[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Non-PPR, keeper league

Rayders

We keep three and I have kept, Steve Slaton, Ryan Grant, and Steve Smith (Car). I have the first pick in the draft. Available to me will be either Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, Pierre Thomas, DeAngelo Williams, Frank Gore and Calvin Johnson. Which strategy would you use? I could draft another strong RB, but we only start two. We also start 1QB and two WR's.

We are a 10 man league. I'm leaning towards a strong WR, but I think their will be a tier two WR left with my 2nd pick. Recently, I started thinking maybe I should grab a tier 1 quarterback. In other leagues it would be the equivalent of taking a tier 1 QB in the 4th round. Our scoring leans heavily on TD's.

Any thoughts?

We keep three and I have kept, Steve Slaton, Ryan Grant, and Steve Smith (Car). I have the first pick in the draft. Available to me will be either Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning, Pierre Thomas, DeAngelo Williams, Frank Gore and Calvin Johnson. Which strategy would you use? I could draft another strong RB, but we only start two. We also start 1QB and two WR's.

We are a 10 man league. I'm leaning towards a strong WR, but I think their will be a tier two WR left with my 2nd pick. Recently, I started thinking maybe I should grab a tier 1 quarterback. In other leagues it would be the equivalent of taking a tier 1 QB in the 4th round. Our scoring leans heavily on TD's.

Any thoughts?

Gotta see the full scoring for QBs, RBs, and WRs to give the best advice. There are many options for you but the scoring will dictate what to do. Right now I'm leaning to DeAngelo especially with Jonathan Stewart's nagging Achilles. Gore would be a close 2nd. You could always trade a guy like Ryan Grant or Slaton for a top WR like AJ or Moss. I think if you started out with Slaton, Grant , Williams and Steve Smith you would still be good at WR. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292461

Edited by Asskickas

Gotta see the full scoring for QBs, RBs, and WRs to give the best advice. There are many options for you but the scoring will dictate what to do. Right now I'm leaning to DeAngelo especially with Jonathan Stewart's nagging Achilles. Gore would be a close 2nd. You could always trade a guy like Ryan Grant or Slaton for a top WR like AJ or Moss. I think if you started out with Slaton, Grant , Williams and Steve Smith you would still be good at WR. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=292461

6 pts pass/rush/rec td

1 pt 50 yd/rush 3pt 100 yd/rush

3pts 300 yd/passing

1pt 50/yd rec and 3 pt 100 yd/rec

no points per reception

I have a bad feeling when I take a RB and WR from the same team. Odds are better that only one of them has a decent game or neither do( 2 out of 3), then they both do(1 out of 3). Maybe its crazy but it's never panned out well for me in the past, if it doesn't bother you I'd probably take Williams.

I'm leaning, however, towards Manning or Johnson. If you took Manning, about who would be left for your next WR pick? Also the opposite, if you take Johnson, what range of QBs would you be looking at when it comes back to you? I'm thinking you will drop further in QB value if you pass on Manning than you'll drop in WR value if you pass on Calvin.

I have a bad feeling when I take a RB and WR from the same team. Odds are better that only one of them has a decent game or neither do( 2 out of 3), then they both do(1 out of 3). Maybe its crazy but it's never panned out well for me in the past, if it doesn't bother you I'd probably take Williams.

I'm leaning, however, towards Manning or Johnson. If you took Manning, about who would be left for your next WR pick? Also the opposite, if you take Johnson, what range of QBs would you be looking at when it comes back to you? I'm thinking you will drop further in QB value if you pass on Manning than you'll drop in WR value if you pass on Calvin.

Everything's changed. Another guy in the league did not keep Adrian Peterson. Looks like that's who I will be picking up. He kept D. Williams, Matt Forte, and Anquan Boldin. Not sure what his thinking was, but I'll be glad to take AP.