[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge signs with Seattle

budlitebrad

Per PFT :wacko:

A league source tells us the ten-year pro has agreed to terms with the Seattle Seahawks.

Per the source, it's a one-year, $2 million deal.

Could be a nice late round pickup depending on what kinda shape he's in....

....or it could just make an already suspect RBBC even more worthless.

Edited by budlitebrad

Per PFT :wacko:

Could be a nice late round pickup depending on what kinda shape he's in....

....or it could just make an already suspect RBBC even more worthless.

Late round like LAST round!! The Edge hasn't been himself ever since he left Indy..

Think Kevin Jones in Chicago last year. Or Shaun Alexander in Washington last year.

James is 31 years old and hasn't rushed for over 4 yards per carry since 2005. When Tim Hightower looks better than you do, it is time to pack it in.

Think Kevin Jones in Chicago last year. Or Shaun Alexander in Washington last year.

James is 31 years old and hasn't rushed for over 4 yards per carry since 2005. When Tim Hightower looks better than you do, it is time to pack it in.

or think emmitt smith his last 3 or 4 seasons as he held on to suck away the all-time rushing title from its rightful holder. :wacko:

ok, maybe edge isn't quite that used up.

As a Seahawks fan I am happy to see another RB get picked up, regardless of who it is. I wish we would make a trade and go after some future talent though.

As a fantasy football player, I am staying away from the Seahawks backfield. The only Seahawks I'll draft (assuming appropriate value) are Hasselbeck, Housh, Carlson, and MAYBE I'll take Burleson in the last couple of rounds as an upside sleeper. That's it.

Seahawks homer here. I'm not sure if I should be pleased about this announcement or not. Edge just turned 31 this month and he's perhaps a hair more effective than Julius Jones at this point. It's like buying Equal because Sweet n' Low isn't cutting it anymore. I honestly feel that Forsett is our best RB right now, even though he (theoretically) lacks the durability of a 3-downer. I'd love to see him on most downs with Duckett working the short yardage (or hell, why not Schmitt?). We might as well sign Rudi Johnson or Priest Holmes at this point.

Seahawks homer here. I'm not sure if I should be pleased about this announcement or not. Edge just turned 31 this month and he's perhaps a hair more effective than Julius Jones at this point. It's like buying Equal because Sweet n' Low isn't cutting it anymore. I honestly feel that Forsett is our best RB right now, even though he (theoretically) lacks the durability of a 3-downer. I'd love to see him on most downs with Duckett working the short yardage (or hell, why not Schmitt?). We might as well sign Rudi Johnson or Priest Holmes at this point.

Or Shaun Alexander. :wacko:

I greet this with a gigantic "so what?". Doesn't hurt or help the running game, but probably goes a bit towards emphasizing that they are going to throw the poo out of the football.

Edited by godtomsatan

or think emmitt smith his last 3 or 4 seasons as he held on to suck away the all-time rushing title from its rightful holder. :D

ok, maybe edge isn't quite that used up.

:wacko:

Or Shaun Alexander. :wacko:

I greet this with a gigantic "so what?". Doesn't even hurt or hinder the running game, but probably goes a bit towards emphasizing that they are going to throw the poo out of the football.

Hehe. Agree. I think it's bringing in someone that knows how to protect the QB and pickup the blitz.

James has been hanging out there for months. I am confident that the Seahawks were not considering him their secret weapon (or even starter) since they waited until training camp was over before bringing him in.

I think DMD's point is that he's not even a legit "safety valve," but that he's done and just won't admit it, and SEA was stupid enough to believe it too.

Well, regardless of what he meant, I see this as a safety valve because at the very least, you know he can pass protect and get 2 yds per carry should JJ get injured. I still think JJ will be the guy there - whoever said Duckett.... whatchya smoking? Has Duckett EVER started aside from a few games his rookie year? At least JJ has done some good things and has started most of his career.

I think DMD's point is that he's not even a legit "safety valve," but that he's done and just won't admit it, and SEA was stupid enough to believe it too.

Uh..it's a low profile non-guaranteed deal. He sure in the heck can pass block better than Duckett, Forsett, or Moore.

PFT is reporting Duckett has been cut.

This makes me laugh after realizing it was Taznib who earlier in this thread claimed Duckett should be the starter :wacko: Sorry Taz, I love you man, but your fantasy acumen is lacking based on this thread and all your JStew love. Can you give me a list of all your 'can't miss' players so I can add them to my 'players to avoid' list?

This makes me laugh after realizing it was Taznib who earlier in this thread claimed Duckett should be the starter :D Sorry Taz, I love you man, but your fantasy acumen is lacking based on this thread and all your JStew love. Can you give me a list of all your 'can't miss' players so I can add them to my 'players to avoid' list?

He may still maintain Duckett should be the starter.:wacko:

That was a surprise though. Maybe Edge does have something left.

Well, regardless of what he meant, I see this as a safety valve because at the very least, you know he can pass protect and get 2 yds per carry

True, and that's no less than any of their other RBs can say. :wacko:

I would think someone would pick up Duckett as an inexpensive goal line option though.