[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deangelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart

hosting-33

Anyone seriously concerned about Jonathan Stewart? He's had plenty of time (not just camp) to recover from this, and is still out. I have the #2 slot in our redraft league, I don't see any reason to reach for Williams, but if I was sitting at 4 or 5, I might take hiim over some of the other names out there. In our league, I would expect him to go middle to late first with Stewart healthy, but now I am wondering if he could be the workhorse this year (which is also scary good and scary bad)...any thoughts?

In my opinion, anyone who is still holding out hope for JStew to be productive or cut into DWill's numbers just doesn't 'get it'. DWill is the guy in CAR unless he gets hurt. JStew will be a non-factor this season.

Stewart will be maybe more of a factor for the offense overall, but I don;t see any reason to downgrade DWill. Maybe next year or the year after when it's time for CAR to consider resigning DWill or letting him walk...

In my opinion, anyone who is still holding out hope for JStew to be productive or cut into DWill's numbers just doesn't 'get it'. DWill is the guy in CAR unless he gets hurt. JStew will be a non-factor this season.

Not sure I agree with that sentiment, Brent. part of the reason DWill was so explosive last year was the fact that he was spelled by a very capable #2. Even while he was having his monster 2008 campaign, Williams often gave way to Stewart for several series a game.

Not sure why they'd re-invent the wheel....i doubt Fox wants to overwork DWill so long as there is a healthy Stewart in the wings.

The key is, or course, Stew's health.

Anyone seriously concerned about Jonathan Stewart? He's had plenty of time (not just camp) to recover from this, and is still out. I have the #2 slot in our redraft league, I don't see any reason to reach for Williams, but if I was sitting at 4 or 5, I might take hiim over some of the other names out there. In our league, I would expect him to go middle to late first with Stewart healthy, but now I am wondering if he could be the workhorse this year (which is also scary good and scary bad)...any thoughts?

If I had the #1 pick, I would take D-Will. Carolina's OL is built for run-blocking and there is no reason to think he will drop off from last season. My local draft, I had pick #4 and was ecstatic he fell to me. Thank god for cheat sheets, top 3 were set in stone with no thought, ADP, MJD, Turner.

Edited by jetsfan

I think the bottom line is, whatever the status of stewart pro or con, deangelo is going to get as many touches as he can handle and/or the coaching staff thinks he can handle. doesn't guarantee a repeat of what he did last year, but if he falters it won't be for lack of opportunity. he is a solid first rounder any way you slice it.

I think the bottom line is, whatever the status of stewart pro or con, deangelo is going to get as many touches as he can handle and/or the coaching staff thinks he can handle. doesn't guarantee a repeat of what he did last year, but if he falters it won't be for lack of opportunity. he is a solid first rounder any way you slice it.

This is essentially what I was trying to convey. JStew may be a factor if his achilles holds up, but he won't affect (or effect?) DWill's opportunities at all.

:wacko:

I can't wait until Stew blows up. You all know that I'm gonna toot the freaken horn extremely loudly....right?

I know you can't wait but we can. anyway It's not happenning this year.

Very pleased DWilliams fell to 1.06 to me in Primetime. I felt he was a Top 3 guy.

I burnt my 1st and 8th round pick in my keeper league to get DWilliams (the dude had Peterson and Turner so was a modest trade for him). Even if he does half as well as he did last year, he will still provide a consistent point catcher, week in and week out.

Hard to believe Williams fell to 23rd pick in some real drafts "expect" ones and 18th in others.

I traded up 2 spots to take him at 2.06 in the BOTH BcS League (IDP) 2 weeks ago. He looks pretty sweet paired with Matt Forte... :wacko: