[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seventh Pick in 12 team no PPR

babe3927

This league is no PPR. 12 teams. Qb 4pts TD/-2pts int. 1pt=20yds

Re/Ru 6pts TD/ 1pt=10 yds

We start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D

This league is $500 money league. Very competitive. Always has been RB heavy and early.

This year to me looks like I should grab WRs early since there is a lack of elite talent out there. Which

means possibly first 2 picks. There seems to be more Rbs late this year with RBBC.

I know I need to see what is available at the time but does say Fitz or A. Johnson have more value than say Chris Johnson or D. Williams at the seventh pick. And does say Jennings or White have more value than say Westbrook or Slaton at the 18th pick.

Am I screwing myself by going WR/WR. And if Brees or Brady is available at 18 should I grab one of them?

I hate the seventh pick. I haven't found a rthym yet and I've done alot of mocks from this position.

That's why I've come to you all for advice. I'll take as much as you can.

Edited by babe3927

This league is $500 money league. Very competitive. Always has been RB heavy and early.

This year to me looks like I should grab WRs early since there is a lack of elite talent out there. Which

means possibly first 2 picks. There seems to be more Rbs late this year with RBBC.

I know I need to see what is available at the time but does say Fitz or A. Johnson have more value than say Chris Johnson or D. Williams at the seventh pick. And does say Jennings or White have more value than say Westbrook or Slaton at the 18th pick.

Am I screwing myself by going WR/WR. And if Brees or Brady is available at 18 should I grab one of them?

I hate the seventh pick. I haven't found a rthym yet and I've done alot of mocks from this position.

That's why I've come to you all for advice.

In a non ppr does Fitz and AJ have more value than Chris Johnson or DeAngelo? No

" " " " Jennings/White have more value than Westbrook or Slaton at the 18th? NO

If Brees or Brady is available at 18 do you go with them? NO not at 4pts/tds

I would go with DeAngelo @ 7 and Slaton @ 18 if possible. In the 3rd I'd go WR with maybe White or Jennings which I think you can get from the 7th spot in the 3rd. In the 4th I'd try for another WR in maybe TJ Housh or Ocho. (but it really depends on the flow and trends of the draft.) Obviously if a RB falls to the 4th that you didn't expect to be there then you gotta grab them. With 4pt tds I would not grab a QB until rounds 5-7 aiming for Rodgers, Romo, McNabb or Schaub. In the 6-7 I'd target a TE like Clark or Olsen. Good Luck winning that cash!!

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292461

in a no PPR league I would go RB and maybe WR if you can't get a true full time starting RB

What's your thoughts on westbrook this year? Will he be totally recovered and the main RB or will he lose alot of touches. I've noticed him going late second round.

I personally had the 7th pick in a 12 man competitive league (Non PPR) and was able to land Stephen Jackson and turned around and grabbed Randy Moss on the way back down. I felt like I couldn't have done any better. I'm a huge Eagles fan and with the addition of McCoy who is a Westbrook clone and very very talented I could easily see Westbrook seeing less touches to keep him healthy. Philly didn't bring McCoy in to ride the pine and then throw him in there when Westbrook gets hurt. That was a less talented Buckhalter's role. JMO! The addition of Vick doesn't help Westy either. In an already minor injury plagued pre-season they will do everything possbible to keep Westbrook healthy all year.

McCoy will be this years Ray Rice but only with more playing time.

What's your thoughts on westbrook this year? Will he be totally recovered and the main RB or will he lose alot of touches. I've noticed him going late second round.
Edited by BIGBOY08

We've got the 7th pick for WCOFF, so this is a subject that has been explored in extreme depth. Main difference is that WCOFF is a PPR league.

First off, very little chance Slaton is there in the 2nd. He is generally going anywehre from 6-10 in leagues, maybe slightly lower in non-PPR leagues.

Very little chance I could advocate a WR in the first in a non-PPR, especially a league where you only have to start 2. Essentially WRs have minimal value in this setup.

A DWilliams, CJohnson, LT, SJax etc. in the first followed by a Calvin Johnson/Wayne type or a Portis type RB in the second is a good foundation. Just go BPA from there on out. Wait on QB, you only start one.

That's why I've come to you all for advice. I'll take as much as you can.

Drew Brees if you can get him.

We've got the 7th pick for WCOFF, so this is a subject that has been explored in extreme depth. Main difference is that WCOFF is a PPR league.

First off, very little chance Slaton is there in the 2nd. He is generally going anywehre from 6-10 in leagues, maybe slightly lower in non-PPR leagues.

Very little chance I could advocate a WR in the first in a non-PPR, especially a league where you only have to start 2. Essentially WRs have minimal value in this setup.

A DWilliams, CJohnson, LT, SJax etc. in the first followed by a Calvin Johnson/Wayne type or a Portis type RB in the second is a good foundation. Just go BPA from there on out. Wait on QB, you only start one.

Thank you for the advice. I've done a lot more mocks trying out RB/RB and waiting for my receivers until 3/4 rounds and have liked the results. I was actually surprised by the results and who is still available at WR in those rounds. Of course it's not my real draft and everything will change. But it's

encouraging. I also agree that waiting for my QB is a smart idea unless of course Brees is available in the 4th round, lol.

I'm not sold on Portis this year. Not really sure why, just a feeling. I've been mock drafting P. Thomas as my second pick. Do you think that's too early for him?