[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshall left behind

Henry Muto

This whole situation is a joke. Denver should have never fired Mike S. all this new clown of a coach has done is get rid of a up and coming potential superstar QB and now is about to take an up and coming star WR down with him this year.

I just hope that after this debacle of a year is over Marshall is able to get out of this hell hole called Denver and on to a real club.

Either Marshall will be a great value this year because all this news will drop a guy who would have been picked in the late 2nd/early 3rd round (with Cutler) to now the 4th-6th round without Cutler and with all these shenanigans going on.

Either Marshall will be a great value this year because all this news will drop a guy who would have been picked in the late 2nd/early 3rd round (with Cutler) to now the 4th-6th round without Cutler and with all these shenanigans going on.

Unless he gets suspended like Meshawn and TO

maybe cleanin out the asshats will help in the long run.....listened to the Coach on Rome acouple weeks ago and he sounded solid for a young guy and not gonna take chit off any these overpaid Prima Donna's that don't wanna work as a team :wacko:

That would mean a heck of a lot more if McGruber wasn't the very definition of "overpaid prima donna". What has this guy ever done to earn anyone's respect and then he comes in swinging his dick around. I'd give him attitude to. As a matter of fact, I'm doing it right now.

They're getting paid millions of dollar a year, more in one year than I'll make in a lifetime, to do a simple job and that's show up, do their jobs and shut their mouths. If they don't want to do it kick them to the curb and start from scratch. Bill Belichick would never put up with this me first attitude, nor should anyone else.

Edited by Crazysight

This whole situation is a joke. Denver should have never fired Mike S. all this new clown of a coach has done is get rid of a up and coming potential superstar QB and now is about to take an up and coming star WR down with him this year.

Just because McHoody doesn't have a clue doesn't mean Shanahan didn't need to go. He is directly responsible for the D being such a sieve. Wait - I retract that. Calling DEN's D a sieve is an insult to sieves everywhere.

maybe cleanin out the asshats will help in the long run.....listened to the Coach on Rome acouple weeks ago and he sounded solid for a young guy and not gonna take chit off any these overpaid Prima Donna's that don't wanna work as a team :wacko:

If there is a Prima Donna in DEN, he sits right at the top. McHoody has been caught red handed in several lies - some have cost him a premier QB and some have been to the point of being innocuous and making you wonder why he would bother to lie. But it's clear that his nature is that he feels completely comfortable being completely dishonest. He spent how much on FA RBs during the offseason and then he uses the 1.12 for a RB when his D-line couldn't start for a DI college? Then he burns a 1st rounder - DEN's 1st rounder, no less - not CHI's - to obtain a nickel CB? That's going to be a top 5 pick in next year's draft. He has sent very capable and competent players packing for no other reason than they were playing for the Shanahan regime. Now his method of dealing with Marshall is to piss Marshall off as much as possible.

This guy is a con man. He greatly overexaggerates his own confidence and his competence. But in this game you have to prove something on the field, and all he has proven so far is that he doesn't have a clue in regard to personnel, and then he dismisses anyone who would have the temerity to question any of his decisions.

I disagree with BB's dour assessment of Shanahan's skills. They guy had 2 losing seasons... ever.

I understand. Let me be candid. Shanahan is an O genius. He can X and O with the best of them. He runs a very successful and creative offense - even if he is incredibly conservative in the red zone. And his knack for plucking RB & O linemen plums from the trash in drafts is literally second to none.

But he has made some really, really bad draft and FA moves in the past decade and left almost nothing in the cupboard on the D side of the ball, where his drafting has given him players who can't even make special teams squad with other teams.

Shanahan the GM torpedoed Shanahan the HC.

I understand. Let me be candid. Shanahan is an O genius. He can X and O with the best of them. He runs a very successful and creative offense - even if he is incredibly conservative in the red zone. And his knack for plucking RB & O linemen plums from the trash in drafts is literally second to none.

But he has made some really, really bad draft and FA moves in the past decade and left almost nothing in the cupboard on the D side of the ball, where his drafting has given him players who can't even make special teams squad with other teams.

Shanahan the GM torpedoed Shanahan the HC.

If I had my choice between Shanahan, and a random name out of the hat of coaches in pro football... I would have taken Shanahan easy. There are a lot of teams that would take that chance.

If I had my choice between Shanahan, and a random name out of the hat of coaches in pro football... I would have taken Shanahan easy. There are a lot of teams that would take that chance.

Let's say I concede your point. Would you as a hypothetical NFL owner give Shanahan GM powers to allow him to coach your team?

If there is a Prima Donna in DEN, he sits right at the top.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Does'nt matter.

Listen, I think my boss is an H.R. Puffenstuff. I really do. But I show up for work every day and do what I'm told. And I make a hell of alot less money than Cutler or Marshall or probly less than the clown that carries the gatorade out on the field during a time out.

I don't blame the new guy for getting rid of Cutler. Matter of fact, Marshall should be suspended without pay until he learns the play book.

I'm watching the DEN/SEA game right now. I know it's just pre-season but a couple things stick out at me on the first DEN game (at SF) and this game:

1) The Denver run D has look OK. Not all-world, but OK.

2) Kyle Orton has looked absolutely clueless. He's staring down his receivers and not making good throws. He's throwing floaters when he should have some zip on the ball and throwing hard when he should be throwing a rainbow (the fade to the TE in the EZ).

Another thing - why in the world did they spend their first-rounder on Knowshawn when they had enough of a backfield and o-line for the present and they needed D help so badly? I have no dog in the DEN fight but they just look plain STUPID from where I sit. :wacko:

I'm watching the DEN/SEA game right now. I know it's just pre-season but a couple things stick out at me on the first DEN game (at SF) and this game:

1) The Denver run D has look OK. Not all-world, but OK.

2) Kyle Orton has looked absolutely clueless. He's staring down his receivers and not making good throws. He's throwing floaters when he should have some zip on the ball and throwing hard when he should be throwing a rainbow (the fade to the TE in the EZ).

Another thing - why in the world did they spend their first-rounder on Knowshawn when they had enough of a backfield and o-line for the present and they needed D help so badly? I have no dog in the DEN fight but they just look plain STUPID from where I sit. :wacko:

Orton was 6 for 8 on that first drive; he looked pretty good to me.

i thought on a few of his completions were fine passes... the others were either short passes, or his wr's made nice grabs. i wouldn't say he looked good.

Are you watching the game? If so, did you see the out to Scheffler in the end zone that was about 1 foot too low and had no zip on it? SEA's CB jumped the route and would have gone 100 yds the other way if the ball hadn't gone through his hands (and Scheffler almost made one hell of a catch of the tipped ball). That should have been a repeat of last week.

Orton still looks shaky.

Are you watching the game? If so, did you see the out to Scheffler in the end zone that was about 1 foot too low and had no zip on it? SEA's CB jumped the route and would have gone 100 yds the other way if the ball hadn't gone through his hands (and Scheffler almost made one hell of a catch of the tipped ball). That should have been a repeat of last week.

Orton still looks shaky.

That was the pass I was saying should have been the rainbow to give the big TE a chance at it and not the db. I'm watching the game because I was one of the guys who thought Orton could be top-15 or so, and maybe a dollar guy who would play above what he cost. After watching these games I'm not so sure. I want to see Simms again. :wacko: