[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Jackson for Calvin Johnson (Trade)

BIGBOY08

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they do......simply put...Although I drafted Sjax high im not sold on his ability to stay healthy in an offense that doesn't have that many weapons. Avery is nice but he's about all they have outside of SJax. He's expected to see 300+ carries this year. I'll roll the dice on him not being healthy the entire year for a guy the caliber of MEGATRON! Calvin did what he did last year with an injured Kevin Smith in and out of line-up and no true Number 2. They now have Northcutt, Bryant Johnson, B. Pettigrew and a healthy Kevin Smith to take the pressure off of defenses keying in on him. I like his potential no matter who's at QB between Stafford or Culpepper. (Culpepper prefferably). Not too mention there's a new OC in in town that happened to be the OC for Moss and Culpepper in Minn. These are the things I consider when making a move like this. There's more to it than Hell no and you have weak RB's. No mentioning of trading WR's or anything to get a mediocre RB to offset the loss of Stephen if he blows up. To me this is research you do when you're competitive! JMO!

So you ask what has changed Sjax value...The fact that I was able to land Ray Rice for Chris Henry and Burleson..The fact that I have LenDale who is a TD machine and I play in a TD driven league. The fact that I have McGahee and Jamal Lewis on my bench and Jamals hancuff...Sjax is expendable at that point for a Tier 1 WR. Let me say it again....I have 5 WR spots and can only play 3 RB's. Cuts out the stress of start/bench on a weekly basis.

So what you are saying is that nothing has changed. SJax's value is the exact same it was at the time you drafted him, as is Calvin's. If your team is stronger now with Calvin in it, it would have been stronger at the time you drafted had you just taken Calvin.

Exactly...I would have taken CJ had I known Moss was going to be available? I would have never drafted Jackson.

So what you are saying is that nothing has changed. SJax's value is the exact same it was at the time you drafted him, as is Calvin's. If your team is stronger now with Calvin in it, it would have been stronger at the time you drafted had you just taken Calvin.

How so? Can you elaborate on how my season is ruined because I obtain CJ vs. SJ! If bench points mattered maybe so. RB and WR points are the same 6 per TD and 1 per 10yds. The days of one guy making the difference in winning a league are long gone especially RB's. RBBC has taken over in the NFL. It's about creating a monster and moving table scrabs and depth to get that missing link. In my case im 5 wide and loving it. This is 12man league with 20 roster spots. Someone will come knocking soon to make some upgrades. I'm a tier 3 RB (Barber, Slaton, Jacobs, P. Thomas, R. Grant, Ronnie Brown, Kevin Smith, Westbrook, Mc Fadden, etc) away from being unstoppable. I'm workin deals as we speak. I could lose both Coles and Ginn for one of those guys and it's a wrap.....My new team name will be MURDER INC. Back to the grind!

I think you may have ruined your season before it even started.

Why come here looking for advice when you're just going to dismiss countering opinions? I, as well as others, feel you made a mistake. It's your team. Do what you want. It's all a guess at this point. But I wouldn't trade a first round pick for a second at this stage.

I hope it works out for you.

Sorry, I was late to this party. You have already made your decision. For me, I wouldn't of traded Jackson for Johnson for a couple of reasons.

Your RB are very week. They are like a 5 to 6 tier RB's. You needed a solid foundation at running back and Jackson you had it. Jackson is the healthiest he has been in years, he will be the main focal point of the offense in rushing, receiving and TD's. Anybody can get hurt at any time. If you thought he was injury prone, why did you take him in the first place.

To be honest, with the 7th pick you, or whatever you drafted Jackson, you should of drafted Moss or even Fitzgerald, and you definitely would have gotten Calvin Johnson on the turnaround.. The top 3 WR's were Fitz, AJ and Moss.

But, you are confident you did the right thing, and if you are comfortable with your decision, it doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is, except your own.

Good luck this season.

My draft is Thursday.

