[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time maagzine

I Like Soup

well, it sorta makes sense to me. yeah, it's as simple as calories in versus calories out. but exercise, by stoking hunger, tends to increase both. plus, depending on the kind of exercise you're doing, if you're adding muscle while burning fat, you may not be losing much (if any) weight.

as far as pure weight loss is concerned, I've always felt diet is the primary driver. but as far as overall health and wellness, exercise does the most good.

About 11 years ago I was pushing 270 (I'm 6'1"), had a nice gut and pretty much ate fast food and did little exercise. While I did cut down on the fast food, I've always been a big eater and that hasn't changed -- the key to my losing 40 lbs and keeping it off has been regular exercise. I walk or lift weights most days if I'm not doing something strenuous outside like landscaping. So in my experience, to say exercise does not help one lose weight is crap.

:wacko:

"How to be as thin as this book" by CN.

I could maybe get $3.95 for it...

:D

SNL had a bit about a "revolutionary new debt freedom program" - called "if you can't pay cash, don't buy it!"

"Here's the book...it's a one-sided pamphlet."

"Now, if I want something, but don't HAVE the money, can I charge it?"

"No, if you don't have the cash, don't buy it."

"How about if I BORROW the money from the bank to buy it?"

I'm not doing it justice, it should be out there on the Webnets.