[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riffraff

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did not like it much. I kept looking at my watch wondering how much longer do I have to sit here. Both my kids as we were leaving the movie looked at me like, " can we have those 2 hours of our lives back, please Dad?"

When we got home we loaded the shotguns and killed a bunch of crows and magpies. We are much happier now.

Edited by Missoula Griz

I just did not like it much. I kept looking at my watch wondering how much longer do I have to sit here. Both my kids as we were leaving the movie looked at me like, " can we have those 2 hours of our lives back, please Dad?"

When we got home we loaded the shotguns and killed a bunch of crows and magpies. We are much happier now.

It's hardly any wonder a movie based on love of nature would fail to appeal to you. :wacko:

I saw the 3d version. The story was ridiculous at best and extremely predictable. It could have just was well been title "Pocahontas in Space".

The special effects however were simply unreal. I honestly flinched a couple of times. Seriously, I felt like I was part of the film. It was incredible.

I saw the 3d version. The story was ridiculous at best and extremely predictable. It could have just was well been title "Pocahontas in Space".

The special effects however were simply unreal. I honestly flinched a couple of times. Seriously, I felt like I was part of the film. It was incredible.

this pretty much sums the movie up....it wasn't exactly original in storyline....but was groundbreaking in other areas...

regardless, I will be buying the movie on Blu-ray day 1...

Very well done . . saw it in 2-d , now I plan to go see it in 3-d.

of course . . my local movie theatre serves food and drinks during dinner . . . maybe being half drunk helped?

you ain't seen nuthin yet

I had huge expectations for this movie but ended up being disapointed. The movie was WAY too long. They could have made a great 2 hour movie without all that pointless extra storyline than a 3 hour when is this going to be over movie. If it wasn't for 3D this movie would have absolutely sucked, I feel bad for anyone who didn't see it in 3D.

Edited by Flip_Side

I had huge expectations for this movie but ended up being disapointed. The movie was WAY too long. They could have made a great 2 hour movie without all that pointless extra storyline than a 3 hour when is this going to be over movie. If it wasn't for 3D this movie would have absolutely sucked, I feel bad for anyone who didn't see it in 3D.

you obviously saw a different movie than I did.

Anyone see both the IMAX 3D and the digital 3D version?

Liked one better than the other?

Same thing just IMAX version is on a bigger screen?

I saw the 3D version last week and I'm going to see the IMAX 3D tomorrow. I'll let you know my take. First movie I've seen in a while where I was afraid to go to the restroom for fear of missing something awesome. Plot is kind of blah but it's visually stunning.

I'm definitely seeing this movie this week!!!

Finally saw it today in 3D, and the effects are truly awe-inspiring. The plot is Dances With Wolves meets Star Wars, but I was still thoroughly entertained. I'll probably see it again to catch some of the details I missed this time.