5 or 6 Tier RB's are you serious? My customized Huddle sheet says otherwise along with every other article written on the home page. For the most part those guys dont miss on much. Fitz is Warner getting hit in the hip from being worthless. $100 bucks says Warner doesn't make it all season with that bum hip. I've been doing this long enough to know what you start with is usually not what you finish with when it comes to FF. I'll be fine. Essentially were all here asking for advice for the same reason so to crown ones opinion is silly. If we all knew how it was gonna shake out there would be no point in drafting and playing. the silly part about this entire deal is if both teams involved were to be post the majority would say neither of us should be making the trade because that was his best WR he now will rely on C. henry and Bureleson for WR production.

Good Luck to all!

Sorry, I was late to this party. You have already made your decision. For me, I wouldn't of traded Jackson for Johnson for a couple of reasons.

Your RB are very week. They are like a 5 to 6 tier RB's. You needed a solid foundation at running back and Jackson you had it. Jackson is the healthiest he has been in years, he will be the main focal point of the offense in rushing, receiving and TD's. Anybody can get hurt at any time. If you thought he was injury prone, why did you take him in the first place.

To be honest, with the 7th pick you, or whatever you drafted Jackson, you should of drafted Moss or even Fitzgerald, and you definitely would have gotten Calvin Johnson on the turnaround.. The top 3 WR's were Fitz, AJ and Moss.

But, you are confident you did the right thing, and if you are comfortable with your decision, it doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is, except your own.

Good luck this season.

My draft is Thursday.

Double Agent.......So you wouldn't trade Chris Johnson which was a 1st Rd pick in my league for say someone like Randy Moss who went in the 2nd. I hope to God you would!

Why come here looking for advice when you're just going to dismiss countering opinions? I, as well as others, feel you made a mistake. It's your team. Do what you want. It's all a guess at this point. But I wouldn't trade a first round pick for a second at this stage.

I hope it works out for you.

Double Agent.......So you wouldn't trade Chris Johnson which was a 1st Rd pick in my league for say someone like Randy Moss who went in the 2nd. I hope to God you would!

Depends.. what has changed in the situations of the players that would lead this owner in question to believe that his choice of Chris Johnson... when Moss was available to him at the pick, is now no longer the more valuable player?

Essentially the same question you keep avoiding about SJax.

If you will note, I have yet to comment on the trade.

I want to know what has hapened to the players' situations from the time you drafted to now that has changed their value in your opinion.

At the time of your draft, you clearly felt SJax had more value than either Moss or Calvin Johnson, as by your own admission in post 21 within this thread, "you always draft for value".

Yet, here you are now stating that Calvin Johnson is a more valauable player than SJax in your league. I am assuming that your lineup requirements and scoring system (the key drivers of player value) did not change post-draft, so the only logical conclusion at this point is that there has been some change in the players situations that has made you believe that SJax is no longer more valuable than Calvin Johnson.

I am interested in what this situational change is, not just for insight into your logic in regards to this trade, but because I am unaware of anything in the last several weeks that would have affected the values of these particular players, and if there has been some situational change (ie injury, one of them lost their starting job, etc.) that I am unaware of, it would certainly be valuable information, not just to me, but to the boards as a whole.

Was hoping somone would offer some sound advice with facts, stats etc....Simplehell no's and your weak at RB do me no good without any justification. Just a bunch of opinions tossed around if there's nothing factual to back it up.

It's a done deal now.

Your RB's stink. Did you know that when it gets colder (playoff time) WR's productivity usually takes a hit and the RB's are the ones that end up leading you to fantasy titles?

Either way...you seem like you should be GIVING us advice instead of asking for it. If you were looking for a pat on the back...you won't get one here.

Edited by LayLow

If I wanted Moss over Johnson, I would have drafted him first. I don't really get your reasoning. Why draft a player ahead of another...and then trade for the player you could have just drafted in his place? If we were into the season I can understand this. But the season hasn't started yet.

Like BC asked...what has happened to change your opinion of SJax?

Double Agent & Lay Low.....You're right...I'm wrong...I'm sure you guys have done nothing but win FF Titles year in and year out. The fact that you wouldnt take Moss for Chris Johnson tells me alot. Moss is gonna break off 15+ TD's and well over 1300 yds. Randy did 1000yds and 11 TD's without BRADY! AJ is no Randy Moss by far.....Better QB Better WR. Good Day!

And to answer your question about trading Chris Johnson for Moss...no, I wouldn't at this stage. Would you trade MJD or AD for Andre Johnson?
Edited by BIGBOY08

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time

I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown

I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line

I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me

As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President

so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright

but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA

they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Laylow you're right....My RB's aren't the greatest but dem WR is something to write home to ya momma about! You hit the nail on the head...With BS advice you throw my way...I should be giving your ass advice.....I don't need your pat on the back! No homo!

Your RB's stink. Did you know that when it gets colder (playoff time) WR's productivity usually takes a hit and the RB's are the ones that end up leading you to fantasy titles?

Either way...you seem like you should be GIVING us advice instead of asking for it. If you were looking for a pat on the back...you won't get one here.

LEAGUECHAMP...what's good man! Long time no hear...Glad to see your back! :-)

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time

I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown

I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line

I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me

As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President

so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright

but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA

they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

BigBoy,

You ask the forum for advice, and people responded. They overwhelmingly agreed that they thought the trade was bad for you. You asked for advice, you got it - the fact that you chose to ignore it is irrelevant. But instead of just accepting the answers you received and thanking those who answered, or, maybe, politely disagreeing with them, you got angry that they didn't support your desired position. Why ask for advice if you don't want to hear it? You then proceeded to condescendingly treat every advice giver like they're some idiot compared to you, even when they DID give you logical reasons behind their comments like I did. These forums are for questions, discussions, and debates, not just sarcastic remarks. If this is how you take the advice you ask for, I guarantee I won't ever offer my opinion on a topic of yours again, and I have a feeling that others who generously offered their opinions won't either.

WAIT A MINUTE... I just figured it out. This is a trick question.

In a heartbeat I would trade Stephen Jackson for Calvin Johnson for my fantasy football league. Stephen plays for the Warriors (that;s the NBA for those that don;t know). So, he's not giving up the runninback for the Rams like we were assuming, he is giving up the disgruntled :wacko: Warriors shooting guard for one of the better wide receivers.

Man BIGBOY, why didn't you just clear that up rather than play these games?

could careless....it wasn't very valueable anyways...Good Day!

quote name='femmefootball' date='9/2/09 11:01pm' post='2919572']

BigBoy,

You ask the forum for advice, and people responded. They overwhelmingly agreed that they thought the trade was bad for you. You asked for advice, you got it - the fact that you chose to ignore it is irrelevant. But instead of just accepting the answers you received and thanking those who answered, or, maybe, politely disagreeing with them, you got angry that they didn't support your desired position. Why ask for advice if you don't want to hear it? You then proceeded to condescendingly treat every advice giver like they're some idiot compared to you, even when they DID give you logical reasons behind their comments like I did. These forums are for questions, discussions, and debates, not just sarcastic remarks. If this is how you take the advice you ask for, I guarantee I won't ever offer my opinion on a topic of yours again, and I have a feeling that others who generously offered their opinions won't either.

I just want to add that to mention the league is trending toward a RBBC league and then trade away a top RB who is NOT in a RBBC offense and is clearly the focal point of the offense (Good or Bad) is amazing to me. Not to mention the Rams schedule. Your drop in value from Jackson to the next best starting RB on your roster is much greater than CJ to your next best WR on your roster (or even a waiver wire pick-up). That is the way you should be thinking. Calvin may ultimately put up better numbers than Jackson, but will still impact your team on a point differential basis. It is players like you who clearly think of having the BEST WRs and not an all around solid line=up is what could hinder your performance in any league.

Double Agent & Lay Low.....You're right...I'm wrong...I'm sure you guys have done nothing but win FF Titles year in and year out. The fact that you wouldnt take Moss for Chris Johnson tells me alot. Moss is gonna break off 15+ TD's and well over 1300 yds. Randy did 1000yds and 11 TD's without BRADY! AJ is no Randy Moss by far.....Better QB Better WR. Good Day!

LOL

There is a reason why my friends CALL ME Boni-Fantasy...it is because I rarely EVER finish LOWER then 3rd in ANY league. So your post IS correct. Double Agent and I are right and you are wrong because we win FF titles year in and year out. :wacko: