[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leon Washington

DMD

It is only preseason but you had to be thoroughly impressed with Washington playing in Baltimore against mostly the first team Ravens defense. He ran for 48 yards on 8 carries and then had two catches for 35 yards and one touchdown.

This is still going to be a committee for the Jets but I have never been so impressed with Washington.

Me either and I just drafted him in one league as my #3 RB. I expect him to be even more involved this year regardless of Greene being there and the backfield being even more crowded because he is the most explosive player they have.

Edited by irish

in a PPR league if where you go WR/WR you can't go wrong drafting guys like Leon and Bradshaw as they could very easily end up in the top 20-25s even with their limited amount of touches...heck last year Leon ranked 29th in a 1 pt PPR league and that was with only 66 carries for 388 yards with 5 TDs and 41 catches for 326 yards with 2 TDs...

Edited by keggerz

It is only preseason but you had to be thoroughly impressed with Washington playing in Baltimore against mostly the first team Ravens defense. He ran for 48 yards on 8 carries and then had two catches for 35 yards and one touchdown.

This is still going to be a committee for the Jets but I have never been so impressed with Washington.

I've always thought he should be the starter for the last couple years. The fact that T. Jones has been the starter has always baffled me.

I've always thought he should be the starter for the last couple years. The fact that T. Jones has been the starter has always baffled me.

I was never so sure he should be the starter as I questioned his ability to carry the load...

but I really wish he would get more touches.....he's just explosive and a playmaker on the level of Westbrook in the passing game and also when he gets past the 2nd level of the defense...

Looks like my dynasty league seedling is pushing its way out of the ground.

Excellent...

LW was always explosive, but I have watched him steadilly improve every aspect of his game since he was a rook. His awareness and route running, his blocking ability, his hands and his power between the tackles, he's gotten better at all phases. When he fiorst entered the NFL, he wasn't polished enough nor strong enough to be a starting RB, but it sure looks like he has all the tools and abilty to do that now.

Jones will remain the bell cow, but one has to believe the Jets will actually get LW more touches THIS year, but Mangini said that in the past too. There is a new sherrif in town, and he says LW will get more touches too. This time, it might actually mean something.

LW was always explosive, but I have watched him steadilly improve every aspect of his game since he was a rook. His awareness and route running, his blocking ability, his hands and his power between the tackles, he's gotten better at all phases. When he fiorst entered the NFL, he wasn't polished enough nor strong enough to be a starting RB, but it sure looks like he has all the tools and abilty to do that now.

Jones will remain the bell cow, but one has to believe the Jets will actually get LW more touches THIS year, but Mangini said that in the past too. There is a new sherrif in town, and he says LW will get more touches too. This time, it might actually mean something.

Agree 100%. He will never be the starter but needs to get many more touches than he did under Mangini. He can score from anywhere and has great vision. He is listed at 5'7" but he is shorter. He slips through the linemen unnoticed and has great elusive moves. Why Tannenbaum (Jets GM) hasn't got this man his new contract is a total mystery. He is the Jets best offensive weapon and will be an integral part of any success they will have over the next several years.

Also, Shonn Green looked good tonight. He will be T. Jones replacement next year no doubt

Edited by Dcat