[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees vs Rodgers

allen4a5150

We have a Keeper league where i can keep 1 qb..... our league is a $300 auction league and i either have to keep Brees for $92 of my $300 or i can keep Rodgers for $4 of my $300. we have a total of 17 players that must be filled (4qbs 4rbs 4wrs 2 te 2k 2d)

I know its a big difference in money and seems like a no brainer but Brees seems bullet proof right now and Rodgers in my mind is still unproven but i can keep him forever at $4.

looking for help....thanks

(I don't do auction leagues, so...)

Brees is definitely much better than Rodgers in FF, but Rodgers is definitely the real deal. He'll be the QB in GB for quite a while. So while Brees > Rodgers, I have to imagine that the dollars involved screams Rodgers if you can keep him forever for $4 (versus $92)!

If you can keep Rodgers FOREVER for $4 keep him He will be a top 5 QB next year if not this one. Brees has been the best QB in the NFL 4 years running (TD's & Yardage over 4yrs) but Rodgers is worth keeping. If you can afford to keep them both do so and trade 1 later for someone you might need later in the season. But Keep Rodgers trade Brees.

I have to agree, Rodgers is a great value @ 4.00 and if you think about it Brees would be a third of your cap...its best just to let him go. Plus I don't look for Brees to put up those kind of numbers again this year. Historically season whenever a player at just about any position comes off a monster season their stats drop exponentially...I mean don't get me wrong, he'll still be a good qb but I don't think there will be much of a spread in production between brees and rodgers.