[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens backfield

Flip_Side

The Raven backfield is a bit of a mess, but I am not sure how you define "late round" pick. He should go in the middle rounds and I see him having a very good upside and worth the chance IF you don't reach too soon for him.

Edited by TDFFFreak

in the mocks I did over the weekend, Rice went as early as the 4th. While that may be early, there's almost no chance he lasts past the 7th. I have a feeling McGahee in the 11th might offer more value

If you're in the late rounds of your draft and he's still there, grab him quickly. Rice is the starter, but he's being described as a 20/20 guy. Meaning he'll do the heavy lifting between the 20s and let someone else - probably McClain do the short yardage work near the goal line. If that is the case - and no one will know for certain until the regular season - he'll still be a decent low RB2/RB3 because he can rack up yds both rushing and catching.

Rice's ADP is currently running around 71, meaning he's being taken off the boards on average around the end of the 6th round. If you plan on waiting until the late rounds for him, you ought to plan on missing out on him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think McGahee will get the majority of the red zone work and McClain may just get the ball at the 1 yard line or on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. McGahee has been a pleasant surprise at camp thus far and is playing for a new contract. It would not surprise me to see McGahee end up with 8-10 TDs if he is motivated.

The way i see the Ravens back field is that every other week one of the 3 is going to have a monster day, by monster i'm talking 100yds plus TD or 60yrds 2TD not over 100yrds with multiple TD's that being said if you are in a league that picks your line up after games have played they all have great value where they are being drafted. But if you need to put one of them in your line up prior to the game being played it is going be like rushing runlet roulette.

McGahee has looked much stronger than I anticipated but with his injury history that could turn on a dime. Maybe I'm completely wrong here but my read on the situation is that McClain is moving to more of a pure FB.

I was targeting Rice but I missed out. Rice has the goods but it looks like a full blown RBBC so his pricetag is a bit much. I took a chance on McGahee with a 10th rounder.

The way i see the Ravens back field is that every other week one of the 3 is going to have a monster day, by monster i'm talking 100yds plus TD or 60yrds 2TD not over 100yrds with multiple TD's that being said if you are in a league that picks your line up after games have played they all have great value where they are being drafted. But if you need to put one of them in your line up prior to the game being played it is going be like rushing runlet roulette.

Now that's just silly. Where's the fun/challenge in that? Part of the emotion in FF is having to make that last minute decision and in some casing celebrating after a MN game when you won by .8 points cause you chose the right guy but also wanting to crawl under the covers other weeks after losing by 2 points and doing so because you left that one key player on the bench.

IMO, Rice is goig to be the main this year. I have Rice as my 20th ranked RB. I can see him getting close to 1,000 yards rushing 6 TDs. 40 receptions 330 rec yards and 1 TD.

McGahee will be brought in to give Rice a breather and may work inside the 10s. McClain will be the FB/GL guy/short yardage guy. I think McGahee has the least value.

Now that's just silly. Where's the fun/challenge in that? Part of the emotion in FF is having to make that last minute decision and in some casing celebrating after a MN game when you won by .8 points cause you chose the right guy but also wanting to crawl under the covers other weeks after losing by 2 points and doing so because you left that one key player on the bench.

IMO, Rice is goig to be the main this year. I have Rice as my 20th ranked RB. I can see him getting close to 1,000 yards rushing 6 TDs. 40 receptions 330 rec yards and 1 TD.

McGahee will be brought in to give Rice a breather and may work inside the 10s. McClain will be the FB/GL guy/short yardage guy. I think McGahee has the least value.

the fun comes from drafting - i'm in several draft only leagues ,, i dont use them to replace FF but as a compliment when i need a draft fix and i cant get that in mocks. I'm in (12) twelve leagues this year and (3) of them are draft only. plus i'm in one that is a survivor league that is draft only but that lowest points total each week is eliminated ,, only mentioning because there is an opening ,, small dollar $100.00 here is a link http://www18.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/37523