[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals: Detroit vs. LA

Egret

The Lakers, as they are apt to, absolutely took the night off :mad: Jackson was outcoached coach and as a team the Showtime was turned to Slowtime by a excellant Piston Defense wall_bas Still say Lakers in 6. Remember Larry and the Answer won the 1st game in the Finals a few years back thinking

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meat Face:

Lakers in 4.

This is not homerism, because I'm not originally from CA nor have I ever rooted for the Lakers.  Just calling it how I see it.  I don't think Detroit can beat the Lakers at all.

oops! scratch that.

Well, I was hoping for a competitive series and I think we'll get it. Even though I find myself rooting for the Pistons, I do think the Lakers will prevail.

By the way, am I the only one that thinks the foul on Shaq for the three point play to make it a three point game was utter bullsh*t? Come on, Wallace standing there with his arms up and Shaq jumps into him..... wall_bas

No, I am not whining... loco

I hate the Lakers, for that matter I don't really like NBA basketball. I cheer for the Clips(I played against Elton Brand in high school) and the T-Pups(I saw KG play in HS). I think that it will be the Lakers in seven in OT. OT is the only time that home court really matters. I think that the Lake gets one in Detroit and Detroit takes game 6. Then the Shaq and Co.(note not Kobe and Co.) take game 7 in OT 101-97.

And one more question What the hell is up with Darko? He should be starting, that's the key to a Pistons series win.

lynch:

And one more question  What the hell is up with Darko? He should be starting, that's the key to a Pistons series win.

Darko: 1 rebound, 0-1 shooting (hit the edge of the backboard). That's what I remember seeing in his brief stint out there.

Meat Face:

Did anyone notice how the media made Luke Walton sound like a freaking god for a couple days?  Now look at him and his team....hahaha.

Did you watch game 2? :confused: The Lakers were getting beat down just like game one and game 3. When Luke came in he gave them needed energy and turned that game around for them. The media wants LA to win, Stern wants LA to win. Once Brown was able to account for Walton and how to attack him, he was exposed. Don't spout off that Walton is some chump who can't play ball. He's in the NBA and he's got pedigree and that's aldo something the media will drool over. coach

I just like the way the Pistons play ball. I truly believe they are playing over their heads right now, and it's because of LB, he's got them believeing right now. LA looks lost just like they did when SA wass handing it to them. If anyone can coach a team out of this it's PJ, but LB has counterpunched every time.

Pistons in 6 and stun the Laker faithful.

Hat Trick:

I just like the way the Pistons play ball. I truly believe they are playing over their heads right now, and it's because of LB, he's got them believeing right now. LA looks lost just like they did when SA wass handing it to them. If anyone can coach a team out of this it's PJ, but LB has counterpunched every time.

Pistons in 6 and stun the Laker faithful.

I respectfully disagree. This is a good basketball team. If you watched them in the regular season and in the previous playoff rounds, they played top notch defense throughout. This is not a fluke. Hamilton is a pure scorer, and they have enough big guys that they can put on Shaq that they don't have to worry about foul trouble. They are built to beat the Lakers IMO.

HUGH ONE:

Don't underestimate the East or the Pistons. This is a good basketball team. Pistons in 6.

brow

Hat Trick:

Meat Face:

Did anyone notice how the media made Luke Walton sound like a freaking god for a couple days?  Now look at him and his team....hahaha.

Did you watch game 2? :confused: The Lakers were getting beat down just like game one and game 3. When Luke came in he gave them needed energy and turned that game around for them. The media wants LA to win, Stern wants LA to win. Once Brown was able to account for Walton and how to attack him, he was exposed. Don't spout off that Walton is some chump who can't play ball. He's in the NBA and he's got pedigree and that's aldo something the media will drool over. coach That's what I'm saying, man. He was exposed big time.

coach

Hat Trick:

Meat Face:

Did you watch game 2? :confused: The Lakers were getting beat down just like game one and game 3. When Luke came in he gave them needed energy and turned that game around for them. The media wants LA to win, Stern wants LA to win. Once Brown was able to account for Walton and how to attack him, he was exposed. Don't spout off that Walton is some chump who can't play ball. He's in the NBA and he's got pedigree and that's aldo something the media will drool over. coach Well, there happens to be an article on either ESPN or CNNSI (can't find of course) that illustrates when a player comes out of nowhere to help a team win against Detroit (read: Luke Walton), that player has been shutdown the rest of the series. And it is concerning play in this year's playoffs.

My money is on Luke Walton not contributing like Game 2 the rest of the way out.