, but if he can somehow return to form and avoid injury, WOW!

The average is still low (but climbing), but it sure appears Griffey is beginning to put just a little fear in opposing pitchers again. He about knocked Josh Becket's offering into the Ohio River last night.

With the Red's pitching staff actually (over?)performing pretty darn well, a healthy Griffey, along with Casey, Kearns, and Dunn, would sure make this an interesting baseball season.

Go Reds!

i thought that was pretty badass when he hit the dong yesterday after mckeon walked casey to get to him. mckeon was a guy who really had a lot to do with junior falling out of favor with the cincy fans a few years ago. must've felt awesome for him to smack that pitch deep into the stands.

Talk about a guy who went from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the barrel. I'm happy for the guy. Should have been the greatest of all time. Still one of the greats.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to see him in his prime with the Mariners. It seems like he did something worth the price of admission every time I went to a game. I was pretty annoyed with him at the end of his stint here, cuz he got pretty damm whiney, but I'm happy to see him doing well. That swing is absolutely classic.

I'm glad to see Griffey doing well. (Not just because I drafted him really late this year and got a steal wink ). He was one of the best the game has ever seen before the snowball of injuries that hit him. ton_of_b He's still fairly young, and hopefully he can stay healthy and continue to climb back to the top as one of the game's best players.

Down Goes Frazia:

16 & 17 today    smash    ..... en fuego.    eek! 

...... and will probably reach #500 this week, only 2 to go.

In the words of former Big Red Machine star Tony Perez, "I see de ball, I hit de ball."

Go Griffey!!!

He's got to be the most fragile player EVER! This is rediculous. He needs a new trainer.

How frustrating for Griffey and Reds fans. I know I am tired of hearing about Griffey's injuries.

He really could have been on pace to put some records out of sight. It makes you realize that health and consistency are Hugh!

Griffey may be the most talented player to ever play the game. I'm afraid of the decades and decades of how good Griffey could have been compare to Bonds, ala Barry & Emmitt