[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gang green....

Rovers

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovers, if that doesn't do it for you, I can see about swinging by E.Mead., pick u up and get you somewhere tonight.

FW gets my "hell of a guy" award for the day. Rovers, take him up on this gracious offer! You need treatment now! Good luck.

Rovers, if that doesn't do it for you, I can see about swinging by E.Mead., pick u up and get you somewhere tonight.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer.

I think I will wait until tomorrow morning and go to the VA hospital in Northport. That way I have a shot at having a life after treatment. I'm pretty sure I can qualify as a vietnam era vet for this sort of emergency treatment. The VA relaxed the rules back in June it looks like, for eligabilty for treatment on non-service connected health problems. In the meantime I put some silver sulfadjazine on it and it looks a lot better. No oozing.

I think this is my best shot.... this will require a whole treatment program, beyond just an ER visit. The underlying cause of this has to get treated, or it will happen again. I have no signs of worsening conditions. In fact, even the eye infection has gotten a bit better since this morning.

Thanks to all of you.... I really had no focus, just was a bit lost, didn't know what the heck to do. After posting and reading some replies, I snapped out of it and made some phone calls. I think this is a good plan for me.

I really am a dumb mick. Stupid, stubborn and with a constitution that won't quit. Hopefully, if I get there early, they can patch me up and I can get back to landscaping tomorrow afternoon. I've worked through pain before, that isn't my concern at all. Losing a foot.... now that would make things difficult. A toe... meh... a foot is a problem.

Well, thanks to you guys, I got my chit together enough to have a plan. Thanks again.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer.

I think I will wait until tomorrow morning and go to the VA hospital in Northport. That way I have a shot at having a life after treatment. I'm pretty sure I can qualify as a vietnam era vet for this sort of emergency treatment. The VA relaxed the rules back in June it looks like, for eligabilty for treatment on non-service connected health problems. In the meantime I put some silver sulfadjazine on it and it looks a lot better. No oozing.

I think this is my best shot.... this will require a whole treatment program, beyond just an ER visit. The underlying cause of this has to get treated, or it will happen again. I have no signs of worsening conditions. In fact, even the eye infection has gotten a bit better since this morning.

Thanks to all of you.... I really had no focus, just was a bit lost, didn't know what the heck to do. After posting and reading some replies, I snapped out of it and made some phone calls. I think this is a good plan for me.

I really am a dumb mick. Stupid, stubborn and with a constitution that won't quit. Hopefully, if I get there early, they can patch me up and I can get back to landscaping tomorrow afternoon. I've worked through pain before, that isn't my concern at all. Losing a foot.... now that would make things difficult. A toe... meh... a foot is a problem.

Well, thanks to you guys, I got my chit together enough to have a plan. Thanks again.

I just called there and they're open 24/7. My offer stands. You need to get seen. I've got the directions and am more than willing to go tonight. I'll check back here in a little while.

I just called there and they're open 24/7. My offer stands. You need to get seen. I've got the directions and am more than willing to go tonight. I'll check back here in a little while.

FW.... incredible offer. You are a man amoung men to make it.

Problem is, I could be there for hours on end. If I can drive myself, I have transportation home. Having not done so well with my initial reaction (hitting a bottle of scotch) I can't drive that far at this point, but now it's a difference of maybe 8 to 10 hours if I go very early tomorrow. Given that the infection is drying now, I think that should be fine. That ointment I mentioned was a prescription my diabetic sister gave me for wound treatment. Seems to have helped. Your offer is not one I will forget.

As soon as the booze wears off you need to get in the car. If you develop sepsis from this you can do some pretty significant internal damage and go into septic shock, which can be fatal if not aggressively treated.

Best case scenario is the ED will debride your foot and prescribe oral antibiotics. They also need to look at your underlying conditions and check for peripheral artery disease, possible blood clots and diabetes.

Bit worse- The infection is spreading and worsening and you'll end up admitted to the hospital on IV antibiotics for an unknown period of time. Big loss in your wages there.

Worst case-- You develop sepsis and risk internal organ damage, loss of our foot, and possible death.

Get your stubborn azz to the hospital.

What they said. Get some medical attention pronto.

I would also worry about why you're developing gangrene. You may have diabetes. Have you been thirsty and drinking a lot (water, not Scotch)? If you have diabetes, there can be some serious, acute metabolic consequences (ketoacidosis, hyperglycemic coma, etc.).

GL Rovers.

Edited by MojoMan

No Athenae. How would your family feel about you dying? Stop the macho bullchit and take FW up on his offer. Hell if anyone has your name and address, I'd call 911 on your ignorant ass right now. :wacko:

+1 When me and this idiot agree on something, you know it has to be right.