[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Question

dp4lsu

I have several questions about draft strategies. First, I have the 3rd pick in my draft. I also play in a keeper league. Michael Turner and Matt Forte are off the board as keepers. It looks as if most owners go after RB's early and often. But in my league QB's can be used as flex players, because of that I am not sure where to place to most importance in the early rounds QB or RB. BTW, last year I had the 1st overall pick and took Brady, needless to say I had a very bad year. Should I take the best available RB or QB with the third pick? In desperate need of advice

I have several questions about draft strategies. First, I have the 3rd pick in my draft. I also play in a keeper league. Michael Turner and Matt Forte are off the board as keepers. It looks as if most owners go after RB's early and often. But in my league QB's can be used as flex players, because of that I am not sure where to place to most importance in the early rounds QB or RB. BTW, last year I had the 1st overall pick and took Brady, needless to say I had a very bad year. Should I take the best available RB or QB with the third pick? In desperate need of advice

Never, ever take a qB with your first round pick unless the scoring is extremely heavily weighted for passing TD's. WashingtonD will certainly chime in on this if he's around....

First off, who is YOUR keeper? And could you list the other keepers off the board? Who do you think will be there at 1.3? Scoring is also a good idea to list.

Edited by tazinib1

Never, ever take a qB with your first round pick unless the scoring is extremely heavily weighted for passing TD's. Big Country will certainly chime in on this if he's around....

First off, who is YOUR keeper? And could you list the other keepers off the board? Who do you think will be there at 1.3? Scoring is also a good idea to list.

My keeper is Boldin and the other keepers are listed below

1. Wolfgang Puck - keeper Michael Turner

2. Black Label - keeper Joe Flacco

3. Crystal Balls - keeper Anquan Boldin

4. Senb - keeper Matt Ryan

5. Jersey Jesters - keeper Chris Johnson

6. Homewreckers - keeper Roddy White

7. Amarillo Slim - keeper Gregg Jennings

8. Balls to the Wall - keeper Matt Schaub

9. Orange Crush - keeper Steve Slaton ( I expect him to change his keeper to Forte)

10. Grim Reeper - keeper Roy Williams

11. Ecksters - keeper Deangelo Williams

12. Sut's Sluts - keeper Kurt Warner

not a ppr league but qb's get six for td's and -2 for int.

Never, ever take a qB with your first round pick unless the scoring is extremely heavily weighted for passing TD's. WashingtonD will certainly chime in on this if he's around....

More important than the scoring is the number of starters... in this case, it is one, but QBs can also be used at the flex, which generally boosts their value a lot.

Is Boldin your best option as a keeper? With no-PPR, WRs will certainly take a hit in value. What are lineup requirements?

More important than the scoring is the number of starters... in this case, it is one, but QBs can also be used at the flex, which generally boosts their value a lot.

Is Boldin your best option as a keeper? With no-PPR, WRs will certainly take a hit in value. What are lineup requirements?

Keeper must have been drafted after the 4th round. Boldin was my highest scorer from the category. My other options would be Norwood (ATL) or Jamaal Lewis, but neither scored well last year.

1 qb

2 rb

3 wr ( can be te or wr)

1 flex (qb, rb or wr)

1 k

1 d

wr scoring 6 pt for td, 1 pt for every 10 yards receiving, 5 bonus pt over 100 yds receiving