[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals: Detroit vs. LA

Egret

After a 14 year absence, the Bad Boys are back in the Finals. While it's nice to see them there, I'm afraid their stay might be short-lived. I hope they can give LA a series.

Maybe their defense will frustrate Shaq, Kobe, the Glove, and Karl Malone. eek!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see how frustrated Kobe gets when he only has 16 points in each of the first two games. Shaq will have to do the damage for the Lakers. He is the only matchup that would give Detroit any problem. If you have watched the Western Conference over the last few years you would have seen Shaq abusing Rasheed.

I predict Darko to start and average 30 points a game in this serious shock to the world. A plan that Detroit has had brewing all season.

Egret:

After a 14 year absence, the Bad Boys are back in the Finals.  While it's nice to see them there, I'm afraid their stay might be short-lived.  I hope they can give LA a series.

Maybe their defense will frustrate Shaq, Kobe, the Glove, and Karl Malone. eek! 

This series is a cake walk. I don't know what sport they are playing in the Eastern Conference these days, but it ain't basketball. Lakers in 5, only because they will have a hiccup in game 4 with a 3-0 lead.

Down Goes Frazia:

LegFuJohnson:

Does anyone still (after another year of evidence) believe that home court advantage matters?

The lakers have not lost a game @ home this post-season. thinking

Yes I think it matters.

The Lakers are the best team in the league. They are more motivated to play at home. The T-Wolves had it, still couldn't beat the Lakers, Pacers had it, still couldn't beat the Pistons. No one thought Indiana was winning the title, even with the home court advantage all the way through. Please explain how it matters.

LegFuJohnson:

Down Goes Frazia:

LegFuJohnson:

Does anyone still (after another year of evidence) believe that home court advantage matters?

The lakers have not lost a game @ home this post-season. thinking

Yes I think it matters.

The Lakers are the best team in the league. They are more motivated to play at home. The T-Wolves had it, still couldn't beat the Lakers, Pacers had it, still couldn't beat the Pistons. No one thought Indiana was winning the title, even with the home court advantage all the way through. Please explain how it matters. It matters most when one team is noticeably better than another. In the case of the Lakers, I believe at this point they are a couple of notches above everyone else in the league. Detroit IMHO is the 7th best team in the league behind the top 6 Western conference teams. So in this case, the home court does matter. Lakers in 5.

Cyclones:

It matters most when one team is noticeably better than another. In the case of the Lakers, I believe at this point they are a couple of notches above everyone else in the league. Detroit IMHO is the 7th best team in the league behind the top 6 Western conference teams. So in this case, the home court does matter. Lakers in 5.

I'm sorry, that make no sense. It matters most when one team is noticeably better? If one team is noticeably better, then why would it matter? The better team would simply win, they always do. You are correct, the Lakers are above everyone else, which is exactly my point, the Lakers would beat anyone 4 out of 7, it doesn't matter who has the one extra home game. You've got the Lakers in 5? Do you think that the Pistons would win the series if they had home court advantage? If not, then how does it matter?

borge007:

Any team that has Shaq will win until an answer is found on how to stop him. Where is Tanya Harding when you need her? loco 

Playing for the Clippers. :D

My buddy from Ann Arbor just left Saturday night after being down here a week. I have grown to like the Pistons. Winning last night was the only chance they had to beat the Lakers. It gives them a shot. Don't think they'll pull it off, but cheering for them.

Grits and Shins:

borge007:

Any team that has Shaq will win until an answer is found on how to stop him. Where is Tanya Harding when you need her?    loco

He wasn't always a Laker ... and never made it to the finals until a Laker ... True-But he never had a teammate like Bryant. He has also matured and Jackson's not a bad coach. :D

I would love to see the Pistons win, but I don't see it happening... unless one of the Wallaces can shut down Kobe and the other can help with Shaq.

Detroit will send Elden Campbell, Okur, Williamson, and maybe even Hamm to foul away on Shaq. They will also attempt to play perimeter defense to stop the passes to Shaq in the post. They'll try the same defense they used to slow down the other O'Neal from Indiana.

If the Pistons can do that, they'll win in 6.

If they can't, Lakers in 5.

Grits and Shins:

He wasn't always a Laker ... and never made it to the finals until a Laker ...

that is incorrect there Blitzy smash ........ in '94-95 he went to the finals with the Magic..... Dennis Scott, Penny Hardaway & the boys. Only to get trounced by Hakeem the dream & Drexler in 4 games. lol

Shaq led the league in scoring that year @ 29 points per. They actually took out the Bulls (4-2) in the conference semi-finals WITH Jordan. It was during his comeback when he wore #45.

As for this series..... Lakers in 7. I DO like what the Pistons bring to the table on the defensive end...... but the Lakers play good D too..... and they've got the offensive guns that Detroit just doesn't have. To me the interesting wild card is Teyshaun Prince and whether Larry Brown will use him on Kobe. thinking

Everyone is hailing Phil Jackson if he passes Red on the all-time championship list...... but lets not forget about Larry Brown. He is one d*mn fine coach. thumbs_u

Bottom line for me though is the diesel..... he is so dominant in the post that I just don't see the Pistons being able to overcome it.

I am rooting for the Pistons heavy - I have grown to just detest the Lakers....like Chauncy Billups to step up even more than he has and even up with Kobe, and the def to frustrate Shaq... so it's Rip and Rasheed vs Malone and Payton (not by position, just impact)....I see Payton pressing and losing and Malone going overboard with the physical stuff and not having the right impact...

Man, as much as I don't want it to happen, gotta go with Lakers in 6

xMRogers:

I am rooting for the Pistons heavy - I have grown to just detest the Lakers....like Chauncy Billups to step up even more than he has and even up with Kobe, and the def to frustrate Shaq... so it's Rip and Rasheed vs Malone and Payton (not by position, just impact)....I see Payton pressing and losing and Malone going overboard with the physical stuff and not having the right impact...

Man, as much as I don't want it to happen, gotta go with Lakers in 6

man, i love chauncey (he was in my school's league in high school, and at CU the same time i was), but expecting him and kobe to play even-up is a bit optimistic.