[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which of these rookie RBs busts out?

Cunning Runt

bust out as in will be a bust or as in bust out with great numbers ?

I think Scott has the best chance of busting out with big numbers both because of talent and because of who he has in front of him on the dept chart. I believe Benson will not even make it to the second half of the season as a starter

Greene has the biggest potential for this year. However, he has to bypass Leon witch is doubtful.

Unless Cedrick is hurt, he's not gonna lose any carries to the rook Scott..plain and simple

I love James Davis but I think Jamaal Lewis has 1 more year left in the tank.

Others will say JD, but my money is on Greene for best production this year.

Greene has the biggest potential for this year. However, he has to bypass Leon witch is doubtful.

Unless Cedrick is hurt, he's not gonna lose any carries to the rook Scott..plain and simple

I love James Davis but I think Jamaal Lewis has 1 more year left in the tank.

Others will say JD, but my money is on Greene for best production this year.

I don't see Greene doing what Leon Washington does. I think he needs to bypass TJ or see him traded. Leon's a special back.

James Davis has to pass Harrison before getting to Jamal.

Unlike last years rookies these guys have "solid" starters ahead of them.

Slaton Houston?

Forte Bear?

C Johnson Tenn (big snack?)

The only rookie running back this year doing anything will be Moreno or D Brown and they may end up in RBBC. Moreno is the only one with a chance to be a true #1 back....I left out Wells to aviod his injury history and Hightower.

Interesting feedback thus far.

I've read on this board, and others (sorry), that all three have a better than reasonable chance of taking over the starting jobs.

But yet it appears to be the wisdom in this thread that the likelihood of this is slim in all three cases.

I asked the question because I'm trying to educate myself on these three guys in particular because they are most definitely on my radar. I admittedly know little about any of them but yet I hear quite a bit of buzz. Maybe the buzz is ill-founded. I honestly dunno.

Edited by Cunning Runt

bust out as in will be a bust or as in bust out with great numbers ?

I think Scott has the best chance of busting out with big numbers both because of talent and because of who he has in front of him on the dept chart. I believe Benson will not even make it to the second half of the season as a starter

Exactly. T Jones is about done but not enough for Greene to take over this year. Even then it will be a classic thunder/lightning approach with Greene and Washington. Benson blows.

Davis just isn't good enough to get past Lewis AND Harrison. Token touches at most. (I still can't believe that both them and SEA didn't take a RB higher)

Edited by BeeR

Slaton Houston?

Forte Bear?

The only rookie running back this year doing anything will be Moreno or D Brown and they may end up in RBBC. Moreno is the only one with a chance to be a true #1 back....I left out Wells to aviod his injury history and Hightower.

Yes and Smith in Detroit too.

I can't share your certainty because there are always surprises but Moreno, Wells and Brown are the favorites. Possibly Scott too because Benson hasn't had a history of success.

I like Shonn Greene if TJ gets hurt or traded....probably the 1st option...

Bernard Scott could play well, but Cedric benson is apparently playing well ahead of him.....although there is probably more than enough carries to go around for both of them..

James Davis.....I don't have much faith in the guys ahead of him....he could very well come out the starter and a top 10 RB...

Slaton Houston?

Forte Bear?

Agreed 100%. The others have a list of RB's in front that can carry the load for their team while Addia and Denver in general really could use an out of the gate rookie starter.

I don't see Greene doing what Leon Washington does. I think he needs to bypass TJ or see him traded. Leon's a special back.

James Davis has to pass Harrison before getting to Jamal.

JD has already passed Harrison in my estimation. He's practicing and Harrison isn't. He's producing where Harrison hasn't. He has the size/speed combo to be a starter where Harrison doesn't.

JD has already passed Harrison in my estimation. He's practicing and Harrison isn't. He's producing where Harrison hasn't. He has the size/speed combo to be a starter where Harrison doesn't.

What about LeSean McKoy? with westbrooks knee problems I can see him stepping in.

Only if Westy gets injured. I think there is more potential for Brown to actually take Addias job than McCoy to take Westy's job.

I don't expect McCoy to take Westy's job but I think the Eagles are going to rotate Westy out more this year.

Payton doesnt have patiance for rookies who make rookie mistakes...I am not so sure Brown is there yet. At least Addai has been there.

But the lack of a strong running game is what really hurt the Pat's last year. If Brown can show some light the next 2 games I can honestly see Addai getting less and less carries. Simular to the TH and Edgwin situation in Arizona.

Edited by BearBroncos

But the lack of a strong running game is what really hurt the Pat's last year. If Brown can show some light the next 2 games I can honestly see Addai getting less and less carries. Simular to the TH and Edgwin situation in Arizona.

I assume you meant the Colts. The shaky OL didn't help either, and it's still a little dicey, esp at the key OT spot.

Anyway this is about guys you can likely get with one of your last picks - probably not true with Brown; he'll go a little higher due to "upside."

I assume you meant the Colts. The shaky OL didn't help either, and it's still a little dicey, esp at the key OT spot.

Anyway this is about guys you can likely get with one of your last picks - probably not true with Brown; he'll go a little higher due to "upside."

I did and thanks for the correction.

Edited by BearBroncos

Ya, it is and morseo about the three guys mentioned in the initial post since I've been hearing buzz that they may flat out win the job - maybe not initially, but midseason(ish). McCoy and Moreno not so much as McCoy is a handcuff - not someone in the same vein as I had originally intended. Moreno is likely to win the job outright from day 1 and was likely drafted as people's #2RB or at worst #3RB from the outset. Donald Brown may fit the description better, but as BeeR mentioned, he's probably going in between rds 10-13 already.

Not mentioned yet...but Coffee could make some noise if Gore goes down...as much as SF will supposedly be running the ball I could see Gore going down.

Also what about MJD's backup whoever that ends up being? Possibly rook Rashad Jennings? Just don't see MJD making it the whole season on his own after soo many years of sharing with Fragile Freddy.

KO'd