[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Top 12 Fantasy Picks

N4S

My first post here.

Hope you like.

======================

1. Adrian Peterson - Easy no brainer here. Still the safest number 1 pick in my book.

2. Maurice Jones-Drew - I think MJD is going to flourish with the riddance of Fred Taylor and becoming the premier go to guy in the offense's running and passing attack.

3. Michael Turner - I was high on him at first but have bumped him down. I see a lot of defenses crowding the box against Atlanta and it will make the Falcons go to the air. Tony Gonzalez is in town and is a great blocked but watch them use him more in the air on 3rd downs and most importantly on the goaline.

4. Matt Forte - Forte will in my opinion be even better this year with the addition of Cutler. Forte is both active in the run and pass game and could eventually be the top back at season's end.

5. DeAngelo Williams - Many slept on him and he became a beast last year with 20 total touchdowns and should be effective again this year. Jonathan Stewart is there and will steal some reps but don't worry about it too much.

6. Steven Jackson - Jackson was disappointing in the beginning of last year but bounced back in a strong fashion. The Rams O-line improved this off-season as well. Look for him to be the main man once again.

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - I wanted to rank him a bit higher but I can't hop back on the LT train that easily. He will have a good year if he stays injury free and Norve Turner stated that LT will compete for the rushing title this year in being their main option.

8. Tom Brady - Have you seen him in pre-season? I took him in both of my leagues last year in the first round and got stung. Brady is back and looks great so far. He is taking hits and throwing the patented bombs and bullets in pre-season. Take the risk. High risk / Extremely High reward.

9. Steve Slaton - Maybe a little high for the little man here but look at him last year. He came out of no where and in some drafts wasn't even drafted. I remember last year telling a buddy in my league with the last pick to take him because I followed his college career. Well, he was a vital part in my buddy winning our league. Slaton is worth the pick at 8.

10. Larry Fitzgerald - The top WR in fantasy football and is almost certain to come off the board in the 1st round. Whether it's Warner or Leinart he will produce heavily.

11. Chris Johnson - He exploded into the league last year out of nowhere and suprised many. He definitely lives up to his nickname 'Dash'. True speedster right here. He will lose a lot for TD's to the poacher Lendale White. However one question in my mind is that White lost a good amount of weight. Will this effect his smashing / aggressive running style in a positive or negative way?

12. Frank Gore - Gore worries me a bit every year. He carries the workload in SF but overall this offense is always shaky to me. Having a weak offense could work out for the better because he is one of the only decent option but a few other things that worry me is that SF is using losing so they need to hit the air to gain points on the scoreboard and is rookie RB Glen Coffee who has looked awesome in pre-season. Coffee could be given many looks this year.

Not too far behind (no particular order): Calvin Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Dree Brees, Randy Moss.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top12:

1 - Michael Turner

2 - Matt Forte

3 - MJD

4 - Ladanian Tomlinson

5 - ADP

6 - Andre Johnson

7 - Frank Gore

8 - Fitz

9 - DeAngelo Williams

10 - Steven Jackson

11 - Randy Moss

12 - Steve Slaton

I moved my top 5 around recently. I used to have MJD as #1 but now that I think about it he scares me a little bit. Forte and Turner are going to touch the football a whole lot so that to me warrants #1 #2

Edited by MrTed46

+1

Noobs...

:wacko:

Yes, but at least he's learning quicker which is more than I can say for some here. :D

haha. Ok, I will take your advice and stay away from it.

O really?

Ya know. I post on many boards and believe in somewhat warm welcomes.

I come in here with good intentions and then this dude makes a wise ass comment?

I could have easily fired back but it's not my style.

With that said I def got a bad first impression over here so far.

Edited by N4S

O really?

I come in here with good intentions and then this dude makes a wise ass comment?

Interesting. Two people make comments about your choice of a QB in the first round, I try to defend you, and I am the one called out. Whatever.

O really?

Always a bad policy to join a MB and expect all the members to accomodate you...

You'll find that you'll need a little thicker skin at this board. All out flaming is unwelcome. Sticking a few barbs in is great sport.

It definitely makes the banter much more fun and discussion more lively (and educational as a consequence), but if your feelings get tweaked quickly & often, you might want to sit and watch for a while.

Always a bad policy to join a MB and expect all the members to accomodate you...

You'll find that you'll need a little thicker skin at this board. All out flaming is unwelcome. Sticking a few barbs in is great sport.

It definitely makes the banter much more fun and discussion more lively (and educational as a consequence), but if your feelings get tweaked quickly & often, you might want to sit and watch for a while.

Absolutely. Look what happened to Big Ernie (and Little Ernie!) McCracken! They've not been seen in these parts in a really long time...

Welcome to The Huddle! Have fun, take it all in stride, and you'll finding yourself in here all the time.

All.

The.

Time... :wacko:

Huddle hints, noob.

Bring knowledge

Bring opinion

Speak your mind

Respect when others do the same

Lurk for a while and get a feel for the culture here, it's pretty unique

DO NOT - Take everything personally, especially when getting ribbed for being a fan of your favorite team.

DO NOT - Expect everyone to care who your top ten is, when no one knows who you are or what you know

DO NOT - Join a league against Henry Muto, you will lose

Huddle hints, noob.

Some more:

- The word that means large, enormous is properly spelled "HUGH."

- Big John is the closest thing we have to a deity. Believe it!

- :wacko: You'll get it.

- +1 is an easy way to respond to a post and indicate you agree with it.

Explore the Tailgate and all other forums...this is a great community